Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Osweiler to Houston

I'm not defending him or attacking him. But if someone is going to knock him because his name is Brock when your qb's name is Blake, then I will speak on it.

Not to mention calling Brock scrawny when he and Blake have measurables as close as they do.

Too early to guess what Brock becomes, but anyone claiming anything about him with certainty, good or bad, is just....dumb.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A couple of reporters like Fox News Sports Peter Schrager for example stated that he was high on Owsweiler being successful in Houston yet he thought that RG3 wouldn't do well in Cleveland & that the Browns might take a QB at 8th overall Lynch.. he too has Jaguars taking Jalen Ramsey 5th overall...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-m...nds-042616

I disagree with him in that I think RG3 will do okay in Cleveland this year (look their team isnt going to be great this year anyways), and that Osweiler will struggle more in Houston than he did in Denver making him look worse than RG3 overall.

I also don't think that the Browns will draft Lynch but rather take the Best Available Player which might be Vernon Hargreaves III (whom some have compared to the Corner Joe Haden).

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 11:20 PM by Haterade.)

He's an improvement, but how much remains to be seen. Do I think he's better than Luck, Bortles, or Mariota? No. Does he have to be? No. Just keep passing to the wide open Hopkins and avoid INTs

Nobody knows at this point what Brock will do.

And while I think he'll be an upgrade he might not be and for anyone to say otherwise is spouting garbage.

Quote: Nobody knows at this point what Brock will do.

And while I think he'll be an upgrade he might not be and for anyone to say otherwise is spouting garbage.

Don't care. I say he's going to be so extremely average. Sue me.
Shock the world

Quote:I've seen the lankiest, skinniest QB in the world. Not teddy, but Brock. With a name like Brock he needs to hit the gym. I've seen bigger high school QBs
[Image: 635511619007676094-187603543.jpg]

hm... just looks like a QB to me. 

ImATexan

Quote:Don't care. I say he's going to be so extremely average. Sue me.

Whatever you say Nostradumas .....

A friend of mine is a HUGE Broncos fan.  He says what most of us are thinking, which is Osweiler is a boom or bust type of prospect.  He might turn out to be a really good QB but there isn't enough playing time to say that you can see that trend.  It was a bold move by the Texans, and now with their draft they are obviously doubling down on him.  They needed to do that NOW because that D has a few years left before they need to rebuild it.  

I tend to think that with the D he can at least be a good game manager, maybe more.  On the other hand, I am always cautious of QBs that are being paid as franchise guys that are not resigned by their own team.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:A friend of mine is a HUGE Broncos fan.  He says what most of us are thinking, which is Osweiler is a boom or bust type of prospect.  He might turn out to be a really good QB but there isn't enough playing time to say that you can see that trend.  It was a bold move by the Texans, and now with their draft they are obviously doubling down on him.  They needed to do that NOW because that D has a few years left before they need to rebuild it.  

I tend to think that with the D he can at least be a good game manager, maybe more.  On the other hand, I am always cautious of QBs that are being paid as franchise guys that are not resigned by their own team.

That's basically how I feel.

I'm excited because the Texans haven't had this type of high ceiling young QB in a long time, but it's always a wildcard move that more often than not leaves you with average or disappointing results. Revamping the offense for him is a smart decision, and I agree that we needed to at least try and be splashy with it now because we don't have a very long window of time for our entire defense to remain intact. About four years max, maybe five if we're lucky.

As for him not being resigned by Denver though, people forget that Elway couldn't really up his offer. Our cap space was way more than Denver's. $16.5 million is still a significant offer by Elway though, amd it shows that he indeed wanted him back. Yeah he didn't want to risk breaking the bank and going way over the cap for him, but what team would? It was definitely a better decision for Elway to just let Brock go, but people need to quit acting like Elway laughed and said sayonara. Him and Kubiak clearly wanted him back and both were very high on him and praised him throughout the season last year. Elway can try and pretend otherwise, but losing Brock definitely made him sweat over what the team would possibly do at QB. Getting Lynch is an ideal solution long term, but Lynch is a guy who will very likely need a year or even a year and a half of sitting and learning before he's ready for an NFL offense. In the meantime they have to hope Sanchez is decent enough to get them back into the playoffs. They probably will win a wild card, but I don't see them winning the division. Right now it looks like a battle between KC and Oakland.