Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are you starting to get nervous?

Quote:It's all about the money for a guy coming off a rookie deal who is in his prime.  The market size is completely irrelevant.  Only the check size matters.  The bigger bottom line is almost always going to win.
Exactly, this is not the MLB where theres no cap, the top players dont just go to the Red Sox or the New York Yankees. Money is distributed around in the NFL and teams get a better chance at the better players if they want to overpay. 

Dopey thinks Olivier Vernon wants to play for the Giants because of name. Guarantee, if Jags offer a deal that pays him more than the Giants, hes staying in Florida. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Are you too stupid to understand what my point was regarding taxes?  Rhetorical question actually because this post pretty much answers that for me.

Are you too stupid to realize he makes more than you and taxes aren't as important to someone like you or I?

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Exactly, this is not the MLB where theres no cap, the top players dont just go to the Red Sox or the New York Yankees. Money is distributed around in the NFL and teams get a better chance at the better players if they want to overpay. 

Dopey thinks Olivier Vernon wants to play for the Giants because of name. Guarantee, if Jags offer a deal that pays him more than the Giants, hes staying in Florida. 
There's little doubt about that for anyone other than AGS. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Keep flailing away.  You've demonstrated the lack of mental horsepower that's driving you through life.  Hopefully you're not burning up too much of what's left in this discourse.

Taxes and what that implies is clear to anyone with a functional IQ.  You should think about getting one.

I realize why nobody argues with you, it's completely pointless. You just try and drive the point home that the person you're talking to is under you, it's been clear for years on this board. You can ignore moderators too right?

Quote:Are you too stupid to realize he makes more than you and taxes aren't as important to someone like you or I?
lol If you really think that..... Yikes.

He would make millions more by coming to Jacksonville with no state tax.....

Quote:Are you too stupid to realize he makes more than you and taxes aren't as important to someone like you or I?

Uuuhhhh

;

;

Quote:Exactly, this is not the MLB where theres no cap, the top players dont just go to the Red Sox or the New York Yankees. Money is distributed around in the NFL and teams get a better chance at the better players if they want to overpay. 

Ok LOL... If Vernon doesn't end up here, it's because he didn't want to, not because he didn't get the same contract as NYG... stay classy though. I'm a complete moron when it comes to football. LMFAO.

Quote:Uuuhhhh

I thought so. People that work for pennies can't comprehend this. Hah.

You're really putting on a clinic here. 

Football is a business, especially when it's time to land that big contract.  The bottom line is all that matters, and based on simple economics and how taxes are levied in NY vs. FL, he's going to go where the check he's receiving has the highest amount possible. 

Maybe that doesn't make sense because your minimum wage life can't comprehend the difference in tax rates because it's a couple of bucks either way for you.  We're talking about a major difference when you're talking about tens of millions of dollars.  That's a factor whether you think so or not. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I realize why nobody argues with you, it's completely pointless. You just try and drive the point home that the person you're talking to is under you, it's been clear for years on this board. You can ignore moderators too right?
In this case, I'm right.

Quote:In this case, I'm right.

I'm sure I'd find a hard case trying to go through your posts and find any semblance of you showing you're wrong, but that's not worth my time. Have a good one.

Quote:I thought so. People that work for pennies can't comprehend this. Hah.
Speak for yourself.

Quote:I'm sure I'd find a hard case trying to go through your posts and find any semblance of you showing you're wrong, but that's not worth my time. Have a good one.
Good luck with that.

Quote:lol If you really think that..... Yikes.

He would make millions more by coming to Jacksonville with no state tax.....
Players landing generational wealth type contracts tend to care about the tax implications.  This is no different, unless you're someone like AGS, in which case, you want the rich to give their money to taxes.  It supports a lifestyle.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:55 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Good luck with that.

Vernon is all but official in NYG now, so your argument about taxes is like I said null and void. Imagine that. 

Keep pressing though. IQ wins bro, don't forget.

Edit: It's so crazy being right when everyone TRIES to make you feel stupid... but I know your counter logic is, of course we didn't want to overpay him and stay logical right? LMAO... aight man, y'all have fun arguing with people like me who know what they're talking about vs wasting your time just trying to be right for no reason. Hah!

Quote:Vernon is all but official in NYG now, so your argument about taxes is like I said null and void. Imagine that. 

Source?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Thats false. Since no one can talk to him.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Vernon is all but official in NYG now, so your argument about taxes is like I said null and void. Imagine that. 

Keep pressing though. IQ wins bro, don't forget.

Edit: It's so crazy being right when everyone TRIES to make you feel stupid... but I know your counter logic is, of course we didn't want to overpay him and stay logical right? [BAD WORD REMOVED]... aight man, y'all have fun arguing with people like me who know what they're talking about vs wasting your time just trying to be right for no reason. Hah!

So if a player that the Jags are interested in signs somewhere else, it automatically means the Jags offered the same or better money but just got rejected because Jacksonville?  Your comments in this thread are basically saying that's what you think.  Feel free to clarify your words if that's not true.  Otherwise, logic is clearly failing you here.  Having the most cap space doesn't mean you are automatically putting in the highest bid on any given player.  The money still has to be somewhat close to the value you as GM personally assign to that player.  Player valuations will vary from team to team.  Just because fans are excited about possibly landing Vernon doesn't mean Caldwell is going to throw a blank check at him. 

Quote:Jackson is not the top FA on the market, sorry to burst your bubble. He's a D Lineman that played good because of people around him. Will he play good here? I hope so, but he's not worth what he was paid. 

Edit: I only cared about Jackson if we got Vernon with him, and it's pretty clear we're not getting him.
You edited to repeat something you just said a couple posts ago?

Also... Jackson was #1 FA in every list... so yeah.

Football is a team sport, everyone plays better when they have good people next to them.

This kid is no one year, one game, chump.

He's pretty darned good. Broncos let him walk because they had Derek Wolfe.

Good teams can let good players leave sometimes.

Bad teams (us) always have to over pay.

His contract works both ways.

Vernon is not out of the question.....

but feel free to throw yourself off the nearest rooftop.

:eyeroll:

Quote:Thats false. Since no one can talk to him.

And why is that?