Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What do you think will be announced?
Same old stuff *yawn*
Babich gone.*yay*
Something else.
[Show Results]

Today's Press Conference

Quote:Nick Marshall and Dwayne Gratz come to mind as potential candidates.

Gratz would be a great FS besides the fact that he can't cover and is dumb as a bag of rocks.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe khan came to his senses and is gonna fire Gus... cross your fingers!!

We all knew that wouldn't happen.  It's so unfortunate...

If I were king for a day...I'd hire Coughlin to a 3-5 year deal with a plan for him to groom his successor during that time and have him retire when's 75.

Quote:Eugene Frenette ‏@GeneFrenette  46s

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">46 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Bradley says HC job "challenges your conviction" on things. Adds he doesn't regret "It's built" comment, wants team to believe in themselves

</div>

So he lied?  He just said it as a "positive" motivation for the players?  The guy is a clown when it comes to leadership.

As soon as Bradley said Houston was a measuring stick for us, Shad should have walked in and screamed at him to get out. (Even though i'm sure Shad agrees with Gus or he wouldn't have vocalized his support)

Quote:As soon as Bradley said Houston was a measuring stick for us, Shad should have walked in and screamed at him to get out. (Even though i'm sure Shad agrees with Gus or he wouldn't have vocalized his support)

I don't understand how a coach can say they just played the team that was a measuring stick (with a backup QB in the worst division in football) and they spanked the Jags and still have a job.

Boggles my mind.

I know that everyone is frustrated, but I don't get why everyone gets upset about press conference statements. They might as well be scripted from the same typewriter.

I guess what I mean is, what else is he going to say that he / every coach hasn't said already?

Not criticizing people for being frustrated, I just don't know what people expected to hear.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I know that everyone is frustrated, but I don't get why everyone gets upset about press conference statements. They might as well be scripted from the same typewriter.

I guess what I mean is, what else is he going to say that he / every coach hasn't said already?

Not criticizing people for being frustrated, I just don't know what people expected to hear.

I think people just expected accountability expressed through pink slips.

Quote:I think people just expected accountability expressed through pink slips.

Fair enough.

Didn't Fisch get axed later in the week? I can't remember but I thought he did
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

It's the idea of Houston being the measuring stick for success.  Granted they are going to the playoffs but with the schedule this year the bar needs to be set a lot higher.

A look around the league today and a lot better coaches have gotten the boot and that leaves a bad taste for a lot of Jags fans.  They have had enough Koolaid.   

Quote:I know that everyone is frustrated, but I don't get why everyone gets upset about press conference statements. They might as well be scripted from the same typewriter.

If you are gonna suck on the field, you may as well make an effort to be good, truthful, and entertaining at the press.

This team.

Wins and losses don't matter apparently. Every where else but not here.

Quote:Fair enough.

Yes on a Tuesday. Gus usually meets with coaches and players for exit interviews one last time on Tuesday before leaving for break. I assume any decision that will happen will occur tomorrow.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

+1 for the guy who was able to say "too cool for school" and "get into people's butts" in the same post and actually mean to say it.

Quote:Fair enough.

Yes, but waiting a couple of days won't satisfy the pitchfork and torch crowd who demands instant accountability.  The franchise must be run by the jerk of the knee.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Yes, but waiting a couple of days won't satisfy the pitchfork and torch crowd who demands instant accountability. The franchise must be run by the jerk of the knee.

I'd call it "knee jerk" if this was his first or second season. We're way beyond that now. Especially in the loss column.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

How about: "We're using successful franchises as a yardstick for our success."  as opposed to: "We're using a mediocre team that's currently a mess as our yardstick."

Quote:Gratz would be a great FS besides the fact that he can't cover and is dumb as a bag of rocks.

Gratz should not even be on the roster next year butttttttt judging from master Gus comments today sounds like he will.

Quote:I'd call it "knee jerk" if this was his first or second season. We're way beyond that now. Especially in the loss column.
He fired the OC a couple of days after the season ended last year.  There's absolutely no need to rush anything at this point.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He fired the OC a couple of days after the season ended last year. There's absolutely no need to rush anything at this point.

Why exactly does it matter?

Hey! Where can I sign up for a high paying job with no consequences for failure ?