Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles TD breakdown (from Reddit)

I can't post it over here because Reddit format stuff weirdly but some guy has posted a pretty nice breakdown on Bortles passing touchdowns this year with gifs of each play.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3z...weeks_116/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can't post it over here because Reddit format stuff weirdly but some guy has posted a pretty nice breakdown on Bortles passing touchdowns this year with gifs of each play.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3z...weeks_116/

That guy did a great job amassing the material. Going through the gifs it's hard to understand where someone would think Bortles is padding stats in garbage time. A lot of his TDs happened in the second halves of games, but very few of them were taking place under circumstances that the Jaguars didn't still have a real shot to win the games. The two TDs in the patriots game were garbage time, and maybe one in the Saints game. that's pretty much it.

Looking at the gifs, I love me some Hurnsy 

Garbage time or not, we've never had a QB like BBTD. We've played a lot of garbage time in the past, and guys like garrard, lemon, mccown, edwards, gray, gabbert, etc couldn't sniff these numbers. Blake and the Allens make it happen.

Ps. Didn't add Brunell because he and thunder and Lightning played in a different era now. Just imagine what they could do in their primes today.

That was so cool.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Can't stop watching #16. Hurns route is beautiful.

Amazing reddit post. I like seeing his behaviors on these TD passes. A large portion of his redzone throw success seems to be how quickly he delivers the ball to the receiver after the snap. No hesitation and he puts some juice on it. Guess what his major progress this year was? Faster/more efficient throwing motion. It seems to be the difference which has allowed Bortles' to rack up some serious numbers. 

Also you can see from TD 1 to 35 just how much better over the season the ball placement has been. Not only for the receiver to catch the ball but to make sure the defender doesn't atleast have a chance on it. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:Amazing reddit post. I like seeing his behaviors on these TD passes. A large portion of his redzone throw success seems to be how quickly he delivers the ball to the receiver after the snap. No hesitation and he puts some juice on it. Guess what his major progress this year was? Faster/more efficient throwing motion. It seems to be the difference which has allowed Bortles' to rack up some serious numbers.

Also you can see from TD 1 to 35 just how much better over the season the ball placement has been. Not only for the receiver to catch the ball but to make sure the defender doesn't atleast have a chance on it.

I think we'll start seeing even more YAC next year if bortles continues to improve the placement. That'll shoot his yards up even higher.

Quote:Can't stop watching #16. Hurns route is beautiful.
Super smooth. Cromartie didnt stand a chance.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016, 05:07 PM by goJags74.)

I don't buy the garbage time stuff. Most of the so called Garbage time touchdowns are < 20 yards or less. I would argue that the field position does not make the defense soft. 

Also if you look at the loss against SD, TB, TEN, NYJ, ATL, CAR if we get the onside kick recovered, we will be in a position to win the game.  I am sure the defense is pretty aware of that. 

My one concerns is the release could be tighter on some throws. Also decision making looks good overall on the TDs but if it can be improved that may offset the release issues if any. 

Thanks for posting.  This proves the whole "garbage time TDs" argument is just that..garbage.  Only 5 of the 35 TDs would be considered garbage time TDs when you factor the time and circumstances of each of those games.

Hurns is the real deal

Bortles is the youngest QB ever to post 4000+ yards, 35+ TDs and 300+ rush yards at age 23.

Quote:I don't buy the garbage time stuff. Most of the so called Garbage time touchdowns are < 20 yards or less. I would argue that the field position does not make the defense soft. 

Also if you look at the loss against SD, TB, TEN, NYJ, ATL, CAR if we get the onside kick recovered, we will be in a position to win the game.  I am sure the defense is pretty aware of that. 

My one concerns is the release could be tighter on some throws. Also decision making looks good overall on the TDs but if it can be improved that may offset the release issues if any. 
Bortles has had very little garbage time. No more than 90% of QBs in the league.

People who say the Texans or Bucs games where garbage time are wrong. Look at Indy vs Carolina. You could easily take Luck's stats as garbage time as it happened but they ended up taking the game to overtime.