Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags cut Roy Miller

Quote:Newsflash, Alualu isn't coming back. They gave his # away and everything. Great human being but a terrible NFL player. Good riddance.
" He's such and underrated Jagwire! He's a solid football player that is very durable! "

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When is Skuta gonna go? Dude sucks.
Yep, waiting for Skoots to get canned.

Will be sad to see Roy go. He was a beast and a nice guy. Wish him Otho get but good luck.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yep, waiting for Skoots to get canned.

Coughlin is draining the swamp. The Jags are gonna win, and they're gonna win big league. Coughlin built a tremendous team in New York with multiple Super Bowls. And I don't say that in a bragging way, I say that because that's the kind of thinking we need to make the Jaguars great again!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Newsflash, Alualu isn't coming back. They gave his # away and everything. Great human being but a terrible NFL player. Good riddance.

The Jags are understandably probably moving on.  Yet,  some team probably will give Tyson Alualu as an opportunity because of his versatility and intangibles.  Saving a game day roster spot is something that's greatly valued by coaches.

So Cyp, Tyson, Prince, House, Marks, Odrick, and Miller? Who am I missing? This #6 ranked defense has really been the initial focus of this overhall. Bent and broke in too many 4th quarters for TC's liking, I guess. I like the additions but rather kept guys like Prince Marks and Tyson. But then you do gotta trim for the upcoming draft too, so...

One thing this does tell me is (wasn't all Gus) Jimmies and Joes
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I have no clue how Skuta is still here… There is no way he will be on this roster next year.

He was a good ST player before he came to the Jags. His contract is probably a bit pricey for that. Maybe they are negotiating a cheaper contract.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So Cyp, Tyson, Prince, House, Marks, Odrick, and Miller? Who am I missing? This #6 ranked defense has really been the initial focus of this overhall. Bent and broke in too many 4th quarters for TC's liking, I guess. I like the additions but rather kept guys like Prince Marks and Tyson. But then you do gotta trim for the upcoming draft too, so...

It's clear as day that Tom Coughlin is calling the shots and has brought an urgency to the entire Jaguars organization that hasn't been there for a LONG time.

Quote:It's clear as day that Tom Coughlin is calling the shots and has brought an urgency to the entire Jaguars organization that hasn't been there for a LONG time.

yeah and its interesting to hear acquired free agents talk about the influence Tom had on their decision to sign here. Def respect the sense of urgency going on.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Got to agree.  One of the last of the Gene Smith stinch

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Yep, waiting for Skoots to get canned.
Skuta is scheduled to make $4.1m this year in base salary, without any dead money on the cap if released.  His salary is not enormous, and plenty of cap remains.  I think they'll bring him into camp and have him compete with the other depth and ST players.  Then, make a decision.  Prior to being put into a starter LB role with the Jags, he was a very good ST player.

Quote:yeah and its interesting to hear acquired free agents talk about the influence Tom had on their decision to sign here. Def respect the sense of urgency going on.

Tom Coughlin's HOF caliber credentials gives the Jaguars credibility in the minds of countless people in the NFL, including many, many players and agents.

I too am sorry to see both go and potentially Alualu but we do need to get tougher in the trenches and these changes represent that. Hopefully.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:So Cyp, Tyson, Prince, House, Marks, Odrick, and Miller? Who am I missing? This #6 ranked defense has really been the initial focus of this overhall. Bent and broke in too many 4th quarters for TC's liking, I guess. I like the additions but rather kept guys like Prince Marks and Tyson. But then you do gotta trim for the upcoming draft too, so...

Yes we had the Sixth ranked D last year and my concerns w/this massive defensive turnover is what will we end up being ranked for the 2017 NFL season?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

That's sucks. I liked big roy

Roy was one of my favorites for many reasons....plus I think an inspiration to the D players.

Take care Roy....this fan will miss you.....A LOT!

Sad part of the NFL...but, Time (nor Tom) waits for no one.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

A little shocking. Not sure he really did anything to warrant his release, atleast performance wise, but I guess when you go 3-13, heads will role. He was a good player who was like a brick wall in the middle. Maybe he was a bit overpaid and they can find cheaper options. 

I would resign Alualu, even with a new number. He is good depth and when he stepped in last year in a rotational role he didn't disappoint.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

No surprise at all really. With Coughlin, either get good or get out

A player doesn't stay on a team for as long as he has by being terrible... You really can't be as stupid as you make yourself out to be.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]