Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers misses (2) more PATs... 6 for the year and WORST in the NFL

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 11:51 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quick Question:  Say we get a guy extremely accurate but does not have the leg to kick it out of the end zone or hit a 55 yarder.  Some teams (like the Colts) that utilize this strategy revert to the punter for kickoffs and extremely long FGs.  Does anyone know if Anger can fill this role?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Quick Question:  Say we get a guy extremely accurate but does not have the leg to kick it out of the end zone or hit a 55 yarder.  Some teams (like the Colts) that utilize this strategy revert to the punter for kickoffs and extremely long FGs.  Does anyone know if Anger can fill this role?

In this day and age, you can have both in the same guy.

Quote:In this day and age, you can have both in the same guy.

Like Bruce & Caitlyn? 

How awesome would it be to cut Myers and bring back Scobee...in essence we got a draft pick for a play still on the roster.  Brilliant!

Quote:How awesome would it be to cut Myers and bring back Scobee...in essence we got a draft pick for a play still on the roster.  Brilliant!

Yes, let's pay $3.5m to bring back a kicker that sucks.   

All this season goes to show is that it doesn't matter how long you can kick it, if you can't be nearly automatic at short distance, you're a liability to the team.  I'll take someone who makes all of their FG's from less than 40 yards and spotty at longer distances than someone who can't hit the short ones consistently, even if they can kick it farther.  Accuracy is the #1 priority of the kicker, with a distant second being how far you can kick it.

One of these years.............

He is actually still on the roster today? What a joke, every time we score a TD I sit on the couch and expect him to miss that's how bad it's gotten. 

Quote:Yes, let's pay $3.5m to bring back a kicker that sucks.   

By no means am I saying that it's in the Jaguars best interest to bring Josh Scobee back.   Yet,  if the team brass decided to bring him back,  it seems safe to say that it would be for the NFL Veteran Minimum amount.  Scobee has zero contract leverage.  

His XP% is 79.3%. This is by far the worst in the league.  Only 5 teams have a lower FG make %.  If that doesn't make you want to vomit, you have an iron stomach.

One of these years.............

Cute him now he cost us two games

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I guarantee you we will hear about a bad snap/ hold on the second missed PAT in Bradley's presser today.

Tomlin essentially fired his return man mid-game last night after 2 fumbles. In Jax, Myers gets a pat on the back.

The Bum has to go.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 01:34 PM by Football?.)

This guy is so bad that he cost his team a game, without attempting a field goal.

I'm still not convinced that Scobee is all of a sudden a bad kicker, because 2 long tries into the wind in a new environment.

Myers missed 2 points...  The D gave up how many points?  

Quote:This guy is so bad that he cost his team a game, without attempting a field goal.

I'm still not convinced that Scobee is all of a sudden a bad kicker, because 2 long tries into the wind in a new environment.

Because he was signed immediately after being released by Pittsburgh? 

I'm sure there are a few other teams out there looking to upgrade, yet I've not read of Scobee getting a tryout.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Myers missed 2 points... The D gave up how many points?

You're right. Let's keep Myers and flip coins on whether or not he can make an extra point. Extra points are overrated.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Wow, i cant believe we are keeping him. This team boy oh boy.

Quote:Wow, i cant believe we are keeping him. This team boy oh boy.

they held a workout for free agent kickers and still went with Myers.... which means it was all for show or they just invited turds that couldn't compete.

If the team keeps this bum its of little wonder why it is a constant bottom feeder.

Zero accountability.

Quote:If the team keeps this bum its of little wonder why it is a constant bottom feeder.

Zero accountability.

after his second or third missed xp, that should have been enough... but, like other GMs, they refuse to admit mistakes. They're dug in.

Quote:If the team keeps this bum its of little wonder why it is a constant bottom feeder.

Zero accountability.

Yup, Gus talks about Accountability but does not hold anyone Accountable lol.