Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which AFC Team Will Advance Into The AFC Divisional Playoff Game?
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
[Show Results]

***Official Steelers @ Bengals AFC Wild Card Playoff Game Thread***

Quote:Now Pacman has come out saying he thinks Brown was faking it. It sounds like he said this initially and then said it again later on. Initially saying he deserved an Oscar for the performance and the 2nd time saying he should get a grammy.

Yeah I want no part of this guy as a FA.
That is sad. he should take notes though, if he could have acted even a little bit while that dip [BLEEP] porter was on the field, he could have potentially saved his team. i think the whole burfict is the ultimate metaphor of living by the sword and dieing by the sword,

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That was the most crooked officiating I've seen since, well, the '05 Super Bowl. Shocked. 

What calls were crooked?  There were missed calls both ways.  Can you tell me how Burflict didn't get a personal foul for hitting the Steelers guard after he got blocked 10 yards and slammed onto the goal line?  Because he was mad he decided to start a fight.  Anytime there was a fight, there was Burflict....any time you saw someone trying to incite something, there was Burflict.  If anything, the refs didn't do enough to the Browns.

Watched the replay 40 times. Both feet on the ground leading with the shoulder. 1.) That shouldnt be a penalty, 2.) all this emotional he was out of control crap is a media narrative.

Quote:Watched the replay 40 times. Both feet on the ground leading with the shoulder. 1.) That shouldnt be a penalty, 2.) all this emotional he was out of control crap is a media narrative.
He drilled a defenseless receiver.

Quote:Now Pacman has come out saying he thinks Brown was faking it. It sounds like he said this initially and then said it again later on. Initially saying he deserved an Oscar for the performance and the 2nd time saying he should get a grammy.

Yeah I want no part of this guy as a FA.

he didnt say -thinks-

he said he knew he did. He said he winked at him after.

the fact is Brown did get up and walked away. I saw that plenty of times. He does an overly dramatic flop and shakes his head. It had nothing to do with the impact.

Quote:Watched the replay 40 times. Both feet on the ground leading with the shoulder. 1.) That shouldnt be a penalty, 2.) all this emotional he was out of control crap is a media narrative.
Then you obviously don't understand the rule of you think it's a legal hit.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:What calls were crooked? There were missed calls both ways. Can you tell me how Burflict didn't get a personal foul for hitting the Steelers guard after he got blocked 10 yards and slammed onto the goal line? Because he was mad he decided to start a fight. Anytime there was a fight, there was Burflict....any time you saw someone trying to incite something, there was Burflict. If anything, the refs didn't do enough to the Browns.
Wait!!!!! The Browns were playing???
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Wait!!!!! The Browns were playing???

Lol, my bad.

Quote:he didnt say -thinks-

the fact is Brown did get up and walked away. I saw that plenty of times. He does an overly dramatic flop and shakes his head. It had nothing to do with the impact.

If all that is really true, this league is really starting to go downhill.

The whole game was a "Battle Royale" mess.

But now we're going to start getting players FLOPPING for personal foul penalties. It's getting ridiculous. I quit watching the NBA because of that bullcrap.

NoW in the NFL penalties are far from being called consistently,, terrific hits are called fouls (I am not speaking of specifically of Burfict here),, defenders can barely touch guys,, etc.

If Brown actually did that,, I lost respect for him. Some would say it is "smart". I say it is terribly "Bush League BS". I hope he didn't.

Quote:he didnt say -thinks-

There is no way in hell he faked that.

Quote:There is no way in hell he faked that.

I certainly hope that faking stuff is not true. He got rocked. But if he did "flop" to get the call for his team,, I call "weak NBA bullhockey". No bueno

None of that stuff would've even happened if that fumbling scrub Jeremy Hill didn't drop the ball.

That guy puts the ball on the ground on a regular basis. Alot of times he gets lucky and his own team recovers it.

But, he was "benched" a couple times in the regular season for fumbling too,, and he was not too happy about it.

Cincy had been using Bernard in "game-winning" situations when ball security is imperative.

They had to use Hill the other night because Bernard got knocked out with that helmet-to-helmet hit by Shazier.

I knew Hill would screw it up. I just knew it.

I'll chime in here as I dont really care one way or the other.  Two issues...

1) I think the NFL should call all head shots or none.  I thought this game was fine up until the Shazier hit which caused a fumble and took at least 3 points off the board for Bengals.  He clearly lowered his helmet to the point where his eyes were looking straight down and he was leading with the crown of his helmet.  And when he launched himself at the RB, who had just caught a pass and was turning after losing all momentum, Shazier's head was on the same plain as the RB's head.  So unless the RB drops out of the way, it's pretty clear it was going to be helmet to helmet.  Shazier lined that up to be helmet to helmet.  But I guess by the letter of the law, that isnt a penalty as you are allowed to go helmet to helmet with a runner?  I always thought no matter where or how or who, you couldnt lead with the helmet and strike another player in theirs... although maybe thats just a college rule.  But that was the turning point where it ceased being just a hotly contested game to one where it was out of control.  I actually thought the Shazier hit was just as egregious if not more so than Burfict's.  Burfict led with his shoulder and was actually going kind of low.  Brown's momentum brought him down so quickly and so far that his head dropped down to the level of Burfict's shoulder.  It was still dirty in the sense that it was a defenseless WR but if Burfict was really head hunting, he would have led with the crown of his helmet, like Shazier did, and then launched himself up towards Brown.  But he didnt do either.  He stayed low and led with his shoulder.  If the goal is to prevent head injuries they should call every single helmet to helmet hit where you drop your head.  You should always look at what you hit or else a penalty.  These personal foul calls are becoming just as random and arbitrary as holding.  

2) I'll fully admit I have no idea what constitutes a catch anymore, but I dont see how in the world Martavis Bryant's catch in the endzone was allowed to stand.  Sure it was very acrobatic and looked cool, but the ball was clearly moving up the back of his leg before he fully gained control.  He barely had one foot in let alone two.  Clear as day you could see the ball sliding up the back of his leg as his right foot was coming off the ground.  and he finally pinned it as the left foot was coming off the ground before the somersault.  You could hear the announcers were so focused on whether the he maintained control as he hit the ground that they forgot to look to see if he actually had control before his feet left the ground.  I'm betting the replay guy did the same thing.  But then again, I have no idea what is a catch anymore.  Seems like everyone is so focused on maintaining control and making a football move that maybe thats the new key element and actually possessing the ball first is irrelevant as long as you have two feet inbounds even if you're juggling.