Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Richard Sherman vs Skip Bayless on ESPN's First Take in 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI

I was re-watching this interview from 2013 between Sherman and Bayless, and aside from the obvious rudeness and childish trash talk on the part of Sherman, did he really make a valid point about him being better than Revis just because of his stats? Sure, INT's and FF's are important, but the only reason it seems that Revis had lower stats is simply because QB's did not even dare to throw the ball his way. I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on this. Are stats the most important indicator of a player's ability?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Sherman's "personality" transcends his talent.  He's a showman, more than a talent.

He's no Revis.

He's very good, if not borderline great - but not close to being one of the greatest like Revis is/has been (depending on your opinion of his current talent level, which isn't as high as in the past.)

In their prime, I'd take DeAngelo Hall before Sherman.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Sherman is the best revis has fallen off
"Get Better Everyday"

Revis was great before this year. Revis is a future Hall of Famer and Sherman is still working on getting there.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Sherman is the best revis has fallen off

Sherman is not better than:

Patrick Peterson

Vontae Davis

Aquib Talib

Brent Grimes

Marcus Peters

Malcom Butler

Nor even Revis.  Today.  That tells you how much Revis was even better than Sherman in his prime.

Sherman can't be convincingly be argued the best corner in the game.  There are many who are just as good.  Even more young guys poised to be better very soon.

But hey, I guess some are still infatuated with his "interview" with Erin Andrews.  And the Madden cover.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2016, 05:52 PM by JaguarScience95.)

Quote:Sherman is not better than:

Patrick Peterson

Vontae Davis

Aquib Talib

Brent Grimes

Marcus Peters

Malcom Butler

Nor even Revis. Today. That tells you how much Revis was even better than Sherman in his prime.

Sherman can't be convincingly be argued the best corner in the game. There are many who are just as good. Even more young guys poised to be better very soon.

But hey, I guess some are still infatuated with his "interview" with Erin Andrews. And the Madden cover.
He's the best because he's the smartest
"Get Better Everyday"

Marcus Peters had a good rookie season. Let's pump the brakes on saying he's already better than Sherman.

Butler is playing solid but was a non entity until the Super Bowl. Too early.

Vontae has always been overrated to me so I disagree there.

I agree with the rest of that list and would add Chris Harris Jr.

Quote:Marcus Peters had a good rookie season. Let's pump the brakes on saying he's already better than Sherman.

Butler is playing solid but was a non entity until the Super Bowl. Too early.

Vontae has always been overrated to me so I disagree there.

I agree with the rest of that list and would add Chris Harris Jr.

I couldn't agree more concerning Davis, Butler and Peters.

Sherman is good. Really good. If he didn't run his mouth and irratate people more people would be more willing to admit he is.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Patrick Peterson

Vontae Davis

Aquib Talib

Brent Grimes

Marcus Peters

Malcom Butler

Nor even Revis.  Today.  That tells you how much Revis was even better than Sherman in his prime.

Sherman can't be convincingly be argued the best corner in the game.  There are many who are just as good.  Even more young guys poised to be better very soon.

But hey, I guess some are still infatuated with his "interview" with Erin Andrews.  And the Madden cover.
PP-Ya

Davis-No way,hes a good CB but not as good as sherman

Talib- gets to vs #2 Wrs so hes not on the list

Grimes-Didnt he suck this year? Know he made the probowl but i heard he had a real bad year,maybe not.

Peters-No.

Butler----ehhhh thats close,really close

Patrick Peterson

Vontae Davis

Aquib Talib

Brent Grimes

Marcus Peters

Malcom Butler

Nor even Revis. Today. That tells you how much Revis was even better than Sherman in his prime.

Sherman can't be convincingly be argued the best corner in the game. There are many who are just as good. Even more young guys poised to be better very soon.

But hey, I guess some are still infatuated with his "interview" with Erin Andrews. And the Madden cover.

Pick the one most unlike the others..

Grimes had a very bad season. Think he had a passer rating of 104 against him this season? I heard he was injured but still, Sherman is way better than him.

I don't think he's way better than any of those guys.

Again, I think his best overall comparison is DeAngelo Hall.  Good, great at times, but not anything special in the history of the game.

Not sure how you guys can definitively say any man corner is better than Sherman or even vice versa. I feel like man cover and zone cover are two completely different positions within base coverage. Its like comparing 3-4 and 4-3 linebackers.

Sherman is elite at what he does. Even when its man to man situations within in the seahawks zone, Sherman plays at a high level. He plays the ball in the air the best I've seen for a cornerback.

Just trying to see your guys' perspective.

With all that said, Sherman was arrogant in his declaration in that "debate". But I expect nothing less coming from a cornerback. Them and WR are a different breed.

You know the problem with once in a generational players like Revis?  It isn't fair to compare anyone to them.  Revis, Woodson, Prime Time and a few others are in their own class.  Sherman is hard to judge because of the talent around him year in and year out.  Does Sherman elevate everyone or is that someone else on the team?

Interesting conversation.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:You know the problem with once in a generational players like <span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Revis? It isn't fair to compare anyone to them. Revis, Woodson, Prime Time and a few others are in their own class. Sherman is hard to judge because of the talent around him year in and year out. Does Sherman elevate everyone or is that someone else on the team?
</span>

Interesting conversation.

Shermans is a very good corner who fits his scheme perfectly. He definitely wouldn't be as effective outside of Seattle but you can say that about many players in the league.

Quote:You know the problem with once in a generational players like Revis?  It isn't fair to compare anyone to them.  Revis, Woodson, Prime Time and a few others are in their own class.  Sherman is hard to judge because of the talent around him year in and year out.  Does Sherman elevate everyone or is that someone else on the team?

Interesting conversation.
If you ask me, Bennett, Thomas, and Wagner are the real heart and soul of that defense IMO.

Quote:If you ask me, Bennett, Thomas, and Wagner are the real heart and soul of that defense IMO.

I agree - but I'd throw in Kam as well.  They looked a lot different in the games without him this season.

Sherman understands what it takes to get to be a part of these "my dad can beat up your dad" conversations and he acts on it very well. Modern sports fans love them a debate and since there is never an end to them, they can go on in perpetuity. Is Sherman as good as Revis? I don't think it matters one tiny bit but Sherman knows how to keep the conversation going.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!