Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian McCaffrey

Why are you guys only comparing him to white players?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This guy has 645 receiving yards this season and over 1,000 return yards (in addition to his 2,000+ rushing yards). BB would utilize this dude as an all purpose player. Heck, Julian Edelman played QB in College.

Julian Edelman was a 7th round pick. I just don't see BB picking a guy like McCaffrey that high. Its not his way.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 02:15 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:Julian Edelman was a 7th round pick. I just don't see BB picking a guy like McCaffrey that high. Its not his way.

"... a guy like McCaffrey..."?????    Have you seen him play?    I'm not sure he won't go in the top 20 picks.   He's easily the best player in college football, and he fits perfectly what pro teams are looking for in backs these days.   He can run, he can catch.  He's elusive.  He's fast.   He's got ankle-breaking moves in the open field.  He can score on any play.  He's as good as any running back  I've seen in several years. 

Have you actually seen him play? 

Quote:Why are you guys only comparing him to white players?

People compare other people that look the same. Just so happens that white players look like other white players, I don't think anyone means anything by it.

Having said that in terms of ability he's a Reggie Bush clone.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 02:36 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:"... a guy like McCaffrey..."????? Have you seen him play? I'm not sure he won't go in the top 20 picks. He's easily the best player in college football, and he fits perfectly what pro teams are looking for in backs these days. He can run, he can catch. He's elusive. He's fast. He's got ankle-breaking moves in the open field. He can score on any play. He's as good as any running back I've seen in several years.

Have you actually seen him play?
Yes a guy like Mccaffrey.McCaffrey's a crazy good player as you have fully described in your misjudged reply but I don't see BB picking him,not really his style to pick flashy skill players highly in the draft. Few in the 2nd round like Gronk ,Vereen etc etc but very rarely in the 1st.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 02:44 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:People compare other people that look the same. Just so happens that white players look like other white players, I don't think anyone means anything by it.

Having said that in terms of ability he's a Reggie Bush clone.

They may not mean it, but it's something I see so often, and really it's racist.   It's the idea that his overriding characteristic is his skin color.  

For years, whenever a black QB came into the league, all the pundits would compare him to Randall Cunningham.   It's the same thing. 

Quote:I think he'd be deadly in our offense because of Bortles. He'd be Walters on steroids. We'd use him as a compliment to Yeldon and as a slot receiver.
Only if Bortles learns to take what the defense gives him.

He's the real OW

genetics can be amazing... sometimes

[Image: 200.gif]

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:They may not mean it, but it's something I see so often, and really it's racist.   It's the idea that his overriding characteristic is his skin color.  

For years, whenever a black QB came into the league, all the pundits would compare him to Randall Cunningham.   It's the same thing. 
Yeah, I understand, and I think you have a valid point.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

It's like every white defensive end or d lineman is called a JJ Watt player. It just happens. Heck I was called myhigh schools football teams Wes Welker and I played linebacker at 6ft 200. It's weird
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 02:28 PM by badger.)

Danny Woodhead type

a quicker Toby Gerhart with better speed. haha

Quote:Danny Woodhead type

a quicker Toby Gerhart with better speed. haha

Exactly.  I was gonna say, think of Toby Gerhart.  Got that picture in your mind?   The way he plays?    McCaffrey is the opposite of that. 

Quote:Exactly.  I was gonna say, think of Toby Gerhart.  Got that picture in your mind?   The way he plays?    McCaffrey is the opposite of that. 

similar to Doug Flutie but at a different position and totally different player

Honestly, when I see him I see Darren Sproles.

I think he benefits some due to Stanford's commitment to the running game, so I'm not so certain how he will work in the tight spaces that are prevalent in the NFL but once you get him in the open field he has the quickness and speed to break apart a Defense. I think he is probably the absolute best option for a "compliment" back in the Running Back by committee approach when you pair him with a back who is a little more comfortable working with less space.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6sZfvxm1k

I cannot see a linebacker covering this guy.  Impossible.  

Hopefully his younger brother ends up just as good.

Lol at looking like Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush.

He is a decent back. I didn't see any hard cuts. He takes choppy steps, instead of 1 cut.

Pretty good football player.

Quote:Lol at looking like Barry Sanders and Reggie Bush.

He is a decent back. I didn't see any hard cuts. He takes choppy steps, instead of 1 cut.

Pretty good football player.

he's not capable of being as explosive as a black player. that's just science.

Quote:he's not capable of being as explosive as a black player. that's just science.

The wisdom of Ron Burgundy.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!