Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2016 Jaguars schedule

Quote:I have one important thing to say before creating my opinions about the schedule: DO NOT use the city names Oakland and San Diego. We don't know if either city will have a team next season.

You're being obnoxious. Stop.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why is everyone so pessimistic already? Nobody knows how good or bad any teams on our 2016 schedule will be. You all know every year teams expected to make Super Bowl runs suck the next season.

I still have my doubts about Denver and Minnesota but the overall first glance does look bad. Oakland & Baltimore are up in the air as well for me, they could easily be playoff contenders next season but they could also fall flat.

Green Bay had a poor season yet is able to limp into the playoffs, I would expect them to heal up and play hard against us next season.

San Diego, Detroit & Buffalo all could be wins.....

What am I doing? its far too early for this :-p

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 08:53 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

The Ravens were decimated by injuries to key players. Obviously they will be better next season. Green Bay will get Jordy Nelson back. Of course we are still waiting for the Lions to fire Jim Caldwell.

Why should we beat the Chargers? Everyone who watched our game against them in 2015 should know better than that. Plus it is in California, where we never win.

A miracle if the the Jaguars win enough games to qualify as a wild card playoff team in 2016..

Quote:A miracle if the the Jaguars win enough games to qualify as a wild card playoff team in 2016..

Forget the wild card. We need to win the division.

Quote:Fixed

Also, that schedule has Gus' pink slip written all over it.

As of right now, I see 4-12 on that schedule.

Yeah, the odds Gus can get the Jags into the playoffs playing that schedule next year are astronomical, and not in a positive way.

His best opportunity to make the playoffs was this past year and he just wasn't able to get them there despite all the things that broke his way.

It's just hard to imagine the Jags getting as many breaks again next year as they did this year.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I know. It'd get real ugly, right?

Jax is still horrible on the road,, horrible.

Their only road victory in the past TWO seasons was against a severely depleted by injury Ravens team. That was a miracle "gift" victory by Baltimore dropping an incredibly easy game-ending INT, and a personal foul facemask that pushed the ball 15 yards into FG range with no time left.

They have to start playing near a .500 record on the road (4-4) to be actually relevant for playoff contention. If the Jags started winning the majority of their games at home, it still wouldn't be good enough if they can't at least get 3-4 wins on the road.

Their road futility has to change before any chance of contending.

If it doesn't change, they're absolutely looking at another 5 win or less season yet again.

They dont have the confidence to go into a good teams house and win

Quote:Yeah, the odds Gus can get the Jags into the playoffs playing that schedule next year are astronomical, and not in a positive way.

His best opportunity to make the playoffs was this past year and he just wasn't able to get them there despite all the things that broke his way.

It's just hard to imagine the Jags getting as many breaks again next year as they did this year.

It is boggling how many breaks we had go our way this year.  And a bigger good grief that we did zero with it.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:It is boggling how many breaks we had go our way this year. And a bigger good grief that we did zero with it.

And that will certainly change because Gus has clearly learned a lot over his 3 year, 12 win tender.

To put it in worse perspective, the Browns have won 14 games in the past 3 seasons...

Quote:And that will certainly change because Gus has clearly learned a lot over his 3 year, 12 win tender.

To put it in worse perspective, the Browns have won 14 games in the past 3 seasons...

I guess that just means we are a different kind of brown around here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Denver won't have a quarterback. They'll need to take advantage of that fact next year

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:And that will certainly change because Gus has clearly learned a lot over his 3 year, 12 win tender.

Ouch...

I think its a win-win for us though.

If Bradley can make playoffs with that schedule then he's a bonafide head coach and deserves to stay.

If not good riddance. Pity that Payton will probably be gone.

Doesn't look very encouraging.  :ermm:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I think its a win-win for us though.

If Bradley can make playoffs with that schedule then he's a bonafide head coach and deserves to stay.

If not good riddance. Pity that Payton will probably be gone.

I hear ya, and I get this rationalization.  I really do.  It's the only way to stay sane.  But the thing that bugs alot of folks is that from his track record, and specifically from the failure to even get to 6 wins THIS year, who in thier right mind still thinks there is even a remote possibility that Gus is a bonafide head coach?

I mean, it's pretty evident that he's not...  So why waste everyone's time livin' on a prayer.

What are we, the Jacksonville Bon Jovi's?

When you consider that a penalty kept us from having a worse record than Baltimore, you can see how coaching can impact a team.  I can live with him playing out the string.  Maybe the light will turn on.  I don't think so but in this I would love to be wrong.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 10:15 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:I hear ya, and I get this rationalization. I really do. It's the only way to stay sane. But the thing that bugs alot of folks is that from his track record, and specifically from the failure to even get to 6 wins THIS year, who in thier right mind still thinks there is even a remote possibility that Gus is a bonafide head coach?

I mean, it's pretty evident that he's not... So why waste everyone's time livin' on a prayer.

What are we, the Jacksonville Bon Jovi's?
Hey I wanted Bradley gone this season as much as the next guy,what I mean is basically to look forward to next season because either way the situation will be resolved. Either Bradleys gone for good (98% chance) or Bradley somehow leads us to the playoffs (2% chance). Both sound good to me.