Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the best safety in the draft?

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 06:42 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Who do you think is the best safety prospect in the draft? If we want a corner in the first I think Hargreaves should be the pick. If we draft Ramsey I think he would play FS for this team. Ramsey is a great athlete but I dont even think he is the best safety. I think its Joseph who we could possibly get in the 2nd. Who do you think is the best safety in the draft?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you pick other who do you think the best safety in the draft is?

Among those I've seen, Karl Joseph. I really really like this guy and I hope he slips to second round but I doubt it. I'd love to pair him up with Weddle.

Vonn Bell and Darian Thompson seem good as well, especially for later rounds eventually. I've yet to see more of Cash and Kearse.

Ramsey is a great athlete but given he hasn't played the position much (as far as I know) I would rather us go in a different direction (Jack or eventually if they have no concerns with his character,Spence) with the first pick and draft a safety in the second, especially if we manage to sign Weddle in FA.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2016, 06:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Among those I've seen, Karl Joseph. I really really like this guy and I hope he slips to second round but I doubt it. I'd love to pair him up with Weddle.

Vonn Bell and Darian Thompson seem good as well, especially for later rounds eventually. I've yet to see more of Cash and Kearse.

Ramsey is a great athlete but given he hasn't played the position much (as far as I know) I would rather us go in a different direction (Jack or eventually if they have no concerns with his character,Spence) with the first pick and draft a safety in the second, especially if we manage to sign Weddle in FA.
I agree, the Weddle and Joseph safety combo sounds nice. Jack, Hargreaves or Bosa for me in the first and im a happy man

IMO Karl Joseph is the best FS entering the draft while Ramsey, if drafted as a FS, may have the higher ceiling. I think Karl might have to sit out at the combine, and if so, then there's a real chance he's available in the 2nd round. I think we'd be putting all our eggs in a basket though if we went away from Ramsey as a FS thinking Karl will be there later.

BTW...I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense. I've been working 12+hrs a day for a couple weeks straight so I'm not feeling "all there".
"Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." -John Wayne

If Joesph didn't get injured he's the best safety in the draft. Only knock on him is height. Will it hold up? I compare him to Earl Thomas but more of a playmaker. He can hit hard. Injury concerns will be an issue dropping him in the draft. He's a 3rd-4th rounder.

Karl Joseph. Perfect fit for our team.
Shock the world

I had a poll up, oh well

I think that if we want a genuine free safety then we draft someone other than Ramsey.

While he looks like a great player and one who could line up in a number of positions for us, I wonder if some of the other prospects are more your traditional free safety.

But, maybe we don't want the traditional ball hawk. Maybe Gus and the NFL have moved on and a creative coach can get more out of a versatile athlete like Ramsey?

I do think Joseph will be there for the Jaguars in round 2. If they are very high on him, that should be the guy they target. That would enable them to avoid pursuing Weddle and Gipson. Both have strong negatives as Weddle only has a few good years left and Gipson played poorly last year. They can then go strong after one of the cornerbacks (Jenkins, Johnson and Smith), Vernon (if available) and Jackson, The defense would look like this:

Defensive Line: Vernon, Marks, Jackson, Fowler, Odrick, Alualu, Miller, Jones

L.B.: Jack (1st round), Smith and Poz as starters

Safety: Joseph and either Sample/Cyprien as starters

C.B.: House, Jenkins, Colvin (nickel), as starters.

Not a bad defense. Much more speed and depth. On offense, only need to upgrade the offense line. I d expect them to go after Mack, despite his age.

I have a lot of respect for analyst Mike Mayock, especially for the secondary positions, where he played in the NFL (NYG).  He has Ramsey as the number 1 CB and Joseph as the number 1 safety.  If you label Ramsey as a FS, my guess is he would be forecast as a better one.    

Quote:If Joesph didn't get injured he's the best safety in the draft. Only knock on him is height. Will it hold up? I compare him to Earl Thomas but more of a playmaker. He can hit hard. Injury concerns will be an issue dropping him in the draft. He's a 3rd-4th rounder.
More of a playmaker than Earl Thomas?!

Ramsey

Quote:If Joesph didn't get injured he's the best safety in the draft. Only knock on him is height. Will it hold up? I compare him to Earl Thomas but more of a playmaker. He can hit hard. Injury concerns will be an issue dropping him in the draft. He's a 3rd-4th rounder.

He had a mild knee injury... You really don't know what you're talking about

Quote:Ramsey

He's not even the 3rd best safety.. His skills at safety are overrated

Quote:He's not even the 3rd best safety.. His skills at safety are overrated
Weren't you the same guy who said that Yeldon was terrible and then disappeared like a fart in the wind when he didn't play like you expected?

Quote:He's not even the 3rd best safety.. His skills at safety are overrated

Nahhh

Quote:Weren't you the same guy who said that Yeldon was terrible and then disappeared like a [BAD WORD REMOVED] in the wind when he didn't play like you expected?
Lol

Quote:He had a mild knee injury... You really don't know what you're talking about

What's important though is that he states it with conviction. Even if he has no idea what he's talking about.

Like what I see in Joseph but it's tough to really gauge his cover skills from YouTube videos, be nice to have access to the all 22 film.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]