Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

Jim Schwartz officially announced as defensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was thinking of all those idiots who assumed Gus Bradley will be fired after Shad Khan said he is safe.
...but that has nothing to do with being a lame duck. Seriously, Google. A "lame duck" coach is one who is in the final year of his contract and hasn't had his contract extended. The hope that a coach will be fired has nothing to do with it. Unless and until Gus gets an extension, his picture might as well be listed on Wikipedia's page for "lame duck", and it is entirely possible that Schwartz didn't want to be associated with a coaching staff that's liable to be terminated en masse when Gus' contract expires at the end of the 2016 season.

Quote:What about Jason Garrett in Dallas, underneath Wade Phillips? His contract was written like that of a head coach, but I don't recall if he was actually paid head coach money from the start.

Good recall.   Both were paid in the $ 3 million per season range starting with the 2008 season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3200822

For some reason,  Dallas was coming to mind for me as the most likely possibility to the question that was asked.   But the Dave Campo HC era was jumping out more so on this end.  

Quote:...but that has nothing to do with being a lame duck. Seriously, Google. A "lame duck" coach is one who is in the final year of his contract and hasn't had his contract extended. The hope that a coach will be fired has nothing to do with it. Unless and until Gus gets an extension, his picture might as well be listed on Wikipedia's page for "lame duck", and it is entirely possible that Schwartz didn't want to be associated with a coaching staff that's liable to be terminated en masse when Gus' contract expires at the end of the 2016 season.

Gus Bradley can only hope that his outcome turns out as well in the end of the 2016 season as Chuck Pagano's outcome did at the end of the 2015 season.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 05:57 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:    Gus Bradley can only hope that his outcome turns out as well in the end of the 2016 season as Chuck Pagano's outcome did at the end of the 2015 season.
Pagano only managed that outcome because Grigson spiked Irsay's coke with GHB, leaving Irsay highly suggestible.

Quote:Life of a Jags fan

Again, no one's answered the question - what's the big loss?

Aside from the obvious schwartz jokes...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 07:50 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:Again, no one's answered the question - what's the big loss?

We lose someone who we know can run a successful defense.

Quote:We lose someone who we know can run a successful defense.

We do?  His resume on defense is questionable.  Answer the question if you can.

Quote:Again, no one's answered the question - what's the big loss?

I answered your question 1 page ago...

Last two stops as a DC

2008 Titans

Team D: 2nd

Passing D: 9th

Turnovers:3rd

Rushing D: 6th

Sacks: 5th

Scoring: 18th

5core%: 3rd

2014 Bills

Team D: 4th

Passing D: 3rd

Turnovers: 3rd

Rushing D: 11th

Sacks: 1st

Scoring: 15th

5core%: 5th

Quote:I answered your question 1 page ago...

Last two stops as a DC

2008 Titans

Team D: 2nd

Passing D: 9th

Turnovers:3rd

Rushing D: 6th

Sacks: 5th

Scoring: 18th

5core%: 3rd

2014 Bills

Team D: 4th

Passing D: 3rd

Turnovers: 3rd

Rushing D: 11th

Sacks: 1st

Scoring: 15th

5core%: 5th

Two years.  Neither sustainable.  Not saying he's "bad," I just see a hype that doesn't match the performance.

Quote:Two years. Neither sustainable. Not saying he's "bad," I just see a hype that doesn't match the performance.

Oh please. Who would you rather hire?

Quote:Pagano only managed that outcome because Grigson spiked Irsay's coke with GHB, leaving Irsay highly suggestible.

So he got an additional dose to the one he put in there himself before extending Grigson?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Oh please. Who would you rather hire?

Can't answer the question, I see.  Keep up, the topic is Schwartz.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/initial-look-...-schwartz/

<p style="font-family:'Droid Serif', Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:16px;">"Let's look at his defensive resume as a defensive coordinator and head coach:"

Check the chart in the link.

Some good, some not so good.

Certainly no "can't miss."

Just trying to keep it objective, even if some can't.

Quote:So he got an additional dose to the one he put in there himself before extending Grigson?
More like he scored a two-fer.