Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting in San Bernardino, California

Gee, I wonder what the real reason was behind this...  gun laws or perhaps radical islamic terrorism?  It's hard to imagine since President Obama told us that Al Qaeda was on the run and ISIS is the JV team.  He even said in an interview yesterday that the U.S. is in no danger of a Paris style attack.  How completely out of touch is this guy?

What is sad is that we have become such a PC society which actually is more dangerous.  Remember in the days after 9/11 people were encouraged to report suspicious activity?  I read somewhere that a neighbor of these terrorists was suspicious, but didn't want to report it because it would be "racial profiling".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For 10-15k you can purchase a pre 1985 fully auto weapon if you can find one for sale.  Or you can purchase the pre 1985 lower and construct it yourself for the same price.  It's also possible to modify a semi auto yourself if you have the tools and know what you're doing, although highly illegal.

San Bernardino Shootings Destroy Leftist Narrative After Leftist Narrative
http://www.breitbart.com/national-securi...narrative/

Quote:you're pretty invested in seeing a foreign country change their policy I'm curious why?

A few comments on a message board is not really invested...Would prefer people didn't die needlessly in any country.

Guns are bad mmkay?[Image: 5BPqjt1.png]

States with more permissive gun regulation have less gun homicides, interesting. A lot more suicides, though. We need to make people less suicidal. Mental health is an important issue that should be addressed. Cure the crazies.

[Image: gVJqTGi.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 06:00 PM by badger.)

Hillary Obama pushing hard for "background checks". Ok, fine. 

But what about the rebels in the middle-east you like to arm with military rifles and such? Shouldn't we background check them?  or idk... NOT GIVE THEM WEAPONS.

Quote:Gee, I wonder what the real reason was behind this...  gun laws or perhaps radical islamic terrorism?  It's hard to imagine since President Obama told us that Al Qaeda was on the run and ISIS is the JV team.  He even said in an interview yesterday that the U.S. is in no danger of a Paris style attack.  How completely out of touch is this guy?

What is sad is that we have become such a PC society which actually is more dangerous.  Remember in the days after 9/11 people were encouraged to report suspicious activity?  I read somewhere that a neighbor of these terrorists was suspicious, but didn't want to report it because it would be "racial profiling".
First off, I don't know what the motivations were. I think it's more likely that there were two Islamic radicals prepping an attack elsewhere who just happened to get mad at their coworkers and gun them down instead. In some sick, sad way, I think we're all kind of lucky that they chose to take out a Christmas party instead of rolling up to a mega-mall the Saturday before Christmas and potentially killing hundreds.

I will never, never support the notion that a nation should encourage its own citizens to be paranoid of and spy on each other. Not only is it morally disgusting, but it hearkens back to Hitler's employing the German population as his top source of information on where Jews were hiding. It would lead to immediate, institutionalized hate based solely upon skin color.

Quote:Yes, it's more sympathetic  to keep victims in their thoughts and prayers and do absolutely nothing to prevent the next one, than it is to want to prevent the next tragedy from happening.  I mean after that woman was killed in California, you didn't see Republicans bring up illegal immigration and sanctuary cities did you?  No siree.  They didn't think once about preventative measures.  

I still favor gun licensing myself.  If you're going to own a gun you should be able to prove yourself mentally competent, not have a criminal background, and know how to actually use and store a gun properly.  I know this is a radical idea to many conservatives, and it'll lead to 'registration' and having your guns 'taken away'.  I mean I guess if you're mentally unstable, sure.  

So President Obama (finally) says that the first order of business is to send thoughts and prayers.  

At this point (the time of the interview) he doesn't know "why the event occurred".  He does know that they were "armed with weapons with additional weaponry at their home".  At this point (during the interview) he doesn't know "why they did it" or "their motivations".  He says that "it is possible that this was terrorist related", but at the same time it might be "workplace related".

Are you kidding me?  Is he that stupid or is there another reason why he refuses to face the facts?  Workplace related?  Really?  Just like when the radical Islamic extremist killed a bunch of people at Fort Hood?  Remember that was not "terrorism" it was an "act of workplace violence".

FACT:  They were radicalized Muslims.

FACT:  There were explosives found in the SUV that they tried to escape in.

FACT:  They pretty much had an "IED factory" in their home.

FACT:  At this point there is a connection between one of the shooters, and people on the terrorist watch list.

People need to wake up and realize that the War on Terror is not over.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:First off, I don't know what the motivations were. I think it's more likely that there were two Islamic radicals prepping an attack elsewhere who just happened to get mad at their coworkers and gun them down instead. In some sick, sad way, I think we're all kind of lucky that they chose to take out a Christmas party instead of rolling up to a mega-mall the Saturday before Christmas and potentially killing hundreds.

I will never, never support the notion that a nation should encourage its own citizens to be paranoid of and spy on each other. Not only is it morally disgusting, but it hearkens back to Hitler's employing the German population as his top source of information on where Jews were hiding. It would lead to immediate, institutionalized hate based solely upon skin color.

So what could their motivations be...  They were constructing dangerous explosives in their home.  They left a remote-controlled explosive at the site of the shootings.

Obviously this was a spontaneous attack because one of them got mad at a Christmas party.   Rolleyes

Quote:So what could their motivations be...  They were constructing dangerous explosives in their home.  They left a remote-controlled explosive at the site of the shootings.

Obviously this was a spontaneous attack because one of them got mad at a Christmas party.   Rolleyes
No, of course not, and I didn't suggest that it was. Clearly these two were planning something much larger. One doesn't assemble a dozen pipe bombs to take out a Christmas party.

On the other side of the coin, one doesn't assemble a dozen pipe bombs to take out a Christmas party. My thought process is that these two clearly were planning on doing something bigger, but whatever transpired at the Christmas party pissed them off enough that they carried out an attack there instead and probably saved a lot of lives by not keeping their wits about them until they smashed their 2,000-lb. bomb into a SoCal mega mall next weekend.

Quote:Yes, it's more sympathetic  to keep victims in their thoughts and prayers and do absolutely nothing to prevent the next one, than it is to want to prevent the next tragedy from happening.  I mean after that woman was killed in California, you didn't see Republicans bring up illegal immigration and sanctuary cities did you?  No siree.  They didn't think once about preventative measures.  

Checking the sarcasm meter here so forgive me:  Are you serious?

I still favor gun licensing myself.  If you're going to own a gun you should be able to prove yourself mentally competent, not have a criminal background, and know how to actually use and store a gun properly.  I know this is a radical idea to many conservatives, and it'll lead to 'registration' and having your guns 'taken away'.  I mean I guess if you're mentally unstable, sure.  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Do you have a source for that 40% stat?  I'm not disputing it at all, but would like to see and use that source.
Same here.  I could use that stat on another board.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Republicans pray for victims, then condemn Islam and talk about America's "mental health problem".

Democrats occasionally forget to pray, but they instantly jump on the gun control train, and they are rarely willing to admit that there's a group of people out there that wants to kill Americans just because.

Both approaches have failed, so let's try something new and exciting: pray for and remember the victims and their families, toughen and enforce the gun laws we already have on the books, use Obamacare to bolster the mental health system in this nation that was effectively destroyed 30+ years ago, and kill the four-letter word that rhymes with duck out of ISIS and ISIS sympathizers wherever they're hiding.

Quote:First off, I don't know what the motivations were. I think it's more likely that there were two Islamic radicals prepping an attack elsewhere who just happened to get mad at their coworkers and gun them down instead. In some sick, sad way, I think we're all kind of lucky that they chose to take out a Christmas party instead of rolling up to a mega-mall the Saturday before Christmas and potentially killing hundreds.

TJ, while I get your point and so much of my upbringing agrees with you I think we also have to factor in these are different times and the world has changed.  Hitler had a motive to demonize Jews.  These Jews had no vendetta against Germany but were sacrificed in an effort to unify the German populace in an effort to blame someone for the woes of the German people.  (Note:  Readers Digest Version, no need to rehash all of what lead up to WWII)

Flash forward to now.  There is a segment of the Muslim population that is at war with the United States, whether "we" want to admit it or not.  This sect of Islam is hell bent on the destruction of our way of life.  Some of these very people are here in the United States, they have assimilated and are willing to die to achieve their goal.

I don't know the answer as to how to deal with this fact without infringing on individual rights.  What I do know is that expecting politicians to figure it out will lead to nothing good for any of us that value freedom.

1.) The criticism of offering "thoughts and prayers" is asinine and offensive.

2.) we dont know the end game of the attack yesterday. The perps wore masks to conceal their identity. They then proceeded to get into a grt away vehicle and went undetected for a considerable amount of time. Most importantly, the explosive device left at the scene did not detonate as planned. Had we seen an explosion that created another mass casualty event then the resources allocated to dealing with that fall out could have greatly contributed to the perps making it back to a safe house or proceeding to a secondary target.

3.) this demonstrates a scarry escilation. This guy was middle class. He had a good job and a family. He was given generous concessions because of his religion including paid time for prayer and pilgramage. This shatters the mold of poor dissafected youth. Also you have a young woman. We focus 99% on militart aged males. Also, in the shoot out with police and the attempted get away its also possible that we are dealing with an attack that might not be classic "martyrdom." that could mean opening a new seal on the potential to radicalize those who might have a family posessions and something to live for.

Surely those who are anti gun regulations are happy for isis sympathisers to be able to freely buy guns? That's what you are arguing for...

Quote:Surely those who are anti gun regulations are happy for isis sympathisers to be able to freely buy guns? That's what you are arguing for...

Tell us about the 15-year-old ISIS sympathizer who shot the police employee in the back of the head with a hand gun - in Sydney.

No. We are arguing for oir right to buy a gun so that when a city goes on lockdown because terrorists are on the loose we can protect our families.

Moreover, these guys were caught with DOZENS of explosives. Would 12 pipe bombs killing 100 people have been a better outcome?

This was a high ridk facility. On the one hand its lucky that they had previously drilled for an active shooter. On the other There should have been security.

Quote:Tell us about the 15-year-old ISIS sympathizer who shot the police employee in the back of the head with a hand gun - in Sydney.

I thought guns were outlawed in Australia? Has it already become Mad Max over there?