Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
49ers hire Chip Kelly as HC

Quote:I am talking about outside coaches, not an in-house guy. For example, let's say the Buccaneers want to interview Teryl Austin. He has an interview scheduled with the Titans before one with the Buccaneers. The Titans hire him.

I'll be surprised if Teryl Austin gets the Tennessee HC job.   Though I think highly of Austin as a HC candidate  ( Miami should have hired him ),  the two reasons why I believe Tennessee still plans on interviewing him are:

1.   They interviewed Martin Mayhew for their G.M. opening that was filled by Jon Robinson earlier today.   Mayhew saw up close the work Austin did with the Lions Defense.

2.   They have to comply with the Rooney Rule.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know the Rooney Rule works, but always hated it because it forces teams to interview coaches they have zero interest in. Some of those guys could never be good as head coaches.

Quote:I know the Rooney Rule works, but always hated it because it forces teams to interview coaches they have zero interest in. Some of those guys could never be good as head coaches.

Under the circumstance,  teams can use the Rooney Rule to their advantage.   For instance,  regarding an interview with Teryl Austin,  input about Lions Defensive UFAs could help Tennessee as they attempt to put together their 2016 roster.

I think it will be interesting to see how Kaep does under Chip Kelly....an athletic quarterback that can run and throw.  I'd like to see him get a second chance.

Quote:I know the Rooney Rule works, but always hated it because it forces teams to interview coaches they have zero interest in. Some of those guys could never be good as head coaches.
"Those guys"?

(Stirring the pot)

I know you didn't mean it like that, but I couldn't help myself.

Only thing that stands out to me here is that Kaepernick might become a late round fantasy football steal now.
Shock the world

You're always talking about changing your message board name.  Have you ever considered The <i>Führer?</i>

Quote:Are you forgetting the 49ers can draft a QB regardless of Kaepernick's contract? There is no reason to think they are "stuck" with him as the starter.
I never said Kelly would be stuck with Kaep, but whatever.

Quote:I think it will be interesting to see how Kaep does under Chip Kelly....an athletic quarterback that can run and throw.  I'd like to see him get a second chance.

Or a draft pick. The 49ers must know regardless of what happens to Colin Kaepernick, they need to pick a QB in the 2016 draft.

Quote:I wonder why there have been no updates since Dirk Koetter's interview on the Buccaneers job. What is taking them so long to interview other coaches?

There was some confusion and they ended up interviewing Rand Paul by mistake.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Did they learn nothing from the Harbaugh debacle?

Just awful.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Did they learn nothing from the Harbaugh debacle?

Just awful.

Jim Harbaugh was fine until his last season.

Quote: I'll be surprised if Teryl Austin gets the Tennessee HC job. Though I think highly of Austin as a HC candidate ( Miami should have hired him ), the two reasons why I believe Tennessee still plans on interviewing him are:

1. They interviewed Martin Mayhew for their G.M. opening that was filled by Jon Robinson earlier today. Mayhew saw up close the work Austin did with the Lions Defense.

2. They have to comply with the Rooney Rule.

What are the chances Caldwell gets fired and Austin comes on the market asa DC?

Quote:What are the chances Caldwell gets fired and Austin comes on the market as a DC?

What are the chances Detroit will promote Teryl Austin if they fire Jim Caldwell? LOL

There is always a chance the new Lions HC decides to retain him as a DC.

Chip is going to destroy that team

Quote:Chip is going to destroy that team

You don't think the team is already destroyed? LOL

Quote:Jim Harbaugh was fine until his last season.

He killed the franchise after a tease of a start.

Same as Chip Kelly did in Philadelphia.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Good hire
"Get Better Everyday"

Kaepernick happy, Gabbert sad.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Kaepernick happy, Gabbert sad.

Is Gabbert happy too?