Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags linked to Vernon and Jackson

Quote:Malik Jackson would be a great signing. Hopefully Julius Thomas is on the recruiting trail...

... Gosh i hope the irony here doesnt come to fruition

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A DL rotation that includes Malik, Odrick, Marks, Miller, and Abry is very very scary...especially when you line up Malik, Odrick, and Marks on 3rd and long situations. 

You mean Alualu Abry

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:... Gosh i hope the irony here doesnt come to fruition
According to the discussion, it probably will. But see, it will be for similar reasons (ARob, Hurns, Yeldon, Greene, Walters, Lee). It will be because Ogbah or Spence or Bosa or Nkimiche or kid from Alabama, cant think of his name right now, starts with a J I think... And if we go with Jack, Fowler more or less kicks down a high percentage of snaps. Then we got Marks Da Beast. Miller. Hopefully sign someone like Haloti.  So if there is irony, excluding the injuries, I believe it would be because of great depth of added talent on defense. On the front line and in the front 7. Therefore, perhaps overshadowing, sum'n like how Julius got overshadowed. If it works out for the D like it worked for the offense, maybe it's a good irony.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

With rumors running rampet of Irvin to the Jags, will Dave try to sign Vernon or Jackson or both? Signing all three would be insane and very expensive. Thoughts?
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:With rumors running rampet of Irvin to the Jags, will Dave try to sign Vernon or Jackson or both? Signing all three would be insane and very expensive. Thoughts?
Do it. We have the money. All 3 are young ascending players. 

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 10:03 AM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Do it. We have the money. All 3 are young ascending players. 
Lots and lots of other teams have the money also, unfortunately...and rumors are that some of those teams might like young ascending players too. 

Quote:Lots and lots of other teams have the money too, unfortunately...and rumors are that some of those teams might like young ascending players too. 
I agree but he asked if we should. And we should go after all 3.

I asked if Dave would try to sign both.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Give me Vernon at 15 mil a year, but not Jackson at 15 mil a year. This would never happen, but why would you not do a 5 year 75 million deal with 30 mil guaranteed in the first year (since we will have that cap for this year). That would leave 4 years for 45 mil, with plenty of room in those years for re-upping Bortles/Robinson/Telvin/etc.. Anyways its a fantasy land/Madden idea, but is there a reason NFL rules why this can't be done? 

Quote:Give me Vernon at 15 mil a year, but not Jackson at 15 mil a year. This would never happen, but why would you not do a 5 year 75 million deal with 30 mil guaranteed in the first year (since we will have that cap for this year). That would leave 4 years for 45 mil, with plenty of room in those years for re-upping Bortles/Robinson/Telvin/etc.. Anyways its a fantasy land/Madden idea, but is there a reason NFL rules why this can't be done?

$30 million guaranteed the first year? $20 would more than do it, and even that is way overpaying. $30 million? Smh

Quote:$30 million guaranteed the first year? $20 would more than do it, and even that is way overpaying. $30 million? Smh
No you aren't understanding my concept of what I am saying. No player would ever be worth 30 million in the first year. I am saying, you HAVE the cap and you aren't going to use it THIS year. So hypothetically you throw him 30 million the first year therefore in the ensuing years that money is off the books and he costs a measily 10 mil a year after that. Obviously 20 million in the first year would do it, but I am saying you throw an absurd amount in the first year so that way you save cap room in later years to resign your own players.