Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fins now have cap room

Vernon just doesn't excite me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Vernon just doesn't excite me.
Serious question who would excite you? Bruce Irvin? Malik Jackson? Who?

Quote:Serious question who would excite you? Bruce Irvin? Malik Jackson? Who?

As far as pass rushers I would take Mario Williams over Vernon even with the age difference.

Bruce Irvin would excite me.

Malik Jackson intrigues me but for the money he's likely to get?  I'm not sure.  He had a lot of talent around him in Denver.

There is some young guards that would excite me.

Vernon just doesn't.

Quote:As far as pass rushers I would take Mario Williams over Vernon even with the age difference.

Bruce Irvin would excite me.

Malik Jackson intrigues me but for the money he's likely to get?  I'm not sure.  He had a lot of talent around him in Denver.

There is some young guards that would excite me.

Vernon just doesn't.
ok well is there a safety or CB that would excite you? I like Weddle and Jenkins!

Quote:ok well is there a safety or CB that would excite you? I like Weddle and Jenkins!
Not Weddle. 

CB: Smith, Jenkins, Boykins, Robinson

S: Iloka, McLeod, Gipson, Abdul-Quddus

The Jaguars haven't had a young pass rusher with his stats since Brackens. Watching opposing QB's have 10 seconds in the pocket to throw doesn't excite me either.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:The Jags could still structure the deal to the point where Miami couldn't sign Vernon. 
"This contract becomes fully guaranteed if the signee is on the active roster, practice squad or any reserve list for the Miami Dolphins or any successor organizations, regardless of name, uniform or home market, at any point between now and the end of the universe."

Done.

He's a tremendous young pass rusher who's flashed great talent. Imagine a third-down package with Fowler and Vernon on the ends and Davis and Marks/Odrick in the middle. Even Fowler and Irvin on the ends with Vernon and Marks/Odrick in the middle.

Adding Olivier Vernon and getting a healthy Sen'Derrick Marks back instantly turns our pass rush in a 180. If we can get into the quarterback's head with a couple of big hits early in a game, fixing the secondary becomes that much easier. I'd take an early roughing the passer foul if it puts Andrew Luck into the turf so hard that he's hearing footsteps for the rest of the game.

Quote:"This contract becomes fully guaranteed if the signee is on the active roster, practice squad or any reserve list for the Miami Dolphins or any successor organizations, regardless of name, uniform or home market, at any point between now and the end of the universe."

Done.

After the whole Seattle/Minnesota poison pill battle, the NFL eliminated anything like that.

Quote:After the whole Seattle/Minnesota poison pill battle, the NFL eliminated anything like that.
I know, but a man can dream Tongue

Quote:I know, but a man can dream Tongue

Gotcha, I remember when we were going after Mack in 2014 some people were legitimately suggesting contracts like that.

I'd take him but I'd rather go with Irvin and Malik Jackson. But beggars can't be choosers and we can't sign guys who don't want to come here. But imagine a Fowler,Irvin, Malik, Marks, Telvin and Jack front 7 on third downs........let's play!!!
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

The main reason I like fowler and Vernon is they're violent and can injure qbs
"Get Better Everyday"

Are the Dolphins just delaying the inevitable by pushing back and restructuring contracts? Will they be in cap hell soon? Can that even happen anymore like it did to us in the early 2000's?

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald said "don't be surprised" if the Dolphins move on from Vernon if goes over 12.5 mill
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald said "don't be surprised" if the Dolphins move on from Vernon if goes over 12.5 mill
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Are the Dolphins just delaying the inevitable by pushing back and restructuring contracts? Will they be in cap hell soon? Can that even happen anymore like it did to us in the early 2000's?

Yes.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."