Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags linked to Vernon and Jackson

Quote:DE Malik Jackson - DT Jared Odrick - DT Sen'Derrick Marks - DE Emmanuel Ogbah (round 2)

OLB Dante Fowler ** - MLB Paul Posluszny - OLB Telvin Smith (or will Fowler be listed as RDE?)

CB - Aaron Colvin - SS Jonathan Cyprien - FS Jalen Ramsey (round 1) - CB Sean Smith

OT Joeckel - OG Cann - OC Mack - OG Linder - OT Parnell

TE Thomas - WR Robinson - WR Hurns - WR Lee - RB Yeldon - QB Bortles

K - Aguayo (round 3-4)

P- Anger
Bahahahahaha Gene Smith? Is that you? Kicker in the 3rd?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 09:13 PM by BklynJag.)

@milehighreport Report: Jacksonville #Jaguars covet defensive end Malik Jackson per @MikeKlis #Broncos <a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/bp1gKlR218'>https://t.co/bp1gKlR218</a>

I'm not so sure i want this

Yea, I'm not so sure I want a probowler DT who excels at rushing the passer and just won a superbowl. Jesus bklyn, this team can do no right in your crooked eyes.

Quote:Yea, I'm not so sure I want a probowler DT who excels at rushing the passer and just won a superbowl. Jesus bklyn, this team can do no right in your crooked eyes.

Haha exactly

Quote:@milehighreport Report: Jacksonville #Jaguars covet defensive end Malik Jackson per @MikeKlis #Broncos <a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/bp1gKlR218'>https://t.co/bp1gKlR218</a>

I'm not so sure i want this

Instantly becomes the best player on the D line. 3 billion dollars of cap space. Not sure you want this?????
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Yea, I'm not so sure I want a probowler DT who excels at rushing the passer and just won a superbowl. Jesus bklyn, this team can do no right in your crooked eyes.

One good season playing with arguably the best DE tandem in the game. That would raise any DT play. He would cost a ton with much bigger needs is all im saying.

<raises hand>

<waives violently>

I want to raise my DT play and my paycheck!  Hire me, Broncos, pls!

Any scrub like me can play with you guys... and you won't break the bank, either!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016, 12:30 AM by wg171.)

If the Jags sign Jackson who does he replace??

Odrick, Miller or Marks?? Guessing he is too heavy to play Leo in this system

I'd rather have Trevathan and Vernon

Quote:I certainly get it, but when you watch Denver play Malik Jackson stands out. Part of the reason why Von and Demarcus are so successful is due to the interior push Jackson and Derek Wolfe get in the passing game, there's no place to "step up" into the pocket, if we were to pair Malik Jackson with a healthy Sen Marks that would be a lethal combination as both guys are effective against the run, and are disruptive in obvious pass situations.

I watched him in the playoffs and was impressed by him,going to watch a few more of their games.

Shouldn't really be worrying about the cap but I just wonder would Odrick be as effective in the Broncos scheme with all those pieces around him? I think so.

Plus as someone said its a crazy deep draft for interior lineman.

A DL rotation that includes Malik, Odrick, Marks, Miller, and Abry is very very scary...especially when you line up Malik, Odrick, and Marks on 3rd and long situations. 

I really really like Malik Jackson, he is a great player and I won't complain if we get him. Just saying there are other priorities I hope we manage to address thorugh FA before him.

It made me laugh to read on the Broncos board that with our FA policy we'll be in cap hell before we realize it, lol.

Malik Jackson is 26 years old.   That's ideal.   I hope we land him.   Nothing can wreck an offense as much as a great defensive line.  Imagine if we had a strong 8-man rotation and could come at people in waves.   Besides, injuries happen.   Look at last year.  

When was Malik Jackson a Pro Bowler?

Quote:If the Jags sign Jackson who does he replace??

Odrick, Miller or Marks?? Guessing he is too heavy to play Leo in this system

I'd rather have Trevathan and Vernon

I would assume he would start at the 3T over Marks, which would keep Marks fresh for 3rd down.

Our defense was god awful and some are wary of signing a young, very good defensive lineman?  :mellow:

Quote:Our defense was god awful and some are wary of signing a young, very good defensive lineman?  :mellow:
Agree.

And what's the guarantee that Marks comes back the same player? Jackson is a young ascending player at a position where we have little depth. We saw what happened when Marks was out... Jackson is an upgrade to Marks. If Marks and Jackson are both healthy with Fowler, our 3rd down will be much improved.

Quote:Agree.

And what's the guarantee that Marks comes back the same player? Jackson is a young ascending player at a position where we have little depth. We saw what happened when Marks was out... Jackson is an upgrade to Marks. If Marks and Jackson are both healthy with Fowler, our 3rd down will be much improved.
Yep. A lot of peeps on here fail to realize you can effectively rush the passer from the middle also. You want players there in the mold of Jackson/Marks. They're good. 

Jackson would be my number 1 target. He is still an ascending player and would instantly make the defensive line much stronger. A defensive tackle rotation of Jackson, Marks, Miller and Jones would enable each player to remain fresh and increase the pressure on the other team's quarterback. Add in Fowler, 1st round pick Myles Jack and the best available pass rusher in round 2 (maybe Ogbah, Dodd or Kaufusi) and the front 7 will be very strong. I assume they will also sign at least one free agent in the secondary (Gipson would be my choice) and the defense will then be very solid. Combine that with the potentially explosive offense and you can see why national experts like Mayock feel strongly that the Jaguars are one of the teams on the rise.

Quote:Jackson would be my number 1 target. He is still an ascending player and would instantly make the defensive line much stronger. A defensive tackle rotation of Jackson, Marks, Miller and Jones would enable each player to remain fresh and increase the pressure on the other team's quarterback. Add in Fowler, 1st round pick Myles Jack and the best available pass rusher in round 2 (maybe Ogbah, Dodd or Kaufusi) and the front 7 will be very strong. I assume they will also sign at least one free agent in the secondary (Gipson would be my choice) and the defense will then be very solid. Combine that with the potentially explosive offense and you can see why national experts like Mayock feel strongly that the Jaguars are one of the teams on the rise.

This

Quote:Jackson would be my number 1 target. He is still an ascending player and would instantly make the defensive line much stronger. A defensive tackle rotation of Jackson, Marks, Miller and Jones would enable each player to remain fresh and increase the pressure on the other team's quarterback. Add in Fowler, 1st round pick Myles Jack and the best available pass rusher in round 2 (maybe Ogbah, Dodd or Kaufusi) and the front 7 will be very strong. I assume they will also sign at least one free agent in the secondary (Gipson would be my choice) and the defense will then be very solid. Combine that with the potentially explosive offense and you can see why national experts like Mayock feel strongly that the Jaguars are one of the teams on the rise.

We also have to remember, Marks is 29 and Miller will be 29 when training camp starts.  

Older article from PFF, but is a good breakdown of where Malik Jackson did his most damage. Also notes that Denver used him quiet a bit in sub-packages (especially when 6 or more DBs were on the field) and on 3rd downs. This definitely would fit into the narrative that the staff was pleased with our D on 1st and 2nd down but desperately need to find players to help on 3rd downs. I am assuming Jackson would start at the 3T here and then move to the 5T on 3rd, which would allow Marks to come on and play the 3T.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...k-jackson/