Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lovie Smith fired

Quote:Doesn't it tell you everything that you need to know about Bucs ownership that they fired Jon Gruden in order to keep Raheem Morris!  Unbelievable.

I think part of the Bucs thought process at the time is they saw the huge success of one of their former Assistant Coaches,   Mike Tomlin,  had in Pittsburgh as a HC.   Being that Raheem Morris had a DB Coaching background like Tomlin and both were very young,   they thought history could repeat itself.   Yet,  for every Tomlin,  so many other young coaches with DB backgrounds and in general haven't pan out as NFL HCs in their 30s.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I dunno, but Steve Mariucci just put a good perspective on this.

He said the Bucs have fired Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, and Lovie Smith.

They also got rid of Steve Young many years ago. Yep, Steve Young was once a Buc.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

So was Doug Williams: 2 former Buc QBS winning Super Bowls elsewhere.

Of course, the Creamsicles used to be so bad even Bo Jackson refused to play for them (I kid....somewhat)

Quote:They also got rid of Steve Young many years ago. Yep, Steve Young was once a Buc.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:So was Doug Williams: 2 former Buc QBS winning Super Bowls elsewhere.

Of course, the Creamsicles used to be so bad even Bo Jackson refused to play for them (I kid....somewhat)

Yep, I forgot about Doug Williams once being a Buc.

Definitely didn't expect to see Lovie fired after a 4 game improvement over last season.

Bucs gonna Buc.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Make it 3. Forgot Dilfer was a Buc too.

Quote:Yep, I forgot about Doug Williams once being a Buc.

Definitely didn't expect to see Lovie fired after a 4 game improvement over last season.

Bucs gonna Buc.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Make it 3. Forgot Dilfer was a Buc too.

Trent Dilfer didn't win a Super Bowl. The Baltimore defense won that game; he was just tasked with not losing it.

What is the latest with Lovie? Is he taking the year off? Would still like to see him interviewed for DC.

Quote:Trent Dilfer didn't win a Super Bowl. The Baltimore defense won that game; he was just tasked with not losing it.

That was true for the season in general, but Dilfer played well in the Superbowl. Ray Lewis won Superbowl MVP, but Dilfer should have won it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"