Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does Luke Joeckel even Lift Bro?

Quote:Joeckel's performance set back pass protection 40 years.

And the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters 75 years
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:"Right now, Joekel is a serviceable left tackle." ~ Tony Boselli ~

He's stated that numerous times on the radio this year.

serv·ice·a·ble

ˈsərvəsəb(ə)l/

adjective

fulfilling its function adequately; usable.

"an aging but still serviceable water supply system"

synonyms: in working order, working, functioning, functional, operational, operative; More

functional and durable rather than attractive.

synonyms: functional, utilitarian, sensible, practical; More

in working order.

"only twelve aircraft were fully serviceable this morning"

I think Boselli needs to reevaluate his usage of that word.

LMAO these true fans calling for an OL pick in the first round. When will you people learn? Did Luke not do it for you? Eric Fisher is doing slightly better than Joker and he was 1st overall. Enough with OL in Round 1, it's astronomically asinine.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 10:07 PM by goJags74.)

This guy talked bravado when he was picked#2 when Eric Fisher was picked ahead of him that he will make the other team feel for it. 

I have some information for you Mr. Joeckel, the other team's player is not a good player but they are glad the picked him rather than you, Mr. Loser. 

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED] these true fans calling for an OL pick in the first round. When will you people learn? Did Luke not do it for you? Eric Fisher is doing slightly better than Joker and he was 1st overall. Enough with OL in Round 1, it's astronomically asinine.

Guys like Lael Collins picked up in the supplemental draft. Sickening.

Quote:Guys like Lael Collins picked up in the supplemental draft. Sickening.

He was an undrafted free agent.

Quote:He was an undrafted free agent.

Oh nvm. I thought he was in supplemental draft. Either way, good players can be had outside of top 5.

Quote:Guys like Lael Collins picked up in the supplemental draft. Sickening.
I think he was a free agent and chose the cowboys. After what's been going on with hardy and rice guys were running away from him. Can't blame them

Quote:I will give your critique it's due attention. Please don't stop judging me. I live for it.
Dakota is extremely rude - completely uncalled for comments throughout this thread.  It's sad actually.  

That may have been the worst individual performance I have seen from an O Lineman. He was beat with speed, he was beat with power, he was outsmarted. If Watt would have killed BB5 then the JOKE (aka swinging door) woudlk have been an accessory to murder!!

Joke-L needs to go.... he's going to get Blake destroyed.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Luke did improve, but he's still far from a good LT. I mentioned awhile back in one of the threads, I think speed rushers gives him more fits than one-dimensional "power" guys. Mercillus has owned him the past two match-ups.

The problem is...we're really not at a position to take another LT. A dominant LT might be tough to pass up (I haven't watched much of Tunsil yet, as tackle hasn't been my focus), but despite the 8 sacks given today...I still view the defense as the bigger issue. Besides...we can't go offense YET again when we've invested very little defensively.

Quote:serv·ice·a·ble

ˈsərvəsəb(ə)l/

adjective

fulfilling its function adequately; usable.

"an aging but still serviceable water supply system"

synonyms: in working order, working, functioning, functional, operational, operative; More

functional and durable rather than attractive.

synonyms: functional, utilitarian, sensible, practical; More

in working order.

"only twelve aircraft were fully serviceable this morning"

I think Boselli needs to reevaluate his usage of that word.
perhaps a better way to describe joeckel would've been "he's alive and un-injured. He was a high round draft pick so we feel compelled to use him rather than admit he's another high round draft pick bust."

He seems to be about average for the quality of left tackles coming out of college these days. We left the Golden Age and now they're all just kinda "meh."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think he was a free agent and chose the cowboys. After what's been going on with hardy and rice guys were running away from him. Can't blame them

Still can't believe Dave didn't take a chance on him with the late round picks and call his bluff. 

Quote:And the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters 75 years

Our starting lineup next year

[Image: 2016-01-04_8-45-34_zpseglxl7td.png]

Quote:perhaps a better way to describe joeckel would've been "he's alive and un-injured. He was a high round draft pick so we feel compelled to use him rather than admit he's another high round draft pick bust."

Exactly.

Quote:Our starting lineup next year

[Image: 2016-01-04_8-45-34_zpseglxl7td.png]

I spit up my coffee after seeing this.

[Image: do-you-even-lift.jpg]

Just to clarify. 

Jj Watt only got one sack from the left. His other two were from the right, where he normally plays. 

It was Whitney Mercilus that got all 3 of his sacks from the left. 

ImATexan