Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell talked about Free Agency the other day

Quote:Mack?

Mack is only an option if he opts out of his $8 mil per year contract. If he does, we'd be talking about paying him something like $10 mil per year.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Mario Williams will probably be ours.

I can still see Mario as an option. You know he'd step it up when we play the Texans. My only concern is if we'd be paying for past performance in lieu of future performance now that he's hit 30 having recorded a mere 5 sacks this past season.

'02

Quote:I can still see Mario as an option. You know he'd step it up when we play the Texans. My only concern is if we'd be paying for past performance in lieu of future performance now that he's hit 30 having recorded a mere 5 sacks this past season.

If I have to risk a signing: Mack vs. Mario....I think I take my chance at Mario

Quote:I can still see Mario as an option. You know he'd step it up when we play the Texans. My only concern is if we'd be paying for past performance in lieu of future performance now that he's hit 30 having recorded a mere 5 sacks this past season.
He hated Buffalo and would be way more productive in a 4-3. He'd probably only be here for two years or three years max, but that's not bad at all. 

Quote:How is he going to narrow it to 4-5?
1. defense

2. offense

3. coaches

4. medical personel

5. lawn and pool guy

Quote:Mario Williams will probably be ours.
I wouldn't mind but he's already over 30 yrs young and I would prefer a younger vet like Vernon who's just 25 yrs young

.I'd be excited if Dave brings him in though.

Quote:What are you talking about? Gerhart has paid dividends.
post of the YEAR. would love to see all the Toby lovers admit he was wasted money. but they wont.  Blush

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 04:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:post of the YEAR. would love to see all the Toby lovers admit he was wasted money. but they wont.  Blush

The post about him making 12K+ per yard was hysterical. 

When people realize Eric Berry is a strong safety and not a Free Safety will be good.

If we spending on Berry then we getting rid of Cyp and I think cyprien will have competition... by the name of James Sample.

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:post of the YEAR. would love to see all the Toby lovers admit he was wasted money. but they wont.  Blush

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no Toby lovers other than Gus's dog.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:People hoping for a new LT are going to be sorely disappointed.

A new LT? Probably not a starter like Glenn from Buffalo, but I feel like we need to bring in someone to compete with Joke.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I wouldn't mind but he's already over 30 yrs young and I would prefer a younger vet like Vernon who's just 25 yrs young

.I'd be excited if Dave brings him in though.
i agree

The 2 guys Caldwell is targeting, in my opinion, are Bruce Irvin and Alex Mack. My 3rd guess would be Vernon. Irvin and Vernon are both young and would fill top 2 need areas of Otto and Leo. Although older, Mack would be worth it. Meester was solid after turning 30 and I believe we could get 3 more good years out of Mack.

I doubt they will land all 3 of these players, but if Irvin and Mack are signed they can then draft a safety, Leo and corner in rounds 1-3. Ramsay or Alexander in round 1, Spence in round 2 and the best available corner/safety in round 3.

Quote:When people realize Eric Berry is a strong safety and not a Free Safety will be good.

If we spending on Berry then we getting rid of Cyp and I think cyprien will have competition... by the name of James Sample.
Yeah I said this earlier, too. Berry can play a fine makeshift FS I'm sure, but he isn't the real deal single high centerfield FS we crave. 

Quote:The 2 guys Caldwell is targeting, in my opinion, are Bruce Irvin and Alex Mack. My 3rd guess would be Vernon. Irvin and Vernon are both young and would fill top 2 need areas of Otto and Leo. Although older, Mack would be worth it. Meester was solid after turning 30 and I believe we could get 3 more good years out of Mack.

I doubt they will land all 3 of these players, but if Irvin and Mack are signed they can then draft a safety, Leo and corner in rounds 1-3. Ramsay or Alexander in round 1, Spence in round 2 and the best available corner/safety in round 3.

Quote:When people realize Eric Berry is a strong safety and not a Free Safety will be good.

Either way we can use.him. The Chiefs list him as FS tho, and PFF ranks him as the league's best S because of his coverage.

There is a risk that he was diagnosed with cancer, and that risk will have to be weighed.

'02

Quote:Taken from Ryan O'Halloran article here: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...l-entering

Caldwell:

"It's going to be tough (talking about the market) but for us we can really start to narrow down our needs. In the past we were just trying to get guys come in and plug holes. Now we can focus on what our 4-5 areas of need are and be aggressive instead of "shoot, we have 16-18 needs, let's see who we can get"

Caldwell said the Jaguars would probably have 1-2 targets the first day of free agency in March.
Hmm lets see since this draft doesn't scream out a pass rusher in the top 10 picks I would say Pass rusher, draft 

<b>Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State with 5th overall pick!</b>

<b>He could play Free Safety which would fit Gus scheme, or be a great #1 Corner, put House at #2 eventually & Aaron Colvin as the starting Nickel.  It would allow SS Cyprien to play closer to the line and be more effective against the run & pass rushing.
</b>

<b>maybe even trade for <b>Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida to play corner so Jalen Ramsey can take FS.</b>
</b>

Would you be okay with giving up next year's first for this years Corner?

-------------------------------------------------

Two have two local boys grow to be superstar men much like QB Blake Bortles?

============================================

Quote:CALDWELL HAS BEEN AN EPIC FAIL WITH REGARD TO FREE AGENCY !!!

<b>Now he says it's going to be tough -- lol   Wallbash</b><b> </b>
Marks and Miller say hello.

Skuta has been pretty good. Albeit not great.

Technically Hurns was free agency (undrafted)

House is probably our best corner now.... Colvin seemed to take a step back and Gratz/McCray are trash (BUT MCCRAY IS OUR BEST CB, no he isn't shut up)\

Yeh, Watson was a miss, and Gerhart flailed out....

but he hasn't had any swing for the fences Jerry Porter type FA signing that failed.....

so stop.

I would love for you to find some Toby lovers among these posters.......

I'm not seeing yet.

But it is clear to see why Caldwell took a chance on a former 2nd round pick who had few miles on the wheels.

SOME of Toby's downfall came from an AWFUL Oline.

Yeldon made the Oline look better, but as a rook could only do so much.

but carry on....

Quote:I would love for you to find some Toby lovers among these posters.......

I'm not seeing yet.

But it is clear to see why Caldwell took a chance on a former 2nd round pick who had few miles on the wheels.

SOME of Toby's downfall came from an AWFUL Oline.

Yeldon made the Oline look better, but as a rook could only do so much.

but carry on....

I wish he'd been better, too bad it didn't work out. I don't think he fits into Olson's offense the way he was intended to for Jedd's either, so he's just not a good fit for the roster.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I liked the point that Jeff Prosser made a little while ago. I would rather the Jags spend big on like 2 elite players, than bring in 6-7 mediocre guys. That's what happened last year. They need to bring in impact players that will make a difference right away (M. Williams, E. Berry, V. Miller, C. Glenn).