Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are you starting to get nervous?

Quote:Cool story bro.

Thanks for letting me up my post count yet again for nothing.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No.

There are players left that can provide upgrades and we have the #5 pick in the draft.

Good things yet to come.

No, Dave is the man and operates under the radar. There will be some under-the-radar signings today and beyond that will pay big dividends later. I think Wash is going to be an excellent D-coordinator. If Gus can take the next step as a HC and get good at in-game management, and let his coordinators coordinate, the Jaguars are poised for a playoff run. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:Thanks for letting me up my post count yet again for nothing.
You're welcome sourpuss

Quote:Again, this is just your opinion. 

Had he been ranked in the 20's and the Jags signed him, I'm sure rankings would have mattered to you, and you'd be howling that they could have signed someone who was more highly ranked. 

He's coming to a situation where the defensive line has a considerable amount of talent.  It's  not like he's going somewhere where he's expected to carry the load. 

I like your last line, can't disagree with that... but we don't have a Von Miller or something near that on the line. We don't have the secondary they did too... so yeah I mean it's still not a wrong opinion. 

Quote:LOL... you talk about cap like it means something. You tell me what a guy is going to pick... the same contract with NYG (Largest market) vs the same contract with Jax... come on... it's like some of you just talk out of your rear end without logically thinking and just keep the blinders on.

Edit: I'm the guy that holds back overall opinion until I see something that's proven. If you think that's funny or hilarious or [BLEEP], not my problem.

If the Giants and Jags offer the same contract, I'll guarantee you he comes to Jacksonville.  With the kind of money we're talking about, it comes down to how much he'd have to give up in taxes, and if it's all about the money, it's a no brainer where he winds up.  Market size has nothing to do with it, but that's just logic talking.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:If the Giants and Jags offer the same contract, I'll guarantee you he comes to Jacksonville.  With the kind of money we're talking about, it comes down to how much he'd have to give up in taxes, and if it's all about the money, it's a no brainer where he winds up.  Market size has nothing to do with it, but that's just logic talking.

I can't believe you actually think this to be honest. 

Quote:What's up Bruce Irvin. What's up Sean Smith. What's up Janoris Jenkins. 

Oh... did I type that... I must be drunk.
Jaguars never showed interest in Sean Smith, Jaguars never showed interest in Janoris Jenkins. By all accounts, the Jaguars did not think Irvin was worth the cash the Raiders gave him. 

Also, its not like the Raiders are a team thats been stellar for.......I cant even remember. 

Your argument is silly and you sound like a child on christmas who did not get the toy he wanted. Live in misery, thats your choice. 

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:37 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Jaguars never showed interest in Sean Smith, Jaguars never showed interest in Janoris Jenkins. By all accounts, the Jaguars did not think Irvin was worth the cash the Raiders gave him. 

Also, its not like the Raiders are a team thats been stellar for.......I cant even remember. 

Your argument is silly and you sound like a child on christmas who did not get the toy he wanted. Live in misery, thats your choice. 

Actually if you look up my posts you'll see I said the Jags never were linked to Sean Smith. I didn't mention they weren't linked to Jenkins, but I know they weren't... still doesn't change the fact of what I said. If we wanted them, they'd be here by most of you guys standards.

Edit: I realize it's standard on this board to end posts with meaningless shots at the posters trying to humiliate them, but that's just not me.

2nd Edit: Yeah, as I've stated a million times, the fact that the Raiders are on our level is humiliating all in itself since they're getting a million names linked to them and other than Ivory/Jackson we're in the dust.

Quote:I can't believe you actually think this to be honest. 
Cherry pick one sentence out of an entire post.  Removing context certainly helps you out considerably, doesn't it? 

If it's about the money.  That part seems to have eluded your cherry picking.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:40 PM by Pwmccorm1216.)

Quote:If the Giants and Jags offer the same contract, I'll guarantee you he comes to Jacksonville.  With the kind of money we're talking about, it comes down to how much he'd have to give up in taxes, and if it's all about the money, it's a no brainer where he winds up.  Market size has nothing to do with it, but that's just logic talking.
We are arguing with a child. He thinks this a video game like Madden.  Agents job is to get as much money as possible, what this guy is refusing to acknowledge it taxes, agent fees, guaranteed money, weather, etc. A player who's 25 and looking to cash in big does not care for which team he plays for, more as to how much money is being presented at the table. If this was a player on the decline, maybe a team with a better playoff chance is in play as he has already case, or even in that circumstance, whoever offers the most might want he sweepstakes. 

The NFL does work off team name and prestige, the players go where the money is. If the Giants offer a better deal, he will go there, if the Jags offer a better deal, he probably goes there and incentives also come into account as the Jags have the advantage there. 

Quote:Actually if you look up my posts you'll see I said the Jags never were linked to Sean Smith. I didn't mention they weren't linked to Jenkins, but I know they weren't... still doesn't change the fact of what I said. If we wanted them, they'd be here by most of you guys standards.

Edit: I realize it's standard on this board to end posts with meaningless shots at the posters trying to humiliate them, but that's just not me.

It's as if you completely suspend logic to formulate an opinion. 

The Jaguars set caps on what they're willing to spend on any player they're pursuing.  If they don't see a chance in landing a player within those parameters, why bother wasting anyone's time?  As you pointed out, the team wasn't linked to either of the 2 players you referenced above, and they weren't going to overspend for Irvin.  So, they're managing their cap while being willing to spend what is necessary to add talent to this roster that fits their mold.  What a shocker.

Quote:Cherry pick one sentence out of an entire post.  Removing context certainly helps you out considerably, doesn't it? 

If it's about the money.  That part seems to have eluded your cherry picking.

You do realize that whereas you tried to make me look stupid by saying I "cherry picked" one sentence out of your whole post to reply on, the only word in your entire post that even is worth mentionining is "taxes" in which you didn't even say state taxes... so I guess if that's silly, what are you?

Quote:Actually if you look up my posts you'll see I said the Jags never were linked to Sean Smith. I didn't mention they weren't linked to Jenkins, but I know they weren't... still doesn't change the fact of what I said. If we wanted them, they'd be here by most of you guys standards.

2nd Edit: Yeah, as I've stated a million times, the fact that the Raiders are on our level is humiliating all in itself since they're getting a million names linked to them and other than Ivory/Jackson we're in the dust.
Yet you put Sean Smith in your argument to defend that the Jags have no appeal to players. Yet, NFL.com has Malik Jackson as the top rated FA on the market as....gasp....the Jaguars paid him the most money. 

Quote:We are arguing with a child. He thinks this a video game like Madden.  Agents job is to get as much money as possible, what this guy is refusing to acknowledge it taxes, agent fees, guaranteed money, weather, etc. A player who's 25 and looking to cash in big does not care for which team he plays for, more as to how much money is being presented at the table. If this was a player on the decline, maybe a team with a better playoff chance is in play as he has already case, or even in that circumstance, whoever offers the most might want he sweepstakes. 

The NFL does work off team name and prestige, the players go where the money is. If the Giants offer a better deal, he will go there, if the Jags offer a better deal, he probably goes there and incentives also come into account as the Jags have the advantage there. 
It's all about the money for a guy coming off a rookie deal who is in his prime.  The market size is completely irrelevant.  Only the check size matters.  The bigger bottom line is almost always going to win.

I'm shocked.... shocked there aren't more people on this board coming in here to agree with you. You have such great insight!

Quote:You do realize that whereas you tried to make me look stupid by saying I "cherry picked" one sentence out of your whole post to reply on, the only word in your entire post that even is worth mentionining is "taxes" in which you didn't even say state taxes... so I guess if that's silly, what are you?
Are you too stupid to understand what my point was regarding taxes?  Rhetorical question actually because this post pretty much answers that for me.

Quote:It's as if you completely suspend logic to formulate an opinion. 

The Jaguars set caps on what they're willing to spend on any player they're pursuing.  If they don't see a chance in landing a player within those parameters, why bother wasting anyone's time?  As you pointed out, the team wasn't linked to either of the 2 players you referenced above, and they weren't going to overspend for Irvin.  So, they're managing their cap while being willing to spend what is necessary to add talent to this roster that fits their mold.  What a shocker.

First sentence, was completely null and void of any merit whatsoever, mostly what you normally post. 

Second sentence doesn't fit much logic either, since you literally just said if Jacksonville and Giants offered the same contract to someone they'd come here because of "taxes"... ok man. Do you remember your previous posts when you respond or no?

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:43 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Yet you put Sean Smith in your argument to defend that the Jags have no appeal to players. Yet, NFL.com has Malik Jackson as the top rated FA on the market as....gasp....the Jaguars paid him the most money. 

Yeah, you can pick that out of my arguments, which was clearly in response to a different post... but ok, I'll stick to Madden and fantasy football as another poster put.

Edit: It's so funny how you guys want to go on ratings in Free Agency just to argue with someone like me, but if it's ratings or stats during the regular season it's pitchforks and torches. Ok... what a clown fiesta this place is I guess. Logic doesn't fit here.

Quote:Yeah, you can pick that out of my arguments, which was clearly in response to a different post... but ok, I'll stick to Madden and fantasy football as another poster put.
Woo Hoo!

Quote:First sentence, was completely null and void of any merit whatsoever, mostly what you normally post. 

Second sentence doesn't fit much logic either, since you literally just said if Jacksonville and Giants offered the same contract to someone they'd come here because of "taxes"... ok man. Do you remember your previous posts when you respond or no?
Keep flailing away.  You've demonstrated the lack of mental horsepower that's driving you through life.  Hopefully you're not burning up too much of what's left in this discourse.

Taxes and what that implies is clear to anyone with a functional IQ.  You should think about getting one.