Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars 2016 Free Agents

Quote:Chase Daniel is miles better than Henne. Drew Stanton and Case Keenum at least edge out Henne. Michael Vick might be a little questionable at this point, but I'd still take him over Henne.
From a franchise standpoint, we don't need Vick here

From a fan's standpoint? I'd buy a Vick Jaguars jersey just to say I have one.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who to keep... who to let walk...

UFAs

P Bryan Anger - We may have to use franchise tag at around $4.5 mil for the season -
Dave should be fired on the spot if he does this

WR Bryan Walters - Hopefully the team's #3 WR re-signs early -
Yes. Low cost, but versatile reliable player

TE Marcedes Lewis - The opportunity to play out his carreer with the Jaguars should make Lewis fairly easy to re-sign. Meester is the longest tenured Jaguar at 14 years. Next year would be Lewis' 11th season.
Thought he has one year left after the extension?

TE Clay Harbor - Underutilized this past year, Clay is a decent TE we should try to keep
See Walters

C Stephen Wisniewski - We might let him test free agency since in a worst case scenario we still have Bowanko, and then look to re-sign cheap if Jaguars can't land a free agent center. Keep in mind that Wiz is still young at 26. Other options include Cards longtime starting Center Lyle Sendlein, age 31, and the Rams new starter this season, Tim Barnes. Browns Center Alex Mack is set to make $8 mil next year, however, he has an option to opt out and become a free agent should he feel he can do better. Given such slim pickings, allowing Wiz to test free agency is a tough call. These are the only starters hitting free agency.
Keep if there's value

OT Sam Young - The massive LT provides decent depth depth at tackle and has been active all season, however, he's going into his 7th season and the Jaguars have a younger, quicker LT coming off IR in Josh Wells. I see Caldwell making him a fair offer while letting him walk if he's looking for more.
Bye

RB Bernard Pierce - With the addition of Jonas Gray and knowing that Corey Grant is coming off IR, I don't see Caldwell going out of his way to re-sign Pierce. However, the RB might become more attractive should the Jaguars part with Gerhart and the $3.5 mil in new money that Gerhart is due if kept for 2016.
Bye

QB Chad Henne - Surely the Jaguars can do better for their money here. Brock Osweiler, Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chase Daniel, Drew Stanton, Michael Vick and Case Keenum are all set to hit free agency.
Chad will be back

DE Andre Branch - While Branch finally made a few impressive plays as of late, there is such a thing as too little, too late. Branch is simply not a good fit for Bradley's scheme, and I see Caldwell letting the former Gene Smith draft pick walk.
Gone

RFAs

Abry Jones - Jones is a must keep wherein he'll probably get a 2nd round tender worth about $2.5 mil.
He'll be back

Ryan Davis - Davis may be the team's best pass rushing DE after Fowler and might as well be worth a 2nd round tender.
Hopefully back

Joplo Bartu - I don't see him getting a qualifying offer for an RFA, however, the team may be able to re-sign him for the veteran minimum which in his case would be $675,000.

ERFAs

Jonas Gray - I definitely see him getting a minimum offer of $600,000.
Worth a flyer

Nic Jacobs - He's shown flashes and probably has earned himself the same minimum offer. 

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jags02" data-cid="663853" data-time="1451616313">
<div>
Who to keep... who to let walk...

UFAs

P Bryan Anger - We may have to use franchise tag at around $4.5 mil for the season -
Dave should be fired on the spot if he does this

WR Bryan Walters - Hopefully the team's #3 WR re-signs early -
Yes. Low cost, but versatile reliable player

TE Marcedes Lewis - The opportunity to play out his carreer with the Jaguars should make Lewis fairly easy to re-sign. Meester is the longest tenured Jaguar at 14 years. Next year would be Lewis' 11th season.
Thought he has one year left after the extension?

QB Chad Henne - Surely the Jaguars can do better for their money here. Brock Osweiler, Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chase Daniel, Drew Stanton, Michael Vick and Case Keenum are all set to hit free agency.
Chad will be back

I can't believe I even said that about Anger. He'll get some thing like $1.5 to $2 mil per year, but a franchise tag would make him the richest punter in the league at $4.5 mil for the year.

I sense they're going to let Walters hit free agency where he'll get scooped up. He was inactive in the last game, and the Jaguars are looking rather stacked at the position with ARob, Hurns, Greene, Lee. Benn and Sterling. <strong>Walters was a good route runner with golden hands and always knew precisely where the first down marker was, however, his inability to pick up YAC makes him expendable. While I indicated I hope they bring him back and still do, the Jaguars actions, which include naming Sterling their #5 WR, are making me think they won't.
</strong>

Marcedes restructured the last year of his deal wherein I'm thinking he basically took a huge pay cut to stick around. His cap hit was sliced from $8.2 mil to $3.85 mil including a $2 mil base salary. Reportedly the team intends to extend him this offseason. 

Why do you think Henne will be back? I'd much rather see someone at his spot who actually provides the Jaguars a chance to win a game should Blake go down.

</div>
</blockquote>
'02