Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nice season, next year really is our year

Quote:Gus has showed he can coach.
[Image: oh-really-tell-me-more-thumb.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And the Falcons, Chargers, Jets and Bucs in down years.

Lol@ Jets in a down year. They are 8-5.

Also the Chargers have Rivers, so now matter what their record shows, they always have a shot with him under center. The Bucs have a strong team and are no push over. And the Falcons have Julio Jones and a good running back. They started out 5-0.

I'm not making excuses. But 2016 is our year.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JagFanatic24" data-cid="658448" data-time="1450649303">

Gus has showed he can coach.
[Image: oh-really-tell-me-more-thumb.jpg]</blockquote>

When he challenged a call last week.

Everyone on the offensive line is replaceable except for Linder.  Cann is fine but as a rookie you expect him to improve so no reason to rush to replace him.  Parnell is average and replaceable.  Joeckel is average and replaceable, but gets more negative attention since he was drafted high.  Wiz is average.  Beadles is lousy but wont be here next year.  Replacing Beadles with Linder is a big upgrade.  I think the line will look a lot better with that one swap.  If you could put a great center in between Linder and Cann, I think our offensive line would take off next season.  

Quote:When he challenged a call last week.

You've set quite the low bar.

Do you guys think 2016 will not be our year to make the playoffs?

Some of yall are acting like we won't.

Quote:You've set quite the low bar.

No I haven't. I gave an example.

We came out of the tunnel last week and dropped 50 plus. He has showed that he can make adjustments.

Quote:This year was our year. Never again will the stars align like they did this year.
Bingo. Anything to the contrary is just extraneous noise. This was the year to make a run and save Gus' job. He didn't get it done
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Bingo. Anything to the contrary is just extraneous noise. This was the year to make a run and save Gus' job. He didn't get it done

Myers didn't get it done up in Indy. Gus didn't miss the kick. Myers did.

Marshall muffed the punt up in NY, not Gus.

Grant fumbled against Tampa, not Gus.

Quote:Bingo. Anything to the contrary is just extraneous noise. This was the year to make a run and save Gus' job. He didn't get it done

We need to beat them at their best anyway. We don't need to beat back ups to be a championship team.

Quote:Lol@ Jets in a down year. They are 8-5.

Also the Chargers have Rivers, so now matter what their record shows, they always have a shot with him under center. The Bucs have a strong team and are no push over. And the Falcons have Julio Jones and a good running back. They started out 5-0.

I'm not making excuses. But 2016 is our year.

You're totally making excuses.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You're totally making excuses.

No I'm not.

Quote:Do you guys think 2016 will not be our year to make the playoffs?

If we do it's in spite of Gus.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No I'm not.

Yes you are. This team struggles to be competitive with the dregs and that's all, every bit, on Gus.

Quote:Do you guys think 2016 will not be our year to make the playoffs?

It should be.  With Fowler coming back thats like two first rounders.  The offense should only get better.  Hopefully we'll add a bunch of quality defensive players.

I fully expect Gus to survive one more season.  But if no playoffs next year, I think he is a goner.

Quote:Yes you are. This team struggles to be competitive with the dregs and that's all, every bit, on Gus.

Nah

Quote:Nah

Really? we just lost to that Falcons. We've lost to the tacks, Jets, Chargers, and clots without Luck. This team needs an enema.

Quote:Myers didn't get it done up in Indy. Gus didn't miss the kick. Myers did.

1. Didn't miss the kicks but we should have won easily against Matt Hasselbeck at 40. Also their only TD was surrendered because we still don't know how to play defense legally and gave them 60+ yards in penalties on one drive. His culture of zero accountability is undoubtedly at least partially to blame.

2. Who's decision is it to have an UDFA rookie, college QB on punt return at a CRITICAL juncture in the game???

3. Who's decision is it to give critical 4th quarter carries to an UDFA RB, let alone give up 38 to a rookie QB???
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Myers didn't get it done up in Indy. Gus didn't miss the kick. Myers did.

A good coach can get their players to overcome bad plays. Instead, Gus has lead this team into difficult situations where the players are expected to be perfect to overcome poor play calling and scheming.

Quote:A good coach can get their players to overcome bad plays. Instead, Gus has lead this team into difficult situations where the players are expected to be perfect to overcome poor play calling and scheming.

Gus makes good players worse.