Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers misses (2) more PATs... 6 for the year and WORST in the NFL

Quote:they held a workout for free agent kickers and still went with Myers.... which means it was all for show or they just invited turds that couldn't compete.

Or, he's got a good leg and has mental dificiencies that can be over come.

He's the Abed of the Jaguar's community college.  It's very meta.

Just give him a chance.  It's not like we were ever making the playoffs with this defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Or, he's got a good leg and has mental dificiencies that can be over come.

He's the Abed of the Jaguar's community college. It's very meta.

Just give him a chance. It's not like we were ever making the playoffs with this defense.

Gus, is that you?

Quote:Or, he's got a good leg and has mental dificiencies that can be over come.

Just give him a chance.  It's not like we were ever making the playoffs with this defense.

they have given him like 6 chances now. you cant trust this guy. enough is enough.  FACT is we would be in good position for the playoffs if not for him.

Cut him let's start going for 2 every time. Angerer can squib kick.

Myers is cut from 31 other teams with his performance, which is as dismal as Branch and Clemons.

Give someone else a shot.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:they have given him like 6 chances now. you cant trust this guy. enough is enough.  FACT is we would be in good position for the playoffs if not for him.

eh...  I'm not sure about that.

The misses were not the major reasons we lost most of our games.  I might be inclined to give you the clot game...  But other than that, no.

The buc game was lost because of terrible D and special team failures.  Not to mention a mental mistake that resulted in a fumble.

This past game was lost because of terrible D.  The PAT misses were not the reason we lost yesterday.

The Chargers game was also a result of a D that couldn't stop a failing offense.

Tin Horn game was lost because of a D that couldn't get out of it's own way, along with really bad referreeing.  That onside kick that was called offsides was totally a missed call.

I mean, game after game, it's the same thing...  

Yeah, Myers isn't playing very well in terms of PATs.  But to say he's the reason we're 4-8 is not the truth.  At least, not in my opinion.

Besides, you think Scobee would be any better?  That dude isn't even playing in the league because of his suck-i-tude.  Remember?  The dude couldn't hit the ocean if he fell off a boat when he was traded to the sqeelers.  We got a 6th round pick for a washed out kicker.   Might as well continue with Myers and see if he can make a turn-around.

Quote:eh... I'm not sure about that.

The misses were not the major reasons we lost most of our games. I might be inclined to give you the clot game... But other than that, no.

The buc game was lost because of terrible D and special team failures. Not to mention a mental mistake that resulted in a fumble.

This past game was lost because of terrible D. The PAT misses were not the reason we lost yesterday.

The Chargers game was also a result of a D that couldn't stop a failing offense.

Tin Horn game was lost because of a D that couldn't get out of it's own way, along with really bad referreeing. That onside kick that was called offsides was totally a missed call.

Yeah, Myers isn't playing very well in terms of PATs. But to say he's the reason we're 4-8 is not the truth. At least, not in my opinion.

Besides, you think Scobee would be any better? That dude isn't even playing in the league because of his suck-i-tude. Remember? The dude couldn't hit the ocean if he fell off a boat when he was traded to the sqeelers. We got a 6th round pick for a washed out kicker. Might as well continue with Myers and see if he can make a turn-around.

Gus, why are you posting here?

It's Monday afternoon. Is 24-of-38 still around?

Why haven't we cut this bum yet? He'll lose us the game against Clipboard Jesus if he stays...

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 03:33 PM by badger.)

Quote:eh...  I'm not sure about that.

The misses were not the major reasons we lost most of our games.  I might be inclined to give you the clot game...  But other than that, no.

The buc game was lost because of terrible D and special team failures.  Not to mention a mental mistake that resulted in a fumble.

This past game was lost because of terrible D.  The PAT misses were not the reason we lost yesterday.

Tin Horn game was lost because of a D that couldn't get out of it's own way, along with really bad referreeing.  That onside kick that was called offsides was totally a missed call.

Yeah, Myers isn't playing very well in terms of PATs.  But to say he's the reason we're 4-8 is not the truth.  At least, not in my opinion.

Besides, you think Scobee would be any better?  That dude isn't even playing in the league because of his suck-i-tude.  Remember?  The dude couldn't hit the ocean if he fell off a boat when he was traded to the sqeelers.  We got a 6th round pick for a washed out kicker.   Might as well continue with Myers and see if he can make a turn-around.

His missed xps is the reason we lost to TEN. Previously he soley accounted for the loss to IND.  That's two games just from being bad at his job.

4-8 vs 6-6.  That's a big swing.

The guy wasn't even good in college.  Why Dave thought he'd be wonderful here is a mystery that can only be explained by ego.

Quote:His missed xps is the reason we lost to TEN. Previously he soley accounted for the loss to IND.  That's two games just from being bad at his job.

4-8 vs 6-6.  That's a big swing.

The guy wasn't even good in college.  Why Dave thought he'd be wonderful here is a mystery that can only be explained by ego.

There were a lot of reasons why we lost to Nashville. The missed extra points didn't help. The bad snap didn't help. The defense giving up 28 to an offense with a rookie QB and a pedestrian RB and WR group is the biggest reason.

It's frustrating to have a kicker you don't trust. We also had that problem last year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

It's all a matter of perspective.  Yes, Jason Myers has a 79.3% average and yes it is the worst average in the league, but one must also take a few things into consideration.

Of 32 teams only 8 have a 100% average of extra point kicks made.  So that means plenty of extra point kicks have been missed for whatever reason.

The other thing to consider is extra point attempts.  Myers has 29 attempts which is which is 14th most attempts in the NFL this season.  Of teams with 29 or more attempts there are only 2 teams with a 100% average.  Logic says that the more attempts that are made, the more chances you have of missing one.

The point is, only 8 kickers have been perfect when it comes to extra points.  Also, more attempts means more touchdowns.

Here's a couple of other interesting statistics to look at.  Field goal percentage by Myers is 17th in the NFL at 84.6%.  He has made 22 on 26 attempts.  Now sort the table by longest field goal this season and he is tied at #2 with a 58 yard field goal.

The bottom line is the kid needs to mature and correct the mental errors.  Remember... Scobee struggled in is rookie season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 04:41 PM by badger.)

Quote:It's all a matter of perspective.  Yes, Jason Myers has a 79.3% average and yes it is the worst average in the league, but one must also take a few things into consideration.

Of 32 teams only 8 have a 100% average of extra point kicks made.  So that means plenty of extra point kicks have been missed for whatever reason.

The other thing to consider is extra point attempts.  Myers has 29 attempts which is which is 14th most attempts in the NFL this season.  Of teams with 29 or more attempts there are only 2 teams with a 100% average.  Logic says that the more attempts that are made, the more chances you have of missing one.

The point is, only 8 kickers have been perfect when it comes to extra points.  Also, more attempts means more touchdowns.

Here's a couple of other interesting statistics to look at.  Field goal percentage by Myers is 17th in the NFL at 84.6%.  He has made 22 on 26 attempts.  Now sort the table by longest field goal this season and he is tied at #2 with a 58 yard field goal.

The bottom line is the kid needs to mature and correct the mental errors.  Remember... Scobee struggled in is rookie season.

we dont need perfection.  but two in one game??? im sorry, that just means you dont belong here.

nevermind the fact he's missed many others throughout the year.

Quote:Because he was signed immediately after being released by Pittsburgh? 

I'm sure there are a few other teams out there looking to upgrade, yet I've not read of Scobee getting a tryout.

In the past 7 years, Scobee has missed 2 field goals from 30-39 yards.

In 12 games this year, Meyers has missed 6 33-yard field goals.

Did Scobee have 2 bad games this year? Yes. Do I think its a bit much to say that he sucks because of those two games? Absolutely.

Those 2 games are the reason why he hasn't been picked up, or perhaps he has turned down offers because he only wants to go to the right situation (Jacksonville).

Quote:Of 32 teams only 8 have a 100% average of extra point kicks made.  So that means plenty of extra point kicks have been missed for whatever reason.
But 31 teams are better than us in that area.

Add in the fact that the kicks 24-of-38 misses are the gimmes. He's also failed under pressure several times. Since Scobee's name was brought into this, yes, he took his lumps as a rookie, but he improved as the season went on. I also can't find record of him missing more than 1 PAT in an entire season, let alone in a single game.

Sadly, 24-of-38 probably won't be replaced even if he hits Seth Marler levels of suck because this team has nothing left to play for. He's shown no signs of being a reliable kicker, and instead looks like a streaky guy who might be the hero or might cost you the game. It's worth noting that Randy Bullock, one of the guys we looked at as a replacement for 24-of-38, is 6-for-6 in New York right now. It's not that there aren't better kickers out there. It's that Caldwell and Bradley are refusing to give up on the leg of the week--a leg that looks weaker by the week as 24-of-38's kickoffs get worse and worse. The kid's not an NFL kicker. He's not an AFL kicker. He was terrible in college. If this was a team making a serious run at a playoff spot, he would have been gone after the Colts game.

Quote:But 31 teams are better than us in that area.

Add in the fact that the kicks 24-of-38 misses are the gimmes. He's also failed under pressure several times. Since Scobee's name was brought into this, yes, he took his lumps as a rookie, but he improved as the season went on. I also can't find record of him missing more than 1 PAT in an entire season, let alone in a single game.

Sadly, 24-of-38 probably won't be replaced even if he hits Seth Marler levels of suck because this team has nothing left to play for. He's shown no signs of being a reliable kicker, and instead looks like a streaky guy who might be the hero or might cost you the game. It's worth noting that Randy Bullock, one of the guys we looked at as a replacement for 24-of-38, is 6-for-6 in New York right now. It's not that there aren't better kickers out there. It's that Caldwell and Bradley are refusing to give up on the leg of the week--a leg that looks weaker by the week as 24-of-38's kickoffs get worse and worse. The kid's not an NFL kicker. He's not an AFL kicker. He was terrible in college. If this was a team making a serious run at a playoff spot, he would have been gone after the Colts game.

OK, I know that you have a pea sized brain (and I mean that affectionately) so I'll address your rant.

First of all, no kick in the NFL is a "gimme" although the extra point rule prior to the 2015 season was pretty much that.

I don't remember Scobee ever missing an extra point (blocked extra points not included), but that doesn't matter because when Scobee was here the extra point rule was different.

That is precisely why the NFL enacted the new rule.  The extra point is no longer "automatic".  It's changed to a field goal.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:OK, I know that you have a pea sized brain (and I mean that affectionately) so I'll address your rant.

First of all, no kick in the NFL is a "gimme" although the extra point rule prior to the 2015 season was pretty much that.

I don't remember Scobee ever missing an extra point (blocked extra points not included), but that doesn't matter because when Scobee was here the extra point rule was different.

That is precisely why the NFL enacted the new rule.  The extra point is no longer "automatic".  It's changed to a field goal.
Thanks, Caper. Never would have figured that out without your salty input. Smile

Quote:after his second or third missed xp, that should have been enough... but, like other GMs, they refuse to admit mistakes. They're dug in.

Quote:they held a workout for free agent kickers and still went with Myers.... which means it was all for show or they just invited turds that couldn't compete.

There is legitimately no one to bring in with any experience that anyone would trust on their team this year. Scobee is still injured.

The best "off your couch" kicker available is Bullock. Sure he could be a fill in for now, but he doesn't have a leg for anything longer than ~45. He is not a long term fix.

Might as well stick with the kid (Myers) for the rest of the season and then address it. 

I must say again, i can't believe we are still sticking with Myers.

I have been ready to run him out of town myself but from a statistical standpoint his current lifetime (i.e. this year) FG percentage is 84.6.  Scobee's lifetime percentage is 80.1 and yet everyone thinks it was a mistake to let him go.  Scobee was also kicking extra points before they were moved back.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We could just sign a short-range kicker and keep Myers for long attempts.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock