Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nice season, next year really is our year

Quote:We're drafting a CB in the first round. And a FS in the 2nd round.

Fowler is our DE that everybody is wanting.

And Marks is the DT we need.

Then we will get a LB and another SS.

In FA we will get our center and depth.

I would love an upgrade at Center (Mack) but I imagine a great investment will be made on the defensive side of the ball as well. There are some really quality players available at OTTO, LEO and FS.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 11:10 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:I would love an upgrade at Center (Mack) but I imagine a great investment will be made on the defensive side of the ball as well. There are some really quality players available at OTTO, LEO and FS.
I can assure you Caldwell will load up with defense via the draft and FA.

We just need Mack on offense. And a healthy Linder.

Linder and Mack will set the offense.

All defense from that point.

Nobody can say for certain that Fowler Jr will be what we all hoped (and some players never truly come back the same after an ACL).

Marks is now injury prone, hopefully he will be lucky next year and remain healthy (but i hate to admit that the odds are now against him remain healthy for a whole year).

I hope we draft a great CB in this draft as the team really needs one!

I dont think they will draft another SS, but maybe I am wrong (They drafted/signed like 4 in 3 years) & they truly believe in Cyprien even if a lot of fans don't. 

A LB might be drafted as Poz is aging and also becoming injury prone as he increases in age & Skuta hasnt been everything they had hoped either, plus they need depth at LB.

They will most likely stay with the center they have, hopefully they'll work out that snap thing... I expect a LT might be picked up though.

Quote:I can assure you Caldwell will load up with defense via the draft and FA.

We just need Mack on offense.
Yeah I definitely think Caldwell will make a play for Mack and I wouldn't mind him making a play on Alshon Jeffery either. Could you imagine how much damage Hurns could do from the slot? It should be fun to see how it plays out. One thing that I have to applaud Caldwell and Khan for is that they havent sat on their hands when upgrades are available.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Nothing will matter if the poisonous head coach is not fired

Winner Winner chicken dinner.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2015, 11:55 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

We're taking a LT or Dlineman with our pick in the 1st round

Quote:Yeah I definitely think Caldwell will make a play for Mack and I wouldn't mind him making a play on Alshon Jeffery either. Could you imagine how much damage Hurns could do from the slot? It should be fun to see how it plays out. One thing that I have to applaud Caldwell and Khan for is that they havent sat on their hands when upgrades are available.

Why all the love for wanting another WR?  There are many other areas on the team that need addressed before we think about WRs.

Quote:Why all the love for wanting another WR?  There are many other areas on the team that need addressed before we think about WRs.

I'm of the mindset that you work to improve the team any way you can. Jeffery is an elite young talent and players of his ilk don't hit market very often. Why not take a shot? As good as ARob and Hurns have been, you can't deny all 3 together would be lethal, plus it's not like we're cap strapped.

Quote:I'm of the mindset that you work to improve the team any way you can. Jeffery is an elite young talent and players of his ilk don't hit market very often. Why not take a shot? As good as ARob and Hurns have been, you can't deny all 3 together would be lethal, plus it's not like we're cap strapped.

It's a luxury for sure and if I had nothing better to do then go for it.  But we nearly have two 1,000 yard receivers, we have a Pro-Bowl level catching TE whose starting to earn his pay check, we have a reliable possession receiver in Walters and we have a lot of potential in Greene.

Of all the areas that need help on the team, I've got to imagine the receiving corps is close to last.

Give me a...

LT, LG, C, DE, LB x2, CB, SS, FS, K and then let's start thinking about another WR.

If Gus is still here next season, I fully expect a losing season.  

Quote:It's a luxury for sure and if I had nothing better to do then go for it.  But we nearly have two 1,000 yard receivers, we have a Pro-Bowl level catching TE whose starting to earn his pay check, we have a reliable possession receiver in Walters and we have a lot of potential in Greene.

Of all the areas that need help on the team, I've got to imagine the receiving corps is close to last.

Give me a...

LT, LG, C, DE, LB x2, CB, SS, FS, K and then let's start thinking about another WR.

For my money I'd rank our needs as follows.

1. FS

2. LEO

3. Center

4. SS

5. OTTO

6. CB

7. LT

8. K

Anything outside of that is just gravy, but I think we could stand to seriously upgrade at the top 4 spots.

All you Gus lovers need to tell us again how we should've kept Dead Fish since we're so much worse off without him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I like Gus Bradley he's a nice guy seems that the players like him for the most part, but winning less than .250% total for 3 years is unacceptable.

Unless he had a huge influence on the guys that were drafted I really struggle to figure out why he would get a 4th year.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2015, 01:32 AM by D6.)

Quote:I'm of the mindset that you work to improve the team any way you can. Jeffery is an elite young talent and players of his ilk don't hit market very often. Why not take a shot? As good as ARob and Hurns have been, you can't deny all 3 together would be lethal, plus it's not like we're cap strapped.

I would be thrilled if Alshon Jeffery became an UFA and left Chicago.  Realistically though,  I can't envision this happening barring something totally out of the norm.   Jeffrey could easily be the Bears best player.   On top of that,  they have a multitude of salary cap space.    When Jeffrey was sidelined with a hamstring injury in Minnesota yesterday,   the Bears Offense struggled until the Vikings had a 3 TD lead and they were focusing more on the clock running.     I'm confident the Bears will use the Franchise Tag on Jeffrey if necessary.   

We can talk about reupholstering the seats, waxing the hull, and jacking the horsepower up all we want, but Gus Bradley is the hole where all the water will seep in and sink the boat no matter what the improvements.

Quote:I would be thrilled if Alshon Jeffery became an UFA and left Chicago.  Realistically though,  I can't envision this happening barring something totally out of the norm.   Jeffrey could easily be the Bears best player.   On top of that,  they have a multitude of salary cap space.    When Jeffrey was sidelined with a hamstring injury in Minnesota yesterday,   the Bears Offense struggled until the Vikings had a 3 TD lead and they were focusing more on the clock running.     I'm confident the Bears will use the Franchise Tag on Jeffrey if necessary.

That's probably true as well, but if he were to come available, it wouldn't hurt to kick the tires. Caldwell has shown a willingness to reach out to a lot of guys, even if they don't end up signing (Mack, Cobb, McCourtey, Murray)

Quote:So many weapons on offense.

Allen Robinson

Allen Hurns

Julius Thomas

TJ Yeldon

Dennard Robinson

Brandon Linder

Rashad Greene

AJ Cann

TJ Yeldon

Luke quietly put together a solid year.

AROB had a memorable year for the ages. And he is still breaking records.

We found a beast for Guard in Cann.

And Blake Bortles has 31 passing TDS and 2 rushing TDS for a total of 33TDs. What a year. And we still have 2 games left. Those are Pro Bowl numbers.

Don't forget he came out of college a year early, and last year he took over for Henne. So this was his first full year. Next season he will be even better. The turnovers will go down. And he might throw 40 Touchdowns.

Yeldon probably gets 1000 yards rushing but he missed 2 games. He was able to get 1k from scrimmage.

We have an electric return man in Greene.

What a great season, even though we won't make the post season.

We have a great young offense.

Telvin Smith and Fowler will be great next year. Hopefully we draft a CB and a FS and Cyp can keep getting better. Poz led the team in tackles today and interceptions with a broke hand. He still has good years in front of him. House is our guy a CB2. Marks will be back to improve that line.

Caldwell will be heavily drafting defense, do help is on the way in 2016.

Next year, we will make the playoffs.

This year was very disappointing to watch another losing/ embarrassing year so I had thought.. towards the end the Offense put up a lot of points & Blake started to look really good.

If nothing else the Offense was a shinning glimpse of hope for next year.

Quote:That's probably true as well, but if he were to come available, it wouldn't hurt to kick the tires. Caldwell has shown a willingness to reach out to a lot of guys, even if they don't end up signing (Mack, Cobb, McCourtey, Murray)

It certainly can't hurt to find out what Alshon Jeffery's asking price would be if he unexpectedly  hits the open market as a UFA.   In the end though,  I would currently be surprised if the Jags make a major investment in a WR based on what's currently on the roster.    Especially,  considering that the team's Defense will very likely be the major focal point in March. 

Quote:It certainly can't hurt to find out what Alshon Jeffery's asking price would be if he unexpectedly  hits the open market as a UFA.   In the end though,  I would currently be surprised if the Jags make a major investment in a WR based on what's currently on the roster.    Especially,  considering that the team's Defense will very likely be the major focal point in March.

No doubt the defense and interior line should be the primary focus, but if the interest in Jacksonville is lukewarm for our top targets, why not at least lob an offer?