Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Can't Win

I can't believe y'all wanna elect Vince McMahon to be president. What a joke lol. And I thought Dubya was an international embarrassment. We'll probably get invaded just from a lack of respect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not going to pretend that I know anything about american politics but does the theory that Trump is running to ensure that Hilary gets the presidency hold any weight? Or is it simply poppy [BLEEP].

Quote:Not going to pretend that I know anything about american politics but does the theory that Trump is running to ensure that Hilary gets the presidency hold any weight? Or is it simply poppy [BAD WORD REMOVED].

No, it is a smear tactic used by pundits to discredit his candidacy. Because Trump sits outside the established political order and has no monetary backing from special interests or donors, the American oligarchs fear that they might get someone for president who they can't control. So the owners of the mainstream media, who are major political donors to the establishment candidates (including Hilary), use their networks to smear and slander Trump. Saying he is a Hilary plant is one of those smear tactics.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2016, 10:07 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Made in China like his baseball caps?

source?

edit: I will do the work for you because you don't actually care about the truth, but other people might and this might have an affect on them.

No, they are not made in China.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-hat-china/

Now he wants Vicente Fox to apologize for a dirty word. That's irony, right there.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Now he wants Vicente Fox to apologize for a dirty word. That's irony, right there.

woosh

Quote:No, it is a smear tactic used by pundits to discredit his candidacy. Because Trump sits outside the established political order and has no monetary backing from special interests or donors, the American oligarchs fear that they might get someone for president who they can't control. So the owners of the mainstream media, who are major political donors to the establishment candidates (including Hilary), use their networks to smear and slander Trump. Saying he is a Hilary plant is one of those smear tactics.

Isn't it mainly the media that's driving Trump though? I think its extremely bizarre that a guy like Trump is this close to being your president. Actually quite frightening too,you guys are wired differently.

Quote:woosh

Yeah, sure.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Isn't it mainly the media that's driving Trump though? I think its extremely bizarre that a guy like Trump is this close to being your president. Actually quite frightening too,you guys are wired differently.

Why do you think Jerry Springer was so popular?

- Bob Marley

Quote:Made in China like his baseball caps?

Or clothing line.

Quote:I can't believe y'all wanna elect Vince McMahon to be president. What a joke lol. And I thought Dubya was an international embarrassment. We'll probably get invaded just from a lack of respect.

Jesse Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota. Not that much of a stretch from there.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 07:51 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:Not going to pretend that I know anything about american politics but does the theory that Trump is running to ensure that Hilary gets the presidency hold any weight? Or is it simply poppy [BAD WORD REMOVED].

I'll tell you the reason this is happening.   Ever since Obama got elected, it has become profitable for people on the right of American politics to sell this idea that government is the enemy, and politicians are tools of government, so they are the enemy, too.  There was a race to the bottom to see who could make the most inflammatory statements about Obama, even about the very idea of government.  The Republican Party establishment stood by silently and allowed this to happen because it served their interests of opposing Obama.   But now, so many of the Republican base have bought into this idea, it's become a monster that has turned on its creators.   Hence, the Republican Party is about to be destroyed by its own creation.    They sat around in their ivory towers fomenting anarchy in the political system, and now they've lost control of their own party as a result. 

At least, that's one plausible theory. 

I watched a Trump rally the other day, and I was appalled by what I heard.   It was pure personality cult, I'm so great, I'm going to protect you from all these threats out there, like Mexicans, and Muslims.   We're going to shut them all out of the country, send them back to where they came from.   And by the way, did I mention how great I am at everything?   And everyone else is an idiot and a loser.  I'm going to take care of everybody.   Everyone in Washington is an idiot.   By the way, I am great. 

Quote:I'll tell you the reason this is happening.   Ever since Obama got elected, it has become profitable for people on the right of American politics to sell this idea that government is the enemy, and politicians are tools of government, so they are the enemy, too.  There was a race to the bottom to see who could make the most inflammatory statements about Obama, even about the very idea of government.  The Republican Party establishment stood by silently and allowed this to happen because it served their interests of opposing Obama.   But now, so many of the Republican base have bought into this idea, it's become a monster that has turned on its creators.   Hence, the Republican Party is about to be destroyed by its own creation.    They sat around in their ivory towers fomenting anarchy in the political system, and now they've lost control of their own party as a result. 

I watched a Trump rally the other day, and I was appalled by what I heard.   It was pure personality cult, I'm so great, I'm going to protect you from all these threats out there, like Mexicans, and Muslims.   We're going to shut them all out of the country, send them back to where they came from.   And by the way, did I mention how great I am at everything?   And everyone else is an idiot and a loser.  I'm going to take care of everybody.   Everyone in Washington is an idiot.   By the way, I am great. 

Good post. 

It saddens me that the state of political discourse in this nation has reduced the electoral process to choosing between a meglomaniac and an egomaniac. These are not unprecedented times from a historical perspective. It's all part of the great American experience. On the one hand I'm horrified. On the other I'm thrilled with anticipation.

Quote:I'll tell you the reason this is happening.   Ever since Obama got elected, it has become profitable for people on the right of American politics to sell this idea that government is the enemy, and politicians are tools of government, so they are the enemy, too.  There was a race to the bottom to see who could make the most inflammatory statements about Obama, even about the very idea of government.  The Republican Party establishment stood by silently and allowed this to happen because it served their interests of opposing Obama.   But now, so many of the Republican base have bought into this idea, it's become a monster that has turned on its creators.   Hence, the Republican Party is about to be destroyed by its own creation.    They sat around in their ivory towers fomenting anarchy in the political system, and now they've lost control of their own party as a result. 

You nailed it.   Great post.  

I'm just amazed that people cannot see how conned they are.  Then again......

Trump is like what, 70?  And NOW he coming to save us from a monster they create and he perpetuates.  

Quote:I'll tell you the reason this is happening.   Ever since Obama got elected, it has become profitable for people on the right of American politics to sell this idea that government is the enemy, and politicians are tools of government, so they are the enemy, too.

You have that backwards. Politicians by nature want to rule us, who they view as lesser humans. Government is the tool weapon of the politicians. More government equals a more powerful weapon to subjugate the masses. And this was recognized a long time before Obama became president. He has taken the imperial presidency to a new level, but that was just the next step in a process that has been increasing over many administrations.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96iyHBhIe0
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 03:41 PM by Ringo.)

This is why there some who like the guy..he calls it like it is...One can make up their own mind on the type of person that supports him to represent this country

Some tweets...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/....html?_r=1

New Jersey
STATE

<div>“deeply troubled”

Lol...until now I bet....since Ralph Kramden has endorsed him
</div>
Blakes Life Matters

"Trump’s supporters aren’t looking for a political process to address their needs. They are looking for a superhero. As the political scientist Matthew MacWilliams found, the one trait that best predicts whether you’re a Trump supporter is how high you score on tests that measure authoritarianism."

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016, 10:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:You have that backwards. Politicians by nature want to rule us, who they view as lesser humans. Government is the tool weapon of the politicians. More government equals a more powerful weapon to subjugate the masses. And this was recognized a long time before Obama became president. He has taken the imperial presidency to a new level, but that was just the next step in a process that has been increasing over many administrations.

To govern the country, you have two choices: a political system, or a dictatorship.   Political systems have to have politicians.   The Constitution specifies a political system.   Not a dictatorship.   So, you can hate politicians as much as you want, but just realize, the alternative is so much worse.

But we're not going to have a dictatorship.   If Trump gets elected, he will go to Washington and he'll have to participate in a political system with Constitutional checks and balances.   He'll have to deal with politicians.   He'll have to be a politician.   And that means he'll be spending a lot of time explaining to his supporters why he can't do so many of the things he's promised.  

A President doesn't have the power to impose tariffs without the approval of Congress.   A President can't build a wall on the Mexican border without an appropriation from Congress.   A President can't force Apple to build Iphones in the United States.   A President can't impose taxes, and a President can't cut taxes.   The fact is, Trump cannot do most of the things he's promising.   Unless he works within the political system and becomes a politician.   He has to operate under the United States Constitution.  

Anyway, back to what you said about politicians.   The United States Constitution specifies that we will have politicians running this country.   So unless you want to do away with the Constitution, and impose a dictatorship, you're stuck with politicians.