Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hey vegetarians........

Lettuce is ‘three times worse than bacon' for emissions and vegetarian diets could be bad for environment
Common vegetables ‘require more resources per calorie’ than many people realise, according to a team of scientists at the prestigious Carnegie Mellon University

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...73671.html

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A lot of people are vegetarians because of unnecessary cruelty to animals, not emissions or environmental reasons.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:A lot of people are vegetarians because of unnecessary cruelty to animals, not emissions or environmental reasons.

Most vegans I know just do it as an expression of their moral superiority.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If they find something wrong with tomatoes, BLT lovers are hosed.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:If they find something wrong with tomatoes, BLT lovers are hosed.
Environment? We don't need no stinkin' environment. MORE DEAD PIGS!

Quote:A lot of people are vegetarians because of unnecessary cruelty to animals, not emissions or environmental reasons.

I think most people become vegetarians for health reasons.   Personally, I am trying to cut way down on red meat.   Which is difficult, because the other day I had a really great burger from M Shack.  Man that was a big old sloppy juicy medium rare burger that was soooo good.   With cheese.  Not sure what the sauce was, but it was really tasty.  M Shack.  Corner of Post and Margaret Streets in 5 Points.  

Quote:I think most people become vegetarians for health reasons.   Personally, I am trying to cut way down on red meat.   Which is difficult, because the other day I had a really great burger from M Shack.  Man that was a big old sloppy juicy medium rare burger that was soooo good.   With cheese.  Not sure what the sauce was, but it was really tasty.  M Shack.  Corner of Post and Margaret Streets in 5 Points.  
Everyone I know who's tried to become a vegetarian/vegan for "health reasons" has failed miserably. Everyone I know who's done it for moral reasons has succeeded. Take that as you will.

Quote:Everyone I know who's tried to become a vegetarian/vegan for "health reasons" has failed miserably. Everyone I know who's done it for moral reasons has succeeded. Take that as you will.

Zealots can accomplish anything.  :thumbsup:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And they're destroying the environment.........

Eat More Bacon!

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Anything farmed "open ground" will be hard on the environment. Lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots etc.

The machinery is gigantic in that type of farming.