Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Osweiler to Houston

Quote:While this is surprising, I really see Osweiler as a slight upgrade, if one at all. He was surrounded by far more talent and kept himself from being responsible for losses, with really only one good game in his own right.

Not worried.

You should be somewhat concerned.  Osweiler played better than Manning in Denver, and Houston has some pretty good players.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you look at the structure of the contract, it's actually not a terrible deal given the supply/demand on QB contracts.  It is structured as a two-year try out, after the 2017 season there is no dead money if Brock doesn't perform and the Texans decide to cut him.

It seems to be a pretty good deal to take a chance on him without mortgaging the future. If I were a Texans fan I would be cautiously optimistic about the player and pretty happy about the contract.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Very happy about the signing.  Great for the jags.

Quote:Very happy about the signing.  Great for the jags.

Great for the Jags exactly how?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Osweiler is not great and will be their QB for years.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:You should be somewhat concerned.  Osweiler played better than Manning in Denver, and Houston has some pretty good players.

Manning was terrible last year. You aren't allowed to divide by zero.

Hoyer was better than Osweiler. The tinhorns have downgraded.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I'd take Osweiler over Hoyer, but BB5, Luck, or MM over Osweiler

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 08:56 AM by jgibbly.)

I wonder how much of Brock Lobsters' success in Denver was from the team there (that defense), and not his personal talent. Its not hard to look good in Denver and come out with an inflated sense of ability. (What happened to Tebow when he jumped ship?)

I hope the best for Brock, but I think the jags are going to give him quite the shock.

Quote:I wonder how much of Brock Lobsters' success in Denver was from the team there (that defense), and not his personal talent. Its not hard to look good in Denver and come out with an inflated sense of ability. (What happened to Tebow when he jumped ship?)

I hope the best for Brock, but I think the jags are going to give him quite the shock.

QB play directly led to some key losses for the tinhorns last year (especially that playoff game).

Osweiler does have some experience with playing it safe and letting the stout defense win and keep them in games.

If Houston's defense plays as well as it did the last half of the season, and Osweiler manages games with few turnovers, they will be a tough team to deal with.

I don't blame them for making this move at all.

I would expect Houston fans to be pretty excited about the signing, but its a toss up at best.  He had some ok moments at Denver, but Denver won through out the year because of that defense, not the offense.  It will be interesting to see because Houston will be a scary team if they get any sort of offense going.

Quote: He had some ok moments at Denver, but Denver won through out the year because of that defense, not the offense. It will be interesting to see because Houston will be a scary team if they get any sort of offense going.

I think it's a good fit because Osweiler is used to having a very tough defense controlling games. Houston's defense is a very good unit in it's own right.

Quote:I would expect Houston fans to be pretty excited about the signing, but its a toss up at best.  He had some ok moments at Denver, but Denver won through out the year because of that defense, not the offense.  It will be interesting to see because Houston will be a scary team if they get any sort of offense going.

Let's just hope we can get some defense, and be scary ourselves before that.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You should be somewhat concerned.  Osweiler played better than Manning in Denver, and Houston has some pretty good players.
i agree but he also had alot of talent around him. Having Demarius as a target will inflate anyone a little bit. But to be fair, he did play very well all things considering. i do think he is an upgrade from Hoyer, but then again, who isn't.

Quote:i agree but he also had alot of talent around him. Having Demarius as a target will inflate anyone a little bit. But to be fair, he did play very well all things considering. i do think he is an upgrade from Hoyer, but then again, who isn't.

Hopkins is consistently ranked higher than Demaryius,and Cecil and Nate are pretty dang solid.

Osweiler will have plenty of targets to prove his worth..or lack there of.

Osweiler can be a very average game manager. I saw every single Broncos game last year, I don't see what anyone sees in Osweiler.

What I saw was a quarterback who has pathetic deep accuracy and is deathly afraid of throwing past the line of scrimmage. He's a quarterback that requires a good tight end to be productive in this league.

Why Houston is deathly afraid of drafting a quarterback confuses me. They'd be much better off.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Osweiler can be a very average game manager. I saw every single Broncos game last year, I don't see what anyone sees in Osweiler.

What I saw was a quarterback who has pathetic deep accuracy and is deathly afraid of throwing past the line of scrimmage. He's a quarterback that requires a good tight end to be productive in this league.

Why Houston is deathly afraid of drafting a quarterback confuses me. They'd be much better off.

It's really pretty simple.

McNair is getting old and wants to win before he croaks and BO had better win if he expects to keep his job after the two years Osweiler has to prove himself and they both,rightfully so,think this is the faster route.

And of course you have to consider how long our D is going to stay at the level it is now.

[Image: FR1fG5l.jpg]

Who else thinks he looks like the twink from twilight?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

The Texans will be hoping that Brock Osweiler isn't next Matt Flynn. From what I've seen of Osweiler he looks to have the ability to be a starter in the NFL, but precisely what level of starter is up for debate, at the minute he looks more likely to be an average starter than a potential elite or franchise quarterback.  

Quote:     It's really pretty simple.

McNair is getting old and wants to win before he croaks and BO had better win if he expects to keep his job after the two years Osweiler has to prove himself and they both,rightfully so,think this is the faster route.

And of course you have to consider how long our D is going to stay at the level it is now.

He really should have signed Peyton when he came knocking looking to take revenge on the colts. The texans already missed their turn. If Osweiler were a franchise level QB the broncos would have used their franchise tag on him instead of Miller.

I doubt Osweiler will be as bad as what you had last year, he doesn't seem to be that physically limited like Hoyer or mentally challenged like Mallet, but he got benched for a guy that had nothing left for a reason.