Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bad news for Watson

Quote:This is going pretty circular. I'm not going to convince you, and you aren't going to convince me. I think Watson a 2nd-3rd round talent that's getting a lot of attention based mostly on the alabama game. I still think someone will take him in the first though. We'll have to revisit this player in a year or 2, see how he's doing.

I think your right. It's hard to grade out the talent of the QB it's the hardest position to do. Tom Brady 199th pick, Mark Sanchez 1st round grade, Blaine Gabbert 1st rounder, Dak Prescott 3rd I think. Yet Dak keeps Dallas in games, he can't beat you with his arm just his will to win and obviously that line and he allows the team to win and keeps them in games. It's hard to say with Watson because if he goes to Cleveland with the 12th pick or a team like the Chargers or a team with a great support around him it affects him. Dak was put in the right system for I'm to succeed and Blaine Gabbert was not or Mark Sanchez

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think your right. It's hard to grade out the talent of the QB it's the hardest position to do. Tom Brady 199th pick, Mark Sanchez 1st round grade, Blaine Gabbert 1st rounder, Dak Prescott 3rd I think. Yet Dak keeps Dallas in games, he can't beat you with his arm just his will to win and obviously that line and he allows the team to win and keeps them in games. It's hard to say with Watson because if he goes to Cleveland with the 12th pick or a team like the Chargers or a team with a great support around him it affects him. Dak was put in the right system for I'm to succeed and Blaine Gabbert was not or Mark Sanchez
Dak was also a fringe 1st/early 2nd QB by most people until he was popped for the DUI a month before the draft. He's not really a fair example of a true late round gem. 

[quote name="Samjag904" post="985627" timestamp="1489954152"]Clemson beat FSU, Watson did not beat Ramsey. If you really want to just go off team performance, that's just so insane that there's nothing left to say. 

ok did Jalen ever beat Watson in that game? Yes he had great stops but how did Jalen effect the outcome of this game compared to Watson. Watson effects every game he's in.

Quote:[quote name="Samjag904" post="985627" timestamp="1489954152"]Clemson beat FSU, Watson did not beat Ramsey. If you really want to just go off team performance, that's just so insane that there's nothing left to say. 

ok did Jalen ever beat Watson in that game? Yes he had great stops but how did Jalen effect the outcome of this game compared to Watson. Watson effects every game he's in.
I would hope that a quarterback would have more impact in a game than a corner considering he touches half the snaps in every game. You're right though, we need impact players that have shown to have a huge effect on the games they play, we should draft 7 quarterbacks. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Dak was also a fringe 1st/early 2nd QB by most people until he was popped for the DUI a month before the draft. He's not really a fair example of a true late round gem.

I no that, I never said Dak was a 3rd round grade but he went there. He was more of a 2 round grade but he is a great example because do you think he would win games like he did with the Cleveland Brown? No he is in the right system. Back to Watson, the question is if we sit at 4, would he succeed with the jags and I don't think he would.

Quote:I would hope that a quarterback would have more impact in a game than a corner considering he touches half the snaps in every game. You're right though, we need impact players that have shown to have a huge effect on the games they play, we should draft 7 quarterbacks.

The sexy pick is not always the best. That's all I'm saying why would you draft 7 QBs? I know your being sarcastic but why would you say that?

Quote:The sexy pick is not always the best. That's all I'm saying why would you draft 7 QBs? I know your being sarcastic but why would you say that?
To illustrate that different positions have different levels of impact on the game so using that as any kind of metric is kind of silly. Brock Osweiler has a huge impact on every game he starts, but he sucks. 

I don't think Watson would succeed in Jax at all. He's an interception machine at this point in his career. If he sits for a few years and learns to read a defense, learns to look defenders off, and learns not to force it into double coverage, he might be good, but if you throw 30 picks in 2 years in college, can you imagine what will happen in the pros? Bortles threw 19 in 2 years. When was the last time we had a NFL QB with this many picks coming in? Brady also threw 19, Peyton has 23... 30 is just scary bad.

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

You over read what I said. Of course the QB has the most impact on a game regardless the outcome. All I said was our 4th pick will be more impactful with an offensive player than a defensive player as to winning games. I really want a O-lineman as our first pick but would have to trade down to get it. Please show me where i said the QB position is the most important position. This whole thing started with a valid and true statement. Who did Watson go against with someone questioning Watsons opponents and I stated who Watson played and beat and he's gone against the very best the last 2 years both DB and D-line, to say Watson didn't beat Malik or Jalen is false. At the end of the day who won the game. Thank you and good day.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 05:31 PM by Samjag904.)

Yawn. I should have stopped when I saw this was going circular. 

Quote:I'm starting to think your falling in that special category...

Pay attention - how do you know if the guy who was holding the radar gun measured him throwing a fade route or a fly pattern? Or did he clock him throwing a square in from 15 yards or 20?

You can't just say, we'll he threw 49 mph...

A scout who gets paid a ton of money has said velocity is not a problem bc whenever he needs to rip it, he can rip it.

So again, we don't know what routes he was clocked on.

I fairly sure they use the same throw with all the qbs, and it's no fade pass. They're testing how fast a guy can throw.

If you think they just randomly pick throws to time, then you'll have to somehow prove as much to me.

'02

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 07:39 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:To illustrate that different positions have different levels of impact on the game so using that as any kind of metric is kind of silly. Brock Osweiler has a huge impact on every game he starts, but he sucks. 

I don't think Watson would succeed in Jax at all. He's an interception machine at this point in his career. If he sits for a few years and learns to read a defense, learns to look defenders off, and learns not to force it into double coverage, he might be good, but if you throw 30 picks in 2 years in college, can you imagine what will happen in the pros? Bortles threw 19 in 2 years. When was the last time we had a NFL QB with this many picks coming in? Brady also threw 19, Peyton has 23... 30 is just scary bad.
Watsons threw picks on 2.5% of his passes during his college career. Definitely something he needs to work on but its not that a bad of a problem when you factor in how much he threw the ball too.

Quote:Watsons threw picks on 2.5% of his passes during his college career. Definitely something he needs to work on but its not that a bad of a problem when you factor in how much he threw the ball too.
woops, you're actually right, i don't know why i calculated that off roughly 800 attempts. Either way 30 ints in 2 years is horrendous. The worst I can even find among nfl starters is Matt Ryan throwing 29 in 2 years, but that's an outlier for sure.

Quote:woops, you're actually right, i don't know why i calculated that off roughly 800 attempts. Either way 30 ints in 2 years is horrendous. The worst I can even find among nfl starters is Matt Ryan throwing 29 in 2 years, but that's an outlier for sure.
Big Ben, Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Tony Romo, Brady, Ryan Tannehill, Eli Manning, Jamesis Winston and a few others all had a worse or at least extremely similar interception rate to Watson in college. 

This thread will ruin me if Watsons busts!

Quote:This thread will ruin me if Watsons busts!
He's the one I worry about the least for busting. At the same time, he's the one I worry about the most for turning into a bonafide SB caliber QB. 

Quote:He's the one I worry about the least for busting. At the same time, he's the one I worry about the most for turning into a bonafide SB caliber QB.

I think all those 4 guys will be starting QBs for the next few years. Trubisky has the highest bust factor by far for me.

Quote:This thread will ruin me if Watsons busts!
I'll put my name on it actually. Ill change my signature to say calling Deshawn Watson a bust since 3/19/17. If I am wrong, I will happily eat crow and leave it in there. I smell Geno Smith, I smell backup qb or low end starter. He might do well in the first year though, seen that pattern a lot, guys who light it up rookie year then vanish like VY, RG3, Kaepernick (2nd year i know), once teams figured out what their game was, it was never the same. Lets revisit this in a year or two Big Grin

Quote:I'll put my name on it actually. Ill change my signature to say calling Deshawn Watson a bust since 3/19/17. If I am wrong, I will happily eat crow and leave it in there. I smell Geno Smith, I smell backup qb or low end starter. He might do well in the first year though, seen that pattern a lot, guys who light it up rookie year then vanish like VY, RG3, Kaepernick (2nd year i know), once teams figured out what their game was, it was never the same. Lets revisit this in a year or two Big Grin
I'll throw down too! No problem laughing at myself If im wrong but It'll be fun to watch him play and come back to this thread to mock each other. Setting myself up for an almighty fall but I'm ready fo it.

Quote:Yup here's one of his many interceptions. A lot of his picks weren't his fault but this one clearly is. I never said he pick Malik hooker apart I just said he beat him
On this pic the receiver could of ran the route wrong.  And looked like was going to cut and didnt and Hooker made the play. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I'll put my name on it actually. Ill change my signature to say calling Deshawn Watson a bust since 3/19/17. If I am wrong, I will happily eat crow and leave it in there. I smell Geno Smith, I smell backup qb or low end starter. He might do well in the first year though, seen that pattern a lot, guys who light it up rookie year then vanish like VY, RG3, Kaepernick (2nd year i know), once teams figured out what their game was, it was never the same. Lets revisit this in a year or two Big Grin
The difference is this.  When Smith played?  Was not in playoffs nor win it all.  Watson has.  And with Clemson none the less.  Not Georgia, Not Alabama, Not Tennessee, Not Florida, Not LSU. Clemson.   

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags