Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 10 Qbs

For this season only.

1. Brady

2. Newton

3. Palmer

4. Dalton

5. Rodgers

6. Carr

7. Brees

8. Rivers

9. Wilson

10. Bortles

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You forgot the steelers qb old what's his face

1. Bortles

2. Brady

3. Wilson

4. Rothlisburger

5. Gabbert

6. Newton/Tebow

7. Rodgers

8. Dalton

9. Taylor

10. Ryan

Can't say I would put Bortles or Carr on that list yet. Maybe by the end of next year.

How do you come up with those rankings? I want to see the official list.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 02:17 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:1. Brady

2. Newton

3. Palmer

4. Dalton

5. Rodgers

6. Carr

7. Brees

8. Rivers

9. Wilson

10. Bortles
Actually, that's probably fairly accurate considering rankings of Yards,TDs,etc.

Out of that list, most of those QBs have played a full season. Brees missed one game due to injury. Carr missed almost a full game week 1 due to injury. Everyone else on that list hasn't missed time.

Rankings will be heavily skewed this season to the few QBs that have played all year. A significant portion of QBs have missed alot of time this year, making their numbers much lower.

1/4 of NFL QBs missed significant time:

Romo

Luck

Roethlisberger

Kaepernick

Flacco

McCown

P. Manning

Hoyer

QBs missing a full game or more (Carr,Fitzpatrick missed almost 1 full game):

Brees

Mariota

Tyrod Taylor

Bradford

Cutler

Foles

Carr

Fitzpatrick

That's 16 teams (half of the league) where the QBs haven't played all of their games. Overall QB rankings are going to be GREATLY affected by the amount of injuries this season.

You aren't very great sitting over there on the bench cuz your hurt. That doesn't help your team.

Quote:You aren't very great sitting over there on the bench cuz your hurt. That doesn't help your team.

Getting injured doesn't really have anything to do with if a player is "Great" or not.

But, I totally agree with you that it doesn't help a team to have a starting QB on the bench, watching a backup play. No bueno.

Your list is going to be accurate this season because those guys listed have played all year (exception of Brees and Carr, who only missed 1).

My point was you cant throw 40 tds from the bench.

Quote:My point was you cant throw 40 tds from the bench.
I'm agreeing with you. The QBs that have played every game,, they can have that oppurtunity.

Guys with broken collarbones, lacerated kidneys, torn MCLs, etc don't get that chance. It doesn't have anything to do with how good a player they are though, if they happen to get injured.

So let's do this: Include the number of games each QB played with his statistics. It is important to note that some of them would be much bigger numbers in all statistical categories if they did not miss any time with injuries.

yea I get what your saying from a talent and career perspective it doesn't.

Gabbert has got to be up there right?

Quote:Gabbert has got to be up there right?

Only if your definition of "Top 10" is picks in the 2011 draft.

Quote:Gabbert has got to be up there right?
If only the 49ers had started him since week 1. Ah, what could've been!

Seriously, with half the league's QBs missing significant time this season, even Gabbert might've been in the "upper-half".

Lol.

Im not going to reward players for being hurt, you are playing a what if game, what if Brady's receivers were not hurt. What if the Saints still had Jimmy Graham. Players get hurt and are not as valuable to the team anymore. TJ Yates would be like higher than Bortles and Ryan. Big Ben has played in 8 games and would be on pace for 30 tds 18 ints and 5400 yards and has a record of 5 and 3 and the combo of Vick and Jones went 2-2 so did he make that big of a difference.

Here are Big Bens W's and L's

L: NE

W: SF

W: STL

L: Cincy

W: OAk

W: Cle

L: Sea

W:Indy

He has beat a lot of bad teams and lost to the good teams. I don't think I give him the nod for throwing 9 int and 15 tds in 8 games when Bortles has thrown 27 in 12 and thrown 13 ints in 12 games.

I didn't say anything about rewarding players for being hurt.

I'm just stating the fact that thier overall numbers take a big hit because, you know, they haven't played as many games. Passing yards definitely goes way down. TDs and INTs are subjective though, so I'll give you that.

All I'm saying is that this QBs should be taken out of the equation when comparing rankings. Rank/compare the players that have played a full season.

Example:

Cam, Bortles, Palmer, Dalton have much more passing yards and TDs than Romo, Luck, Roethlisberger, Flacco.

Well,, duh. Those injured guys shouldn't be included.

I'm agreeing with you man

Not you.

All I'm saying is that at the end of the season, I would expect to see the QBs that have played all year rank from about 1-16,, while the QBs that have missed significant time rank 16-32.

This is ranking Total Yards, TDs, INTs, Rushing, Attempts, etc, for the whole year.

Guys that haven't played will rank in the bottom half.

I will say however, that if a team has a QB that's played every game and he ranks in the bottom half of the league for total numbers, that team has a REAL problem at QB.

Thankfully, Bortles is good and will rank pretty high in the upper half of the league.

Quote:Not you.
Oh,, my apologies. Sry