Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags cut Roy Miller

Quote:" He's such and underrated Jagwire! He's a solid football player that is very durable! "

Sounds a lot like the David Garrard of the DL.  Only difference was the draft round.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Roy really is one of the good guys. Great work ethic. This guy left it all on the field for this team.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Quote:Skuta is scheduled to make $4.1m this year in base salary, without any dead money on the cap if released.  His salary is not enormous, and plenty of cap remains.  I think they'll bring him into camp and have him compete with the other depth and ST players.  Then, make a decision.  Prior to being put into a starter LB role with the Jags, he was a very good ST player.

Yep, given how the salary cap has gone up, Skuta is, I wouldn't call it a bargain, but he's not expensive. McCray got 3.5 if I am not mistaken.

Miller was the type of player Coughlin loves on his roster, so this release tells me they aren't optimistic about him returning from the Achilles injury to anything close to what he was prior to the injury.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Much like Marks, age and injuries caught up to Roy Miller.  It was time to move on, especially since it can take up to a year to recover from a torn Achilles. 

Abry Jones is now the starter.  Hopefully Bennet can step into a rotational role and provide some pass-rush as well.  

Quote:Miller was the type of player Coughlin loves on his roster, so this release tells me they aren't optimistic about him returning from the Achilles injury to anything close to what he was prior to the injury.

It could easily be one of those situations in which Roy Miller isn't signed by any team until much later on this off-season or well into the summer.  It seems likely that Roy Miller will begin training camp on the PUP list if he's signed by a team.   With an NFL Veteran Minimum contract by far the most likely scenario.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jack...t-arrested
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Damn

Didn't know he was still in the league. This guy was a great run stopper for us.

(11-11-2017, 01:47 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Didn't know he was still in the league. This guy was a great run stopper for us.

Don't think we've missed him at all this season..   I guess he kept his home in Jax ...

(11-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Doug-H Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 01:47 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Didn't know he was still in the league. This guy was a great run stopper for us.

Don't think we've missed him at all this season..   I guess he kept his home in Jax ...

We did miss Roy on the field.  One of the big reasons we were 31st in the league against the run before we before we brought in Dareus.  I think we are good now though with the addition of Dareus