Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 17 Inactives

For the last time this season I'll attempt to project the gameday inactives...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

RB TJ Yeldon

LB Telvin Smith

RT Jermey Parnell

LB Hayes Pullard

G Tyler Shatley

DE Chris Smith

TE Nic Jacobs

The plan all week was to sit Yeldon to let his knee heal with DRob and Jonas Gray getting more time to show something. Telvin Smith might actually play if this were for the playoffs, but with a separated shoulder being the kind of injury that can worse with on bad hit the wise option here is to rest their most valuable defensive player. Both Yeldon and Smith have been ruled out.

Parnell and Pullard are gameday decisions with a hamstring, but I suspect they'll both miss the game. Gus has been talking about Young playing this week and he's been getting all the snaps at RT. Playing into this may be that Parnell has looked a bit iffy in pass protection the past few weeks. Last week vs the Saints Pullard was basically garbage. He's the backup WLB, but with Tripp looking so good coming in at MLB for Poz, I think they want to get a look at Tripp over Pullard at LB. The Pullard injury gives them a good excuse to go there.

Typically Bowanko has been the healthy scratch over Shatley, but if Parnell does miss the game, and with Joekel playing through a couple injuries of his own, I suspect they'll want Bowanko active as an emergency OT option. Chris Smith and Nic Jacobs are most likely additional healthy scratchees.

Of note, you may have noticed Abry Jones listed as out, but he's actually been placed on IR with Richard Ash taking his spot on the roster.

TEXANS INACTIVES

OLB Jadaveon Clowney

WR Cecil Shorts III

DE Jeoffrey Pagan

G Oday Aboushi

CB Darryl Morris

QB BJ Daniels

ILB Brian Peters

Clowney and Shorts are the only players definitely out for this game. Pagan was limited in practice with an illness, and it looks like they're going to hold him out. A slew of players resting injuries early this week are listed as probable and should play. A few of them, however, were still limited in practice on Friday including TE Ryan Griffin, C Ben Jones, T Derek Newton and ILB Brian Peters. I'm presuming most, if not all, will play.

This leaves the Texans with four healthy scratches. Aboushi and Morris were their only healthy scratches last week so they're proably inactive again this week. With Hoyer back and Weeden behind him, they won't need Daniels active. For the final inactive I'll go with Peters as he was limited in practice and is buried deep on their depth chart.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ready for the tank to pick it would seem.  Heck why bother.  I wonder if the coaching staff will be gone by this time next year.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Watt matched up against Young does not make me feel comfortable

I saw at the bottom of my screen T.J. Yeldon is ruled out. There was no word on Telvin Smith.

I want to give Denard one last shot to see what he's got. The last 2 weeks he's looked horrible

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I want to give Denard one last shot to see what he's got. The last 2 weeks he's looked horrible

He will get his shot with Yeldon out. But I would not judge him on two bad games when he has been pretty good in others.

Quote:He will get his shot with Yeldon out. But I would not judge him on two bad games when he has been pretty good in others.
\

He's had ball security issues all along. We know who Denard is. I'm hoping to get a really good look at Jonas Gray.

'02

Quote:I saw at the bottom of my screen T.J. Yeldon is ruled out. There was no word on Telvin Smith.

You should complain to them for not telling you everything. Telvin Smith has been ruled out as well.

'02

Quote:You should complain to them for not telling you everything. Telvin Smith has been ruled out as well.

That's what I was thinking. They report two Carolina running backs are out, but only one Jaguars player? Ridiculous.

ESPN also only reported one Patriots injury, Julian Edelman. That does not make any sense.

So I was wrong about two Jaguars, those being Hayes Pullard and Tyler Shatley. I was correct that Bowanko would be active with Parnell out and Joekel somewhat gimply, however, they kept Shatley active choosing to deactivate Bryan Walters instead. Does this say something about their intentions to bring back Walters, or should I say lack of intentions? They also kept Pullard active saying he'll get his second straight start. I thought for sure they saw enough of him playing last week. From my perspective he appeared to be an utter disaster with  no business stepping on the field, and he's playing gimpy to boot.

For the Texans I missed the last three. Instead of Morris, Daniels and Peters being out, they've scratched FS Rahim Moore, TE Garrett Graham and LB Justin Tuggle.

'02