Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Special Owners Meeting for a vote on Los Angeles

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny'>Vincent Bonsignore<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@DailyNewsVinny </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/687077664243355648'>6m6 minutes ago</a>
</span>

Being told the <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash'><span style="color:rgb(117,167,186);">#Chargers</a> are pretty angry at how it's turned out.
</span>

Bet they are. They wanted Carson, right? If I were San Diego, I'd view other options... I wouldn't move out of San Diego to share a stadium with the Rams.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bet they are. They wanted Carson, right? If I were San Diego, I'd view other options... I wouldn't move out of San Diego to share a stadium with the Rams.
Ever been to Jack Murphy Stadium?

I have.

It's bad.

So the Los Angeles Rams will play a home game in London next season.

Didn't think I'd ever say that...

Assuming owners approve it, Inglewood stadium is expected to open in 2019, not 2018 as originally planned. 30 months too tight a timeline.

I wonder who the two owners that opposed it were?

Quote:I wonder who the two owners that opposed it were?

Probably Mark Davis and Dean Spanos, but I would like to know too.

Quote:I wonder who the two owners that opposed it were?

Had to be Mark Davis and Dean Spanos. Mark Davis is obvious. Spanos becomes obvious when you consider the facts that the Chargers have held LA as a secondary market for the past 21 years and now someone else just got first dibs on it. Also, the Chargers were apparently not interested in the Inglewood deal and were pushing Carson. I'm sure the fact that it was slightly closer to San Diego played a part, but also because they knew they'd be playing second fiddle to Kroenke on his stadium project and his team. Chargers got screwed. They're almost going to be forced to play ball with Kroenke. I haven't been able to confirm this, but I heard someone on Sirius NFL radio today say that like 20% of Chargers ticket sales was from people making the trip from LA. If that's true the Chargers will be facing a very steep challenge if they want to now stay in San Diego.

Quote:Had to be Mark Davis and Dean Spanos. Mark Davis is obvious. Spanos becomes obvious when you consider the facts that the Chargers have held LA as a secondary market for the past 21 years and now someone else just got first dibs on it. Also, the Chargers were apparently not interested in the Inglewood deal and were pushing Carson. I'm sure the fact that it was slightly closer to San Diego played a part, but also because they knew they'd be playing second fiddle to Kroenke on his stadium project and his team. Chargers got screwed. They're almost going to be forced to play ball with Kroenke. I haven't been able to confirm this, but I heard someone on Sirius NFL radio today say that like 20% of Chargers ticket sales was from people making the trip from LA. If that's true the Chargers will be facing a very steep challenge if they want to now stay in San Diego.

Dean Spanos has mentioned that 25 % of the Chargers base is from the Los Angeles area.  

http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/04/...relocation

Quote:Dean Spanos has mentioned that 25% of the Chargers base is from the Los Angeles area.

That is crazy. San Diego has over one million residents (not counting surrounding cities) and is two hours south of Los Angeles. Public transportation to Qualcomm Stadium, which is near downtown, includes trolley and bus lines. So why are the Chargers getting a high percentage of fans from Los Angeles at their games? I think SD has everything except the new stadium they want and when the Chargers become a good team again, they will have more fans less than 2-3 hours away

Quote:That is crazy. San Diego has over one million residents (not counting surrounding cities) and is two hours south of Los Angeles. Public transportation to Qualcomm Stadium, which is near downtown, includes trolley and bus lines. So why are the Chargers getting a high percentage of fans from Los Angeles at their games? I think SD has everything except the new stadium they want and when the Chargers become a good team again, they will have more fans less than 2-3 hours away

Three reasons come to mind:

1.  The current stadium the Chargers play in is one of the two worst stadiums in the NFL.

2.   A large number of people living in the San Diego area are from other parts of the country.   That's true for the LA area as well.   However,  the LA area is much larger than the SD area.

3.  A sizable number of people from the LA area wanted to see NFL football in person.   San Diego was their closest option from 1995 to 2014.  

Quote:Three reasons come to mind:

1.  The current stadium the Chargers play in is one of the two worst stadiums in the NFL.

2.   A large number of people living in the San Diego area are from other parts of the country. That's true for the LA area as well. However,  the LA area is much larger than the SD area.

3.  A sizable number of people from the LA area wanted to see NFL football in person. San Diego was their closest option from 1995 to 2014.  

1.  Worst NFL stadiums what standards?

2. You also can say that about San Antonio.

3, Will this vote make fans like two teams?

Something else I have not seen discussed yet is why teams got permission to move in 1994 and 24 years later get permission to move back if there is an unresolved stadium problem. Why didn't the NFL block a Los Angeles team from moving to St Louis in 1994 and solve it then.