Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democratic President Actually Banned Entry from Muslim Nation

Quote:What's so funny is, the one person participating in this thread that really makes the most sense doesn't even live in the US. Ironic, huh?
Whats also crazy is that some think it would work. :pirate:

Just like stopping drug smuggling, illegal immigrants,etc...oh..the Wall...thats the ticket.

Meanwhile El Chapo has started digging. Border patrol payouts. 

If Trump were on his own show, he'd fire himself, but it would be big and beeyoooteeeful.

There are going to a few disappointed Trumplodites Wallbash  next November..before that even. No way he makes it. I'm taking bets  :whistling:

Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What's so funny is, the one person participating in this thread that really makes the most sense doesn't even live in the US. Ironic, huh?

Explain to me how Dragon "It is unconstitutional in my mind" Fury is the one making sense in this thread, please?

Quote:Whats also crazy is that some think it would work. :pirate:

Just like stopping drug smuggling, illegal immigrants,etc...oh..the Wall...thats the ticket.

Meanwhile El Chapo has started digging. Border patrol payouts. 

If Trump were on his own show, he'd fire himself, but it would be big and beeyoooteeeful.

There are going to a few disappointed Trumplodites Wallbash  next November..before that even. No way he makes it. I'm taking bets  :whistling:

ahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

haahha

[Image: yDa6u2Z.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 05:30 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:How is banning a 99% Muslim nation specifically from immigrating better than saying no one from that nation who is Muslim can immigrate here? Are you saying we shouldn't allow Hindus from India because it has a large Muslim population? What did Hindus do wrong? What about Buddhists? Sikhs? What did they do wrong?
"We are not allowing immigration from Syria because it is a known hotbed of terrorist activity."

"We are not allowing immigration from Iraq because of significant ISIS activity in that nation."

If India is a birthplace for terrorism, then yeah, stop accepting immigrants from there. But it's not...

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 05:32 PM by TravC59.)

There is an estmated 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide. Of those 1.6 billion estimates show that there are anywhere between 15% to 25% who are radicalized/extremist Muslims. You are looking at around 180 to 300 million who want nothing but to destroy western culture. I find it hard to believe that anyone has issue with pumping the brakes and coming up with a proper way to screen Muslims coming into the country in today's current state of affairs.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:There is an estmated 1.6 billion muslims worldwide. Of those 1.6 billion estimates show that there are anywhere between 15% to 25% who are radicalized/extremist muslims. You are looking at around 180 to 300 million who want nothing but to destroy western culture. I find it hard to believe that anyone has issue with pumping the brakes and coming up with a proper way to screen muslims coming into the country in the current state of things.
Actually, that number is incredibly inaccurate per the Christian Science Monitor.

Quote:"We are not allowing immigration from Syria because it is a known hotbed of terrorist activity."

"We are not allowing immigration from Iraq because of significant ISIS activity in that nation."

If India is a birthplace for terrorism, then yeah, stop accepting immigrants from there. But it's not...

How many deaths or attacks would you say makes a nation a "hotbed"?

Quote:Actually, that number is incredibly inaccurate per the Christian Science Monitor.

Yeah, it is actually more, according to Pew. Assuming we consider "Sharia should be rule" as radical (which I do).

[Image: 3iwRtes.jpg]

Quote:How many deaths or attacks would you say makes a nation a "hotbed"?
I would say that if a nation has known terror group presence or a significant amount of radical activity endorsing violence--regardless of what that radical activity is affiliated with--we should stop accepting immigrants from there regardless of how many attacks have taken place. I don't care if that means we cut off Irish immigrants because of the presence of the IRA; we should not be making it easy for those who wish to harm us to hop on a plane and land in America, visa in hand.

With the exception of Syria. I believe we should continue to show good will on a global scale by taking in refugees, but they should be housed in controlled environments away from weapons and the general public until they're able to be relocated to Europe.

Quote:I would say that if a nation has known terror group presence or a significant amount of radical activity endorsing violence--regardless of what that radical activity is affiliated with--we should stop accepting immigrants from there regardless of how many attacks have taken place. I don't care if that means we cut off Irish immigrants because of the presence of the IRA; we should not be making it easy for those who wish to harm us to hop on a plane and land in America, visa in hand.

With the exception of Syria. I believe we should continue to show good will on a global scale by taking in refugees, but they should be housed in controlled environments away from weapons and the general public until they're able to be relocated to Europe.

India doesn't produce as many terrorist as other Muslim nations, in 2013 it produced 2% of the global terrorist-caused deaths. It also has its fair share of Islamic terror organizations and infiltration. I feel your rational is too subjective and it will alienate too many people who don't deserve to be alienated.

Regardless, it all comes down to this being a temporary pause. It isn't permanent. The pause would exist only until the proper vetting procedures are developed. Its been done historically many times. No reason it can't be done now.

Quote:India doesn't produce as many terrorist as other Muslim nations, in 2013 it produced 2% of the global terrorist-caused deaths. It also has its fair share of Islamic terror organizations and infiltration. I feel your rational is too subjective and it will alienate too many people who don't deserve to be alienated.

Regardless, it all comes down to this being a temporary pause. It isn't permanent. The pause would exist only until the proper vetting procedures are developed. Its been done historically many times. No reason it can't be done now.
How do you vet someone with no history beyond a birth certificate that may or may not be accurate and dubious claims about who they are, where they live and what they do?

Blocking immigration from a country is practical. Blocking immigration from a religion is not.

Regardless of whether it's constitutional or not, it's irrelevant, and is not an effective strategy for defeating terrorism and stopping groups like Daesh and Al-Qaeda from attacking our country. Contrarily, it actually might make us an even bigger target; as Daesh and Al-Qaeda will use it as propaganda to say that we are discriminating and persecuting Muslims (and lets be honest here, it would be). Besides, anyone can just lie and pretend that they are not Muslim. The idea that we can stop an entire religious group from coming into our country and thwart more "world trade centers" is a delusional fantasy that exists only in the mind of Donald Trump.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 05:54 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Actually, that number is incredibly inaccurate per the Christian Science Monitor.
You are right, the numbers then would be between 240 million and 400 million worldwide. Point still remains, only stronger.

I am not proposing an outright ban. But to put everything on hold for right now to come up with a strong procedure is not a bad thing. It's due diligence.

;

Quote:Regardless of whether it's constitutional or not, it's irrelevant, and is not an effective strategy for defeating terrorism and stopping groups like Daesh and Al-Qaeda from attacking our country. Contrarily, it actually might make us an even bigger target; as Daesh and Al-Qaeda will use it as propaganda to say that we are discriminating and persecuting Muslims (and lets be honest here, it would be). Besides, anyone can just lie and pretend that they are not Muslim. The idea that we can stop an entire religious group from coming into our country and thwart more "world trade centers" is a delusional fantasy that exists only in the mind of Donald Trump.
These guys have plenty of propaganda. There goal has already been clearly stated.

;

Quote:How do you vet someone with no history beyond a birth certificate that may or may not be accurate and dubious claims about who they are, where they live and what they do?

Blocking immigration from a country is practical. Blocking immigration from a religion is not.

Do we at least agree something or someone needs to be blocked?

Quote:Regardless of whether it's constitutional or not, it's irrelevant, and is not an effective strategy for defeating terrorism and stopping groups like Daesh and Al-Qaeda from attacking our country. Contrarily, it actually might make us an even bigger target; as Daesh and Al-Qaeda will use it as propaganda to say that we are discriminating and persecuting Muslims (and lets be honest here, it would be). Besides, anyone can just lie and pretend that they are not Muslim. The idea that we can stop an entire religious group from coming into our country and thwart more "world trade centers" is a delusional fantasy that exists only in the mind of Donald Trump.

That is a poor argument. Are you assuming that Muslims are ticking time-bombs just waiting to be insulted before they become radicalized? I don't think that is the case.

I'll give you discriminating...no doubt we would be doing that, but how would we be persecuting them by not allowing them into the US?

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Do we at least agree something or someone needs to be blocked?
Hell yes. If a country has a recent, documented history of producing terrorists, we should not be allowing anyone from that country to immigrate to or visit the US. There will naturally be a lot of overlap with Middle Eastern Islamic nations because those are the ones producing foreign terrorists as of late, but Islam itself is not targeted. See what I'm doing there? 

Quote:Hell yes. If a country has a recent, documented history of producing terrorists, we should not be allowing anyone from that country to immigrate to or visit the US. There will naturally be a lot of overlap with Middle Eastern Islamic nations because those are the ones producing foreign terrorists as of late, but Islam itself is not targeted. See what I'm doing there? 
You're calling a duck a bird.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:Hell yes. If a country has a recent, documented history of producing terrorists, we should not be allowing anyone from that country to immigrate to or visit the US. There will naturally be a lot of overlap with Middle Eastern Islamic nations because those are the ones producing foreign terrorists as of late, but Islam itself is not targeted. See what I'm doing there? 

I do, and it is the politically correct way of doing it. Rand Paul recently pushed a bill through congress that did this exact thing and it failed 89-10. I think that method or Trump's method would work a lot better than doing nothing, like what we are doing now.