Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How does Khan see this as improvement?

Quote:Makes you wonder if Shad watches these games.
No. He is too busy entertaining his business partners. If he watched the game at all, the embarrassment alone would make him fire Gus. It is hard for anyone to be humiliated constantly and not taking any actions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can we trust Khan's judgement? Where does he see improvement? Yes, the offense is better but it would probably be better with anyone at HC. This team actually looks worse and worse as the weeks past. I really hope Khan reconsiders after this game.

Over all cash flow. Increase? Improvement.

And that's the bottom line.

Sure the offense showed some life, but the real bottom line is...another top 10 pick with 5 wins.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Over all cash flow. Increase? Improvement.

And that's the bottom line.

Sure the offense showed some life, but the real bottom line is...another top 10 pick with 5 wins.

12-36. Thats all that needs to be said.

Quote:They do look worse, unmotivated, the coaching is terrible, for example leaving Robinson in the game with a minute left before halftime after he just got creamed the play before. He was clearly out of gas if not hurt. .It cost us an interception, he was only running 3/4 speed after that hit and the coaches expect him to sprint again 30 yards and out jump two Texans? That Interception blame on the coaches. That is Poor coaching, lack of game awareness, not having the right personnel in the game. For anyone that lives by Players win games, well coaches can lose them.

Our defense looks like they are taking the day off. Jokel, what can you say about one of the worst busts in the last decade of the draft, we gave away Monroe for this guy? What a waste of two top ten picks. This team has more holes than swiss cheese.

Gus and his .225 winning record is the biggest bust of all, and he has a vote of confidence from Mr.Khan? It cannot be explained rationally.

This entire paragraph is dead on...  I recommend nobody read it...  It truly is depressing.  If I lived in jacksonville, I'd be at the Modis Building (Well Fargo) right now.

As for this thread...  It really cannot be explained rationally why one would give Gus a 4th year after what we've seen this year.  Started the season 1-5.  This is typical Jaguars under Bradley.  But you'd think that by the end of the year, we'd have figured things out and would have finished strong.  But we ended the season 1-5 as well.

Khan should be getting his head checked...  You know, it's never too late to change one's mind...  I mean, is he so pig-headed that he wouldn't reconsider after this lowsy showing?  

Quote:This entire paragraph is dead on... I recommend nobody read it... It truly is depressing. If I lived in jacksonville, I'd be at the Modis Building (Well Fargo) right now.

As for this thread... It really cannot be explained rationally why one would give Gus a 4th year after what we've seen this year. Started the season 1-5. This is typical Jaguars under Bradley. But you'd think that by the end of the year, we'd have figured things out and would have finished strong. But we ended the season 1-5 as well.

Khan should be getting his head checked... You know, it's never too late to change one's mind... I mean, is he so pig-headed that he wouldn't reconsider after this lowsy showing?

Its was practically the same season as last year. Khan definitely needs to get his head checked.

Quote: 

How good are we at year 3 of a 3-year rebuild? It seems like the franchise goals are changing as we go along in order to benefit the crappy coaching

You know, one of the post-game shows actually touched on the bolded today, in a sort of roundabout way.

They played a quip of Caldwell's from his initial press conference where he talked about how the team was going to build through the draft because that provides sustainability for 8-12 years, as opposed to a couple years like free agency.

Yet, here we are, heading into year 4 and apparently this team is going to be shopping heavily, for the second year in a row, to try to compensate for the lack of development of the draft picks. Instead of canning Gus and saying it's not working, they're apparently just going to try to load up on talent that other teams found and hope they can mask the deficiencies of the draft picks who haven't developed. Completely contradicting "the plan" as it was initially sold. :confused:

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Khan should just buy the entire Seattle Seahawks team, make em play for the Jags under Bradley

If Gus can't get them to .500 next year, then "maybe" he can finally be convinced that Gus isn't the guy

A bad call in the Baltimore game and a late punt return at home against Tennessee "saved" Gus from another 3 win campaign.

Maybe I just expect too much...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 03:38 AM by captivating.)

Quote:12-36. Thats all that needs to be said.

it's the 12-36 and lack if real progress.  I'd much rathered

0-16

3-13

9-7

5-11 in year three is a bloody debacle!!!!

R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

The front office has a different goal for 2015.  It is a five year build plan and not a three year plan.  You can't sell a want everything today crowd to be patient for five years (David Caldwell has a 5 year contact).  No one builds a team the way we have and we didn't as an expansion team.  This team has been raking the money in and leveraged the CBA time when you didn't have to spend to the cap.

Next year is starting painful for us Jaguars fans.  I look at the roster and see a mere handful of quality players.  We need a A++ off season to get a sniff at a .500 record in 2016.

Both lines are well below average.  The LT position needs serious power lifting to overcome being susceptible to bull rushes.  The defensive line would be poor.  This team could have 3 and 35 and still give up the first down.  The game plans are poor and they reflect a serious lack of studying the opponents tendencies and strengths.  There have been no half time adjustments for the entire tenure of this head coach.  It is like they are coaching against themselves.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

The HC is already paid for and the ticket sales aren't sold out, so he figures why not give Gus another year... on a business sense (as far as the owner making the most profit) it would make sense, since no Andy Reid or better proven HC is available.

Quote:A bad call in the Baltimore game and a late punt return at home against Tennessee "saved" Gus from another 3 win campaign.

Maybe I just expect too much...

Very true.

Khan's business plan of wowing and wooing fans with stadium upgrades and big fancy scoreboards has worked. His investment has grown, but it's ready to lay an egg next season. There will be the typical preseason hype, hope and anticipation. Then we'll lose the first game in embarrassing fashion, Gus will hem and haw about 'missed opportuny' and soon after we'll be back in tarpland. Khan has done an admirable job of keeping the money up with bright lights and distractions, but this fan base is utterly burnt out. As they say; nothing personal, it's just business. As purely a financial decision, I choose not to spend my money on an entertainment option that is almost guaranteed to cause me frustration and disappointment. Simple as that. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Quote:There have been no half time adjustments for the entire tenure of this head coach.  It is like they are coaching against themselves.

That's probably the one thing that bothers me the most.

Well that, and ALWAYS starting games out flat and uninspired. Always being down early in games(Besides the Bills game which we nearly lost).

We literally never come out, have a nice sustained opening drive on offense, get a nice stop on defense, and go back and put some more points on the board. Never.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Extremely winnable division: Jaguars win five games.  They will probably never have such an opportunity again.

Also, I'm wondering how much of this "improvement" can be attributed to their bad schedule and lackluster NFL overall.

Well, Khan has never seen five wins before so he's probably stoked.

Quote:Extremely winnable division: Jaguars win five games. They will probably never have such an opportunity again.

Also, I'm wondering how much of this "improvement" can be attributed to their bad schedule and lackluster NFL overall.

Well, Khan has never seen five wins before so he's probably stoked.

Yup, if it was anytime to win the division it was this year unless you have Gus that is.

Can I state that we are tanking just so I don't have to think about the Jags organization as being this pathetic? 

Given the recent results, please tell me we're not trying to win.   :mellow:

Khan sees the improvement in his bank account. Does he really care about anything else? I dunno, but it seems like he's willing to take the long view on this. Maybe another year doesn't hurt in the 5 year view, but the immediate pain is what bugs all of us.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Khan should get with Caldwell and ensure an able assistant coach is hired in the off season. Then they'll have someone to step into the breech after Gus gets fired for losing the first four games of the season.
You mean like Doug Marone

Quote:You mean like Doug Marone

Marrone is headed to greener pastures.