Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 10:21 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Prior to this season, I always used to root for Raines since they win with the talent that was within their school district.

This year, I couldn't say that.  After acquiring the home schooled QB who played for 4 different school districts since 9th grade, I could no longer root for Raines.  

HOW THE HECK CAN THE STATE OF FLORIDA ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN?

9th grade - Nease

10 grade - Providence

11th grade - Fletcher

12th grade - Raines

CONGRATS TO BOOKER T WASHINGTON and hopefully the Raines HC can get back to winning with integrity and home grown talent and not have to revert to displacing local talent in favor of 1 and done type players.  Yes, the FHSAA system is broken but teams like Booker T & Raines have showed in the past they can excel without reverting to such tactics..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dang...why so many schools? Chasing a championship, or just not good enough to cut it on the other teams?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 10:38 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

obsessive parent.

good kid from what I understand

just wish Raines would have said No like a few other schools did.

Well atleast UC won their game.

Is he the first caucasian to be on a Raines football team.

Quote:Is he the first caucasian to be on a Raines football team.

I can't imagine he was the first ever.

Tebow was a home schooled kid taken to Nease from an entirely different county.  Amazingly nobody had an issue with that.

Quote:I can't imagine he was the first ever.

Tebow was a home schooled kid taken to Nease from an entirely different county.  Amazingly nobody had an issue with that.

Do you mean nobody like the FHSAA who banned Nease from playing out of state games as a form of probation.

Do you mean the coach of Nease who abruptly left to coach Columbia HS in Lake City as a result of the recruiting investigation & violations?

A lot of people had a problem with it.

Sidenote: Tebow did not play for 4 different high schools in 4 years but I agree, having you kid traveling 30 miles from Baker County to play for a HS on the basis that their family is renting a 1BR Condo within the school district is no better.  Definitely lacks integrity.

Quote:obsessive parent.

good kid from what I understand

just wish Raines would have said No like a few other schools did.
The schools hands are tied when it comes to this. If parents can produce documentation saying they live in the district then they have to take them. Or if they get in by other means, academies and such.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Well atleast UC won their game.
So did Trinity. I am pretty sure they won with home grown talent....

;

Quote:Is he the first caucasian to be on a Raines football team.
What? Really? Raines used to have a large caucasian population. Been a while now, but the answer to your question is definitely no.

;

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 06:58 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:So did Trinity. I am pretty sure they won with home grown talent....

TC and UC is an entirely different conversation in the fact that I really wish the FHSAA would segregate the public & private schools in the playoffs.  Luckily 2A and 3A is primarily where these schools are bracketed so their overall domination of the playoffs is limited.  At minimum, I'd like to at lease see a rule stating that anyone who transfers to a private school between 10th & 12th grade must sit out for 1 year.  That includes people transferring from public to private and from private to private.  

Quote:TC and UC is an entirely different conversation in the fact that I really wish the FHSAA would segregate the public & private schools in the playoffs.  Luckily 2A and 3A is primarily where these schools are bracketed so their overall domination of the playoffs is limited.  At minimum, I'd like to at lease see a rule stating that anyone who transfers to a private school between 10th & 12th grade must sit out for 1 year.  That includes people transferring from public to private and from private to private.  
You will never see that rule implemented. There has been a lot of talk the last 5-10 or more years to separate the public and private. That has a chance, but even then, it's not something I see happening. To may privates would drop out of the FHSAA which costs the FHSAA money. Money talks.

;

Quote:You will never see that rule implemented. There has been a lot of talk the last 5-10 or more years to separate the public and private. That has a chance, but even then, it's not something I see happening. To may privates would drop out of the FHSAA which costs the FHSAA money. Money talks.

Good point.  Forgot about the $$ aspect.

Quote:Do you mean nobody like the FHSAA who banned Nease from playing out of state games as a form of probation.

Do you mean the coach of Nease who abruptly left to coach Columbia HS in Lake City as a result of the recruiting investigation & violations?

A lot of people had a problem with it.

Sidenote: Tebow did not play for 4 different high schools in 4 years but I agree, having you kid traveling 30 miles from Baker County to play for a HS on the basis that their family is renting a 1BR Condo within the school district is no better.  Definitely lacks integrity.

The FHSAA did not ban Nease because of Tebow.  It was an entirely separate incident.  A father in 2006 was hired by an assistant coach to work for him and they were given living arrangements.  Tebow was already at UF when this happened.

The kid's family was just as shady as Tebow's....they wanted the best situation for their son.  I think it's great he went to Raines.  I loved watching their highlights on Friday nights.

http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2006/1107

Quote:The FHSAA did not ban Nease because of Tebow.  It was an entirely separate incident.  A father in 2006 was hired by an assistant coach to work for him and they were given living arrangements.  Tebow was already at UF when this happened.

The kid's family was just as shady as Tebow's....they wanted the best situation for their son.  I think it's great he went to Raines.  I loved watching their highlights on Friday nights.

http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2006/1107

FHSAA did not fine Nease $20,000 and place them on probation DIRECTLY because of Tebow, but Tebow is what caused St Aug and the other schools to report Nease's infractions to the FHSAA.  After Tebow, they were being monitored very closely due to the shady coaching deals of Craig Howard.   It's like the police bringing in mafia members on tax evasion instead of the 20+ murders they're responsible for.

Personally, i'm glad they cleaned it up at Nease and PVHS.  I'd rather go there and see the kids from the community playing than to watch the upcoming QB (that grew up in the neighborhood) get displaced for a dude that lives 30 miles away. I'll take a few extra loses to keep our community and integrity in tact.

I'll pull for Raines next year as long as someone like Davis McHill III (made up name) doesn't show up from out of the blue to be their QB. 

i coached alot of kids from reins in a 7v7 league at boles last spring and my defensive coach, coached with Dibiasie's father and wanted to kill that guy. the sad thing is, reins had some decent talent at qb on the bench who will be there next year. that guy paid for a new field for nease but his son sucked so he moved him to providence where he played with my buddies son. Big tony almost tore dibiasie a new [BLEEP] one day when he ripped the providence coach after he won a game didnt "throw the ball" enough for his liking. and threatened to pull his booster status from the school if they did not start throwing the rock more, in front of the whole team. Then he paid for some renovations to fletchers scoreboard or something to get his kid to start there where he again sucked, so he went to reins who had a majorly stacked Defense. 5 of there kids, on the Defensive side of the ball, i worked with on conditioning and hands, two of which are commited to D1 school. i also coached one of the WR's who was a boss this year.

Quote:i coached alot of kids from reins in a 7v7 league at boles last spring and my defensive coach, coached with Dibiasie's father and wanted to kill that guy. the sad thing is, reins had some decent talent at qb on the bench who will be there next year. that guy paid for a new field for nease but his son sucked so he moved him to providence where he played with my buddies son. Big tony almost tore dibiasie a new [BAD WORD REMOVED] one day when he ripped the providence coach after he won a game didnt "throw the ball" enough for his liking. and threatened to pull his booster status from the school if they did not start throwing the rock more, in front of the whole team. Then he paid for some renovations to fletchers scoreboard or something to get his kid to start there where he again sucked, so he went to reins who had a majorly stacked Defense. 5 of there kids, on the Defensive side of the ball, i worked with on conditioning and hands, two of which are commited to D1 school. i also coached one of the WR's who was a boss this year.

Your post is very similar to a lot of the talk that I heard around town as well.  Guess his dad couldn't fix the 2 defensive TDs his son gave up (100 yard INT return and the 59 yard fumble return for a TD) in the 4th quarter during the State Championship.

#Karma

Should be interesting when Dad can't go onto the football field in college to dictate the play calling and his sons immediate role on the team.  My prediction is that, wherever he goes, he'll transfer within a few years.

Quote:Your post is very similar to a lot of the talk that I heard around town as well. Guess his dad couldn't fix the 2 defensive TDs his son gave up (100 yard INT return and the 59 yard fumble return for a TD) in the 4th quarter during the State Championship.

#Karma

Should be interesting when Dad can't go onto the football field in college to dictate the play calling and his sons immediate role on the team. My prediction is that, wherever he goes, he'll transfer within a few years.
the sad part to me is that the school didn't use the qb to get to state, his dad used the school that was already over loaded with talent. Reins would have had a great season reguardless. Hell of a class, I hope too many people don't see this story and let it out shine the real talent that that school had this year.