Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell talked about Free Agency the other day

Quote:You and the crew are blindly defending something that the numbers don't back up, and I am the one losing my mind? 
What am I defending that numbers don't back up?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not every team can have Bill Belicheat as coach.

And very few coaches are regarded as well as he is in making something out of poop.

Holy crap. You really are FBT. Incapable of forming your own opinion until the team forms it for you.

Here are some numbers that will help you out. 12 wins/3 years.

Quote:What am I defending that numbers don't back up?

This team.

Quote:Except Caldwell's job isn't in jeopardy.

Not hardly.

If Gus is gone. Dave gets a 2nd coach. Bet that.
Absolutely. This was Caldwell's first rodeo and he's done a good job of adding quality talent to the roster. Sure, maybe it was a mistake to hire rookie HC Gus Bradley. Has zero to do with his ability to draft good players and do a decent job in free agency. His big whiff is Zane Beadles, a friggin guard. A position which he spent the next two years drafting for, because he knew he whiffed on Zane F. Beadles. Gene Smitty would've stuck it out with Zane for 3 years before touching the position.

Quote:This team.
Defending this team?

Well that just doesn't make sense.

I have defended Caldwell. The moves he's made and his positive turn of this roster.

I haven't even defended Gus... I've moved to the apathetic state with ol' Gus. He can stay or he can go, I don't care. Certainly not as much as you do.

I still think that with the time he's been given and the roster the way it is, no coach could win much more than 5-8 games this past season.

You wouldn't have been satisfied with 8 either.

I'm not defending the awful defense. But I'm smart enough to know that Fowler would have helped. A healthy Marks would have helped.

Season changing? Doubtful. Would McCourty have helped? Sure... would we be in the playoffs? Ehhh doubt it.

I have defended Bortles, with his INTs, but in year 3 Bortles won't have any excuses from me.

So continue to make stuff up if you'd like. But your madness has spewed over multiple threads where you are saying the same thing over and over.

And for someone who talks so much, you really don't ever say anything.

Quote:Absolutely. This was Caldwell's first rodeo and he's done a good job of adding quality talent to the roster. Sure, maybe it was a mistake to hire rookie HC Gus Bradley. Has zero to do with his ability to draft good players and do a decent job in free agency. His big whiff is Zane Beadles, a friggin guard. A position which he spent the next two years drafting for, because he knew he whiffed on Zane F. Beadles. Gene Smitty would've stuck it out with Zane for 3 years before touching the position.

So true about Gene
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Defending this team?

Well that just doesn't make sense.

I have defended Caldwell. The moves he's made and his positive turn of this roster.

I haven't even defended Gus... I've moved to the apathetic state with ol' Gus. He can stay or he can go, I don't care. Certainly not as much as you do.

I still think that with the time he's been given and the roster the way it is, no coach could win much more than 5-8 games this past season.

You wouldn't have been satisfied with 8 either.

I'm not defending the awful defense. But I'm smart enough to know that Fowler would have helped. A healthy Marks would have helped.

Season changing? Doubtful. Would McCourty have helped? Sure... would we be in the playoffs? Ehhh doubt it.

I have defended Bortles, with his INTs, but in year 3 Bortles won't have any excuses from me.

So continue to make stuff up if you'd like. But your madness has spewed over multiple threads where you are saying the same thing over and over.

And for someone who talks so much, you really don't ever say anything.

8 wins would have satisfied me.

That's my issue. People rant over and over about the same tired theme, year over year for nearly a decade now, for what? Ten years of whining about the same things on the same message board has gotten you what exactly?

Quote:8 wins would have satisfied me.
Doubt it.

People like you will always find something to complain about.

The team would have won in spite of Gus, heads should still roll, you'd still feel the same about the "busts" of Dave's.

The only difference in you and the trollers is you've kept the same login name for I assume your entire tenure on the board.

While some of these people will create an account just to spew silliness. 

Kudos to you for that I suppose.

Quote:Doubt it.

People like you will always find something to complain about.

The team would have won in spite of Gus, heads should still roll, you'd still feel the same about the "busts" of Dave's.

The only difference in you and the trollers is you've kept the same login name for I assume your entire tenure on the board.

While some of these people will create an account just to spew silliness. 

Kudos to you for that I suppose.

I agree. If the team won, it would have been in spite of Gus.

Quote:I agree. If the team won, it would have been in spite of Gus.
seeeeee.......

How can a team lose because of the coach and win in spite of him.

TROLLERIFIC!

Quote:seeeeee.......

How can a team lose because of the coach and win in spite of him.

TROLLERIFIC!

Why did George Costanza have success when he did the complete opposite of what he thought was right? I dunno.

Quote:Clearly, we didn't try hard enough. They could have taken the money they used to sign mediocre trash and sweetened the pot with the guys they wanted.

This team isn't serious about winning. That is clear.
Lord, cry me a river.

It was reported we offered McCourty the most money he had from any offers, same with Cobb. Not Caldwell's fault they come from two of the best organizations in football that are constant championship contenders. Not every player just wants the money.

Quote:House was good for the most part.

I didn't care for Odrick and who's Skuta?  I don't recall his name ever being called for a positive play in a game.

Odrick did have a couple of good plays every now and then but when you watch him play he takes a LOT of plays off and just stands there with no contribution.  He's bottom of the barrel starter level.
Well this post is pretty telling for me about what to take your opinions as than. It's fine to not be totally up to date with everything, but don't sit here and scream and whine about Caldwell if you don't even know half the players on the team nor pay enough attention to even know who a starter on the team is. You also don't seem to realize what a 5T in this defense is for, as our run defense was at one point top 5. Why? Because of Odrick & Miller primarily.

Also, Odrick lead the team in sacks at 5.5, which coming from the 5T, which is the least glorious and least stats of any spots in this D, is pretty damn impressive.

how do you know McCourty would have helped? He might have come in and had the same impact/problems as THomas then people would be saying he was a bust signing like they are saying Thomas was.

Most FA signings by any teams never pan out specially the bigger named players.

Quote:how do you know McCourty would have helped? He might have come in and had the same impact/problems as THomas then people would be saying he was a bust signing like they are saying Thomas was.

Most FA signings by any teams never pan out specially the bigger named players.
Considering we had 3 sacks from Clem and somewhere around that same number with Branch, there is no doubt in my mind getting a guy like Mario who is ideal in a 4-3 or Oliver Vernon who was one of the top sack artists would be a massive upgrade, along with Fowler coming back.

You need to watch McCourty. that's all I'll say. Having him over Segio/Evans would have been huge.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 12:57 PM by The_Anchorman.)

I take StroudCrowd at his word. If he says he'd be happy with 8 wins. I believe him. If we would have put up 8 wins this year, 99 percent of the mb would be elated.

Those Gus Bust posters would be shouted out of the jungle if they tried to complain about an 8-8 season. I'd be one of those people shouting down any Gus critique because it would not be logical to whine about such a huge turn around, and it would be obvious that Gus had some impact on that record.

I don't know why anyone would try and discredit another jaguar poster as being a liar. Just because one doesn't agree with StroudCrowd's (or any jaguar fan's for that matter) post, I think it's important not to attack a fellow jaguar fan's integrity without alot of substantiated facts to back up your claim.

I've read nothing to make me believe that we should not take StroudCrowd at his word.

Quote:Well this post is pretty telling for me about what to take your opinions as than. It's fine to not be totally up to date with everything, but don't sit here and scream and whine about Caldwell if you don't even know half the players on the team nor pay enough attention to even know who a starter on the team is. You also don't seem to realize what a 5T in this defense is for, as our run defense was at one point top 5. Why? Because of Odrick & Miller primarily.

You missed my sarcasm in regards to Skuta.  My opinion is that he's just a guy, nothing special.

As for Odrick and his 5 Technique position which is a fancy way of saying he plays in the 5 Gap (which 7-8 year old football players and up know) he did have some decent plays as I originally mentioned.  But all in all, he's a bottom of the league starter IMO.

The Jags did finish 18th in rushing defense.  Also, keep in mind there was a decent amount of praise for Miller and not Odrick so how much can we really contribute to Odrick?  Let's not forget Telvin Smith's tackles behind the LOS either.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?a...&Submit=Go

Quote:Clearly, we didn't try hard enough. They could have taken the money they used to sign mediocre trash and sweetened the pot with the guys they wanted.

This team isn't serious about winning. That is clear.

Man .. you are nothing if not predictable.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.