Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Payton Mannings Career Over?

Quote:The question is will the Broncos have the flexibility to use the Franchise Tag on Von Miller if necessary?

This. Said perfectly. Some people think u can jus franchise or pay out any player but there's A WHOLE lot that's goes in to the flexibility /planning process

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can't imagine any quarterback retiring if he is healthy and wants to play.  Peyton Manning's team is a virtual lock for the AFC play. What I hope will happen Manning starts again as soon as his foot is ready, then play the game his way so  people can see the young Peyton Manning. He needs to retire with a standing ovation from Colts and Broncos fans before telling everyone goodbye  including the number 18. What else would be a better way to send one of the all-time best NFL players off to the sunset? Very simple: taking pictures of him scoring his last touchdown if you can do it.

Spoken like a true Broncos fan there JDub.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I can't imagine any quarterback retiring if he is healthy and wants to play.  Peyton Manning's team is a virtual lock for the AFC play. What I hope will happen Manning starts again as soon as his foot is ready, then play the game his way so  people can see the young Peyton Manning. He needs to retire with a standing ovation from Colts and Broncos fans before telling everyone goodbye  including the number 18. What else would be a better way to send one of the all-time best NFL players off to the sunset? Very simple: taking pictures of him scoring his last touchdown if you can do it.

I think the best way to send off one the NFL's all-time best players would be a 62-7 route of him and his team in the playoffs.

Quote:I think the best way to send off one the NFL's all-time best players would be a 62-7 route of him and his team in the playoffs.

Or upsetting his team on their home field in the wild card and knocking him out of the game in the second half.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 01:38 AM by D6.)

Quote:This. Said perfectly. Some people think u can jus franchise or pay out any player but there's A WHOLE lot that's goes in to the flexibility /planning process

Thanks.

The fact that Brock Osweiler is scheduled to be an UFA,  with Peyton Manning near the end of the football playing road,   provides Von Miller and Osweiler with tremendous contract leverage.  Both of them can't be tagged.   If the Broncos can't agree to a multi-year contract with Osweiler,   they might not be able to use the Franchise Tag on Von Miller if necessary.   Especially,  if Osweiler continues to build off his success of his first two starts,   both wins.  

Quote: Thanks.

The fact that Brock Osweiler is scheduled to be an UFA, with Peyton Manning near the end of the football playing road, provides Von Miller and Osweiler with tremendous contract leverage. Both of them can't be tagged. If the Broncos can't agree to a multi-year contract with Osweiler, they might not be able to use the Franchise Tag on Von Miller if necessary. Especially, if Osweiler continues to build off his success of his first two starts, both wins.

I think they will end up paying both of them what they deserve.

As of right now, Von Miller is more important to that team.

I don't think the tag will be used.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 02:23 AM by nhiverson.)

The Broncos have a few other interesting free agents too not just Von and Brock.

I was looking at this site http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/denver-broncos/ not sure how up to date it is.

No Fun

Quote:I think they will end up paying both of them what they deserve.

As of right now, Von Miller is more important to that team.

I don't think the tag will be used.

I agree that both players probably will get WELL paid by the Broncos.  

Though Von Miller is clearly the better player,  at least at this time,  the QB position is so important that I'm not sure what the Broncos will do if somehow both remain UFAs when the decision has to be made who to use the Franchise Tag on. 

Quote:The Broncos have a few other interesting free agents too not just Von and Brock.

I was looking at this site http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/denver-broncos/ not sure how up to date it is.

This is a website that I often use when it comes to Free Agency and the Salary Cap.   One of the best NFL sites on the Internet.

Derek Wolfe has been playing at a very high level since his suspension and probably will make plenty of money in his next contract.   The Broncos might not be able to keep him. 

The Broncos certainy have tough decisions regarding their LBs.