Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

Quote:Philly

The Eagles also appear to have interest in Steve Spagnuolo for their DC opening.   If Spags joins the Eagles,  then the Giants will have a DC opening:

<div>
<div>

Report: Eagles want to hire Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator

</div>
</div>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ordinator/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Horrible head coach, phenomenal defensive mind. Give him money and hire him Dave. Please.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:The Eagles also appear to have interest in Steve Spagnuolo for their DC opening.  If Spags joins the Eagles, then the Giants will have a DC opening:

<div>
<div>
<div>Report: Eagles want to hire Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator
</div>
</div>
</div>

I think there is a rule that assistant coaches are only allowed to make a lateral move if they get fired. That would rule out Spags, who the Giants said they will retain.

Quote:Horrible head coach, phenomenal defensive mind. Give him money and hire him Dave. Please.

Gus Bradley hires assistants. Dave Caldwell's job is to bring in players.

Quote:I think there is a rule that assistant coaches are only allowed to make a lateral move if they get fired. That would rule out Spags, who the Giants said they will retain.

It's possible the Giants will let Spags out of his contract.   So much could depend on what they consider their other options at the DC position.

Quote:Think Hortons resigning with the Titans. Where else has a DC opening or are we the only ones?

Quote:Report: Horton to become Browns D-Coordinator

Ray Horton | CLE

(January 17, 2016 4:27 PM EST)

The Nashville Tennessean reports Ray Horton will become the Browns' defensive coordinator.

Horton reportedly felt "insulted" by the Titans during his Saturday "head-coaching interview," after club management acted like they didn't even know Horton wanted to be a head coach in the meeting. Horton will return to Cleveland after coordinating the Browns' defense in 2013 as part of the underrated-but-shortlived Rob Chudzinski-Joe Banner-Mike Lombardi era. Along with mentor Dick LeBeau, Horton did well with the Titans' 2015 defense before injuries tore its pass defense to shreds down the stretch.

SOURCE: NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:It's possible the Giants will let Spags out of his contract. So much could depend on what they consider their other options at the DC position.

So far there have been no indications the Giants are considering other options even though they obviously should. If I was John Mara I would tell Ben McAdoo to find his own DC. It just seems to be unlikely at this point.

So the Browns filled their DC job. What about the 49ers?

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JackCity" data-cid="679690" data-time="1453092840">
Think Hortons resigning with the Titans. Where else has a DC opening or are we the only ones?
Quote:Report: Horton to become Browns D-Coordinator

Ray Horton | CLE

(January 17, 2016 4:27 PM EST)

The Nashville Tennessean reports Ray Horton will become the Browns' defensive coordinator.

Horton reportedly felt "insulted" by the Titans during his Saturday "head-coaching interview," after club management acted like they didn't even know Horton wanted to be a head coach in the meeting. Horton will return to Cleveland after coordinating the Browns' defense in 2013 as part of the underrated-but-shortlived Rob Chudzinski-Joe Banner-Mike Lombardi era. Along with mentor [BAD WORD REMOVED] LeBeau, Horton did well with the Titans' 2015 defense before injuries tore its pass defense to shreds down the stretch.

SOURCE: NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN
</blockquote>

I stand corrected.

Quote:Add some banana and hot fudge to the Sundae by any means necessary
Easy there tiger

Quote:So far there have been no indications the Giants are considering other options even though they obviously should. If I was John Mara I would tell Ben McAdoo to find his own DC. It just seems to be unlikely at this point.

Being that Ben McAdoo recently had multiple interviews with the Giants and was hired as HC,   I think there's a good chance that McAdoo and John Mara are on the same page regarding their DC situation.

Quote:I stand corrected.

There's conflicting reports coming out of Nashville:

Ray Horton says he’s not insulted and hasn’t been released from his contract

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-contract/

Quote:Being that Ben McAdoo recently had multiple interviews with the Giants and was hired as HC, I think there's a good chance that McAdoo and John Mara are on the same page regarding their DC situation.

I think so too. It just seems like their agreement was to retain Spagnuolo.

Quote:I think so too. It just seems like their agreement was to retain Spagnuolo.

That's probably the case.   Yet,  if Spags prefers to go to the Eagles and the Giants believe that it won't hurt them from a competitive standpoint,  they might let him out of his contract.   

One key question that relates to the Jaguars situation is if the Giants are willing to move on from Spags,  who do they have in mind to be their next DC if everything goes according to plan?

Quote:There's conflicting reports coming out of Nashville:

Ray Horton says he’s not insulted and hasn’t been released from his contract.

The last paragraph is a giveaway that the newspaper reporter made up a bunch of crap. Why do periodicals allow completely fabricated stories like that one?

Quote: There's conflicting reports coming out of Nashville:

Ray Horton says he’s not insulted and hasn’t been released from his contract

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/17/ray-horton-says-hes-not-insulted-and-hasnt-been-released-from-his-contract/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/17/ray-horton-says-hes-not-insulted-and-hasnt-been-released-from-his-contract/</a>

I seen a report saying he was resigning but then a few others are saying he's asked to be released from his contract but it just hasn't been made official yet. Not really sure what's happening.

Quote:That's probably the case. Yet,  if Spags prefers to go to the Eagles and the Giants believe that it won't hurt them from a competitive standpoint, they might let him out of his contract.   

One key question that relates to the Jaguars situation is if the Giants are willing to move on from Spags, who do they have in mind to be their next DC if everything goes according to plan?

I doubt Gus Bradley has done any homework on Spags because the Giants expressed interest in retaining him. But if they are willing to let him out of his contract, that could change soon.

Quote:I seen a report saying he was resigning but then a few others are saying he's asked to be released from his contract but it just hasn't been made official yet. Not really sure what's happening.

OK I have to ask, what exactly does it mean to be released from his contract? I never saw that phrase until this year. People used to only say a coach was fired or resigned.

Quote:The last paragraph is a giveaway that the newspaper reporter made up a bunch of crap. Why do periodicals allow completely fabricated stories like that one?

The reporter might be 100 % accurate,  with Ray Horton later on issuing a contrasting statement in order to do damage control.  

Quote:I seen a report saying he was resigning but then a few others are saying he's asked to be released from his contract but it just hasn't been made official yet. Not really sure what's happening.

My gut feeling is Ray Horton is going to end up in Cleveland,  though nothing would surprise me in terms of how this turns out.