Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cards vs Pats for 3rd place?

If they did play who would take it? 

For 10 years in the 60s they played a 3rd place game called the Bert Bell Benefit Bowl.  Would be cool if they brought it back if the winner got something out of it.  Maybe an extra draft pick for the winner?  I seen this on another site and never knew about this.  I guess it was just a little before my time lol.  Cards and Pats would be a good game though and for an extra mid round pick and bonus they would have something to play for. 

Here are they games they played those 10 years for 3rd place in the 60s

[Image: screen_shot_2014-01-30_at_3.19.52_pm.png]

If coming in second place just makes you the first loser, what can be said about a team that finishes in third? Well, for ten seasons (1960-69) of NFL football, they’d call you the winner of the Playoff Bowl.

Officially named the Bert Bell Benefit Bowl after a league commissioner who suffered a fatal heart attack in 1959, it was played the week after the NFL Championship game (except for the 1969 game, which took place the day before) at the Orange Bowl in Miami. The participants were the second-place teams of the NFL’s Eastern and Western conferences.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/54808/nfl...owl-losers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The pats would wax because Carson Palmer would fold up like a cheap tent and Bom Trady wouldn't.

That would be pretty cool just for a bit more football. I still wish the Pro Bowl would have a real meaning and be more entertaining...so since that doesnt happen this could always replace it lol. As for who would win? Thats pretty hard actually, compared to the other two title games we had even. I'd go with the Cards just because everyone else would be on Brady.

I bet they change the pro bowl after this year. No one cares anymore. The fans and especially the players know the game doesn't mean anything. The NFL is either gonna fo something to make it interesting or get rid of all together imo. Unless they're making insane money off the game as it is, which I'm sure is possible.

I'd love to see a reporter ask BB what he thinks of that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Pro Bowl itself needs to go back to the AFC vs NFC format with some sort of small competitive incentive for next year, and the Skills Challenges need to be brought back.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:The Pro Bowl itself needs to go back to the AFC vs NFC format with some sort of small competitive incentive for next year, and the Skills Challenges need to be brought back.

I can't really think of a worthwhile incentive in that respect. The only thing I could think of is making the money given to the players for playing an all-or-nothing scenario. Right now, it's $58k for the winners and $29k for the losers. Make it $100k for the winners and just the free trip for the losers. Not sure that changes it all that much, but the difference between $100,000 and $0 may be enough to sway some players.

Quote:If coming in second place just makes you the first loser, what can be said about a team that finishes in third?
It could likely be said that they're the team that actually bothered to show up for the game.

No, seriously, at least one of the teams simply wouldn't make the trip. That's how pointless this game would be. Right on par with the Pro Bowl.