Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does Luke Joeckel even Lift Bro?

Quote:No doubt this CBA has hurt the quality of play.  They just don't get in the work during the week to hit those teaching moments.  They move the season to 18 games and it is going to really trash the quality of play further.
Especially late season.  I even heard talk that players won't be asked to play more than 16 regular season games-if the 18 game season is ever implemented ( a longshot).  That would mean teams would have to decide when to hold certain players out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:  Thanks,  Bullseye!

You are correct regarding Gary Zimmermann.   If I now recall correctly,  he was projected as a very high 1st Round pick but chose to sign a USFL contract.  

Agreed,  regarding the overall play being hurt by the new CBA.   The tackling in the NFL these days doesn't remind anyone of watching Joey Browner in his day.  
No...and yesterday's game against Houston was a prime example of poor tackling.

Joey Browner!  What a safety!  He had the longest arms and biggest hands of any DB I've ever seen.  He is proof that safeties don't get their due in the HOF balloting.  He and Donnie Shell should definitely be in.

Quote:Especially late season.  I even heard talk that players won't be asked to play more than 16 regular season games-if the 18 game season is ever implemented ( a longshot).  That would mean teams would have to decide when to hold certain players out.

Wow that would be one heck of a concept.  How the heck would you work the QB position?  Seems to me that is a gambit for upping the cap significantly and getting a large infuse of roster spots.  Then that will get bargained out and the owners will give up something else significant.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:No...and yesterday's game against Houston was a prime example of poor tackling.

Joey Browner!  What a safety!  He had the longest arms and biggest hands of any DB I've ever seen.  He is proof that safeties don't get their due in the HOF balloting.  He and Donnie Shell should definitely be in.

Donnie Shell is arguably the most overlooked player on the great Steelers teams of the 1970's.  

One thing for sure,  I've ever seen a defender tackle Barry Sanders as well as Joey Browner.  

Quote:Wow that would be one heck of a concept.  How the heck would you work the QB position?  Seems to me that is a gambit for upping the cap significantly and getting a large infuse of roster spots.  Then that will get bargained out and the owners will give up something else significant.

I see lots of problems with that concept, to be honest.

Would there be an offset due to injury?  In other words, the team is scheduled to hold player X out on week 6.  But he gets a sprained ankle that causes him to miss week 5.  Would he still have to be held out of week 6?

What if attrition at a given position forced a player to play?  Suppose the Colts held out Andrew Luck for wk 12, but injuries to his backups leave Luck as the only available QB who knows his offense.  Would the Colts have to go with a new guy off the street as opposed to the healthy Luck?

What about incentive clauses?

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 01:46 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Donnie Shell is arguably the most overlooked player on the great Steelers teams of the 1970's.  

One thing for sure,  I've ever seen a defender tackle Barry Sanders as well as Joey Browner.  
Not being a Lions or Vikings fan, I really can't speak with authority on his ability to single tackle Barry Sanders.  But I saw him enough to know he was very good hitter, had outstanding range, and made big plays constantly.  He also comes from a family of pro football players and is a serious martial artist.

It sure would be nice if the Jaguars had a safety like him.

For those who haven't seen him play before, the most well known "highlight" with him in it was the Steve Young 50 yard scramble to beat the Vikings in the late 80s.  Browner is the guy who jumps on him at the end of the play.

Here is a brief clip of him...

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=jo...mp=yhs-001

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/video...82e7419600

Quote:Our starting lineup next year

[Image: 2016-01-04_8-45-34_zpseglxl7td.png]
The slowest clap ever needs to be given to this guy

HA !!  This was Joekel yesterday ....

[Image: bx6fimaiqaac5wa.jpg?w=630&h=465]

it's not so much that he gets beat - it's how he gets beat

he just gets beat awfully

The only thing joeckel was lifting were his pants after what Watt and Merculis just did to him

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/PFF'>Pro Football Focus<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@PFF </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/PFF/status/684014324659142656'>3h3 hours ago</a>
</span>
<span style="font-size:18px;">Jaguars left tackle Luke Joeckel allowed just two sacks between Week 1 and 16. In Week 17 he allowed five.
</span>

I think this is total b.s. Joke got BEAT a lot. I'd be curious to know their stat numbers on amount of pressures he gave up if they say he only gave up two sacks all season before yesterday.

Yesterday was scary bad.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Who remembers two years ago when I said that Luke sucked and everyone killed me for it? Anyone? I see some of your faces in this very thread? Who will step up? Crow for all!!

He had a bad game. Before that he had only given up two sacks all year.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF  3h3 hours ago
<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars left tackle Luke Joeckel allowed just two sacks between Week 1 and 16. In Week 17 he allowed five.

</div>

It would be one thing if Watt were in a different division that we see periodically, but we see this guy twice a year. This team needs to first be built to win the division and yesterday was a sickening wakeup call.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF  3h3 hours ago
<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars left tackle Luke Joeckel allowed just two sacks between Week 1 and 16. In Week 17 he allowed five.

</div>

The stats lie too. Dude has been beat by the bull rush or some move in every single game. Just because it didn't lead to many sacks throughout the year doesn't make it a positive. I credit that more to Bortles knowing to roll out and get the hell out of the Joke's area.