Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

Quote:The reporter might be 100% accurate, with Ray Horton later on issuing a contrasting statement in order to do damage control.  

I doubt the reporter would know any of that if Ray Horton wanted to keep it secret.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I doubt Gus Bradley has done any homework on Spags because the Giants expressed interest in retaining him. But if they are willing to let him out of his contract, that could change soon.

I didn't even think of the possibility of Spags becoming the Jags DC.    Unless something changes substantially,   I think Spags will remain the Giants DC or become the Eagles DC.  Spags has a history with both organization.  

Quote:I doubt the reporter would know any of that if Ray Horton wanted to keep it secret.

I would be surprised in this case if the reporter did anything wrong.  

Quote:My gut feeling is Ray Horton is going to end up in Cleveland, though nothing would surprise me in terms of how this turns out.  

First of all, did Ray Horton interview for the Browns DC job? I have seen no reports about that.

Second, have the Titans interviewed anyone else for their DC job?

Quote:I would be surprised in this case if the reporter did anything wrong.  

If the reporter did nothing wrong, you can call Ray Horton a liar for denying all of those accusations.

Quote:First of all, did Ray Horton interview for the Browns DC job? I have seen no reports about that.

Second, have the Titans interviewed anyone else for their DC job?

I haven't seen any reports regarding either question you asked.  

Being that Tennessee made their HC position decision official Saturday,   it's possible they interviewed one or two DC candidates on Sunday.  

Quote:If the reporter did nothing wrong, you can call Ray Horton a liar for denying all of those accusations.

I don't think that the reporter got his story from Ray Horton.   I believe Horton got his story from John Wooten.  

Quote:I haven't seen any reports regarding either question you asked.  

Being that Tennessee made their HC position decision official Saturday,   it's possible they interviewed one or two DC candidates on Sunday.  

Usually assistant coaches are hired and fired by the head coach. I don't think Jon Robinson would interview someone for the DC job before choosing the HC.

Quote:Usually assistant coaches are hired and fired by the head coach. I don't think Jon Robinson would interview someone for the DC job before choosing the HC.

Jon Robinson just became the Tennessee G.M. late Thursday or early Friday and had multiple HC interviews on Friday before the decision was made on Saturday to promote Mike Murlakey from Interim HC to Head Coach.  Hence,   it's safe to assume that he didn't interview any DC candidates before choosing the HC. 

Back to the Jaguars, does Jim Shwartz seem to be a guy who can turn around a young defense that needs better players?

Yes and we will get better players this offseason. Should be intriguing for Schwartz.

I'm suprised Gus interviewed Schwartz. He's a pretty good defensive mind.

If we hire him, go out and get him some talent
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I think he lives in Tennessee.
[Image: 3345983-oh-my-yes.jpg]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Hum are we allowed to have nice things?  Hope this follows through for us.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This from a year ago.....imagine what our defense would look like!  Ninja  :devil:  :devil:  Ninja

Com' on Gus.....wrap this up.

<p style="background-color:transparent;">from Profootballtalk - source adam kaplan on twitter Jan. 12,2015

<p style="background-color:transparent;"> 

<p style="background-color:transparent;">"Bills DC Jim Schwartz won't return to the team in 2015 after Buffalo hired coach Rex Ryan.

The Bills wanted to keep Schwartz, but the "philosophical differences" were too great to overcome. Meshing Schwartz's affinity for the Wide-9 and 4-3 schemes with Ryan's 3-4 simply wasn't a fit. Schwartz will have no shortage of suitors after he guided the Bills to an NFL-high 54 sacks this past season. Ryan will run the defense in Buffalo and bring DC Dennis Thurman with him from the Jets."

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Schwartz is pretty much best case scenario. I dont know the last time I thought a hire like that was even possible for the jaguars.

Quote: 

This from a year ago.....imagine what our defense would look like!  Ninja  :devil:  :devil:  Ninja

Com' on Gus.....wrap this up.

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">from Profootballtalk - source adam kaplan on twitter Jan. 12,2015

<p style="background-color:transparent;"> 

<p style="background-color:transparent;">"Bills DC Jim Schwartz won't return to the team in 2015 after Buffalo hired coach Rex Ryan.

The Bills wanted to keep Schwartz, but the "philosophical differences" were too great to overcome. Meshing Schwartz's affinity for the Wide-9 and 4-3 schemes with Ryan's 3-4 simply wasn't a fit. Schwartz will have no shortage of suitors after he guided the Bills to an NFL-high 54 sacks this past season. Ryan will run the defense in Buffalo and bring DC Dennis Thurman with him from the Jets."

</div>

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Perfect situation for Schwartz.  Nowhere to go but up.  If he can make the worst defense in the league a top 15 defense he'll be on everyone's HC list this time next year.

Quote:Schwartz is pretty much best case scenario. I dont know the last time I thought a hire like that was even possible for the jaguars.

Gregg Williams?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Great candidate to take over after Gus starts the season in a nosedive for the fourth year in a row.

Quote:Gregg Williams?

You don't touch him with a bounty paper towel roll.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.