Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson to the Jaguars

Ramsey or Jack now.... Lookin good.

Jackson and Irvin... I'm loving it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That's one issue I have with this signing.

Quote:I was wondering that myself.  With Malik, Marks, Miller, and Michael.  We seem to be set at DT for this season.  The Jags need at least 2 new DB's. 

They may end up making a couple cuts here, perhaps Sen?  :o  So then we would need a couple young bucs. 

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 03:35 PM by Minorcan.)

Quote:Ramsey or Jack now.... Lookin good.

Jackson and Irvin... I'm loving it.
We all thought Irvin was the shoe in and it was Jackson. I still think Irvin is a lock and there's still rumblings we're going to go hard after Vernon. This could be insane. 

Quote:No no. I said dlineman... As in everybody.

And no. I dont. Top five guys get locked up. As such supply in fa is truncated and you wind up paying mid level guys like jj watt.

Let me also say this. Im a homer. Once the deal is signed ill get my palm palms out and hope he helps us get to the promised land and plays at an elite level. My eyes just tell me thats not reasonable.
Broncos can't sign everyone. They attemped at 10-11M per, we offered him 15 to get him away from his team. We can't match what Denver offered and expect to keep him.

When you have a defense that consists of Von, Ware, Wolfe, Marshall, Trevathan, Talib, Ward, etc. while needing to give 15-20M to a QB, hard to allocate money to everyone. For a team like us and we let him go that'd be a worry, for an elite team with a ton of assets that don't have the cash to pay him that much, that's what happens.

Irving about done too. And then going hard for Vernon.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 03:37 PM by JackCity.)

Can't wait to see Jackson and Miller discombobulate Luck.

Quote:Can't wait to see Jackson and Miller discombobulate Luck.
Ummm Fowler and Marks want some of that action bro

Quote:Broncos can't sign everyone. They attemped at 10-11M per, we offered him 15 to get him away from his team. We can't match what Denver offered and expect to keep him.

When you have a defense that consists of Von, Ware, Wolfe, Marshall, Trevathan, Talib, Ward, etc. while needing to give 15-20M to a QB, hard to allocate money to everyone. For a team like us and we let him go that'd be a worry, for an elite team with a ton of assets that don't have the cash to pay him that much, that's what happens.
Exactly. They went all in for the SB this past year. They were bound to lose players. Not to mention they are trying to sign Osweiler. They have so much money tied up in Sanders, Thomas, Miller, Ware......

Quote:Irving about done too. And then going hard for Vernon.

Who is this Irving you keep referring to?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Who is this Irving you keep referring to?

Lol.

Quote:If Denver could have tagged both Jackson and Miller, I believe they would have.

If thet thought he was a top five guy they would have paid him.

Quote:If thet thought he was a top five guy they would have paid him.
Math must be hard for you......

"Here guys! There is no cap at all... take all da monies!"

Quote:Ummm Fowler and Marks want some of that action bro

They can finish him off.

Quote:Who is this Irving you keep referring to?

Hes a G just prefers it silent!

#Gojags

15 mil per year seems excessive but I don't really care

Quote:15 mil per year seems excessive but I don't really care
Well to get the top FA's, the Jags were going to have to overpay.  I agree that $15 million is a bit much but if they front the load the contract, it won't burden them in a few years when they need to sign Bortles, Robinson, etc

Quote:15 mil per year seems excessive but I don't really care
Denver offered him 13 mil per year, so in that perspective it's not really that excessive.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Denver offered him 13 mil per year, so in that perspective it's not really that excessive.

I mentioned that only 2 more mill a year. As well.

#Gojags

Quote:I mentioned that only 2 more mill a year. As well.
I thought Denver offered 5 years and 50 million. 10 million per season.

Quote:Denver offered him 13 mil per year, so in that perspective it's not really that excessive.

Exactly