Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sooooo...is this terrorism? - merged

Quote:Can we all just agree that this guy is nuts and probably had no real political or religious motive for doing this?
That is kind of what it's feeling like at this point, and if that is the case, it's just a looney toon with a gun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can we all just agree that this guy is nuts and probably had no real political or religious motive for doing this?

Perhaps.

Quote:Suspected Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Lewis Dear mentioned "baby parts" to investigators and in later interviews expressed anti-abortion and anti-government views, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told CNN

Regardless of his motivation, he's obviously nuts. It's one thing to hold a radical belief, quite another to act upon it radically.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

In the same article they pointed out that he said a lot of things and that those statements didnt prove his motive.

Quote:In the same article they pointed out that he said a lot of things and that those statements didnt prove his motive.

Hence the "perhaps."

- Bob Marley

Quote:In the same article they pointed out that he said a lot of things and that those statements didnt prove his motive.
And yet if a Muslim opens fire at a military recruitment office, that alone is enough for you to scream terrorism and label Obama an apologist for not agreeing with you.

Childish... Just childish. You have a global call for lone wolf attacks against the homeland and evidence that person had been radicallized. That person also specifically targeted people from the military.

Not to mention fort hood. That decision not to classify the shooting as terrorism has real world consequences for the families not receiving benefits while the perpetrator was still getting paid.

Then you have benghazi. It was just a spontaneous response to america islamaphobic propoganda.

Then you have Bill Ayers. This guy wrote a book about being the leader of a domestic terrorist cell (weather underground), bombong the pentagon, wishing he had done more etc.

Its the LEFT that coddles snd makes excuses for terrorist and shy away from the very name.

Im about as far right as it gets. I am extremely pro life. If someone invited me to a sit in or a stand in at a pp facility i would bring the donuts. If it is proven this guy targeted pp with violence then i will be the first to lead the call for him to be charged with a capital offense.

As such your entire op is another sad example of lefty misplaced anger accusing the right of things leftists do daily.

Riddle me this. Is margaret sanger a eugenicist and have her actions lead to genocide?

Quote:Childish... Just childish. You have a global call for lone wolf attacks against the homeland and evidence that person had been radicallized. That person also specifically targeted people from the military.

Not to mention fort hood. That decision not to classify the shooting as terrorism has real world consequences for the families not receiving benefits while the perpetrator was still getting paid.

Then you have benghazi. It was just a spontaneous response to america islamaphobic propoganda.

Then you have Bill Ayers. This guy wrote a book about being the leader of a domestic terrorist cell (weather underground), bombong the pentagon, wishing he had done more etc.

Its the LEFT that coddles snd makes excuses for terrorist and shy away from the very name.

Im about as far right as it gets. I am extremely pro life. If someone invited me to a sit in or a stand in at a pp facility i would bring the donuts. If it is proven this guy targeted pp with violence then i will be the first to lead the call for him to be charged with a capital offense.

As such your entire op is another sad example of lefty misplaced anger accusing the right of things leftists do daily.

Riddle me this. Is margaret sanger a eugenicist and have her actions lead to genocide?

It's plain old moral equivilance, ie you're just as bad as we are.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence that he chose PP to shoot up. 

Quote:Why? I don't believe much of anything the media reports. This guy went from his home in the Carolinas, shot up a PP clinic in Colorado, and doesn't actually kill anyone from the clinic? He couldn't find a PP closer to home? He's really that awful with his "AK" type "long gun" that he could only shoot a couple people including one in the parking lot? It's terrible that people died, it's too convenient that the killing was done as ineffectively as possible by a caricature of a stereotype Sure has done a good job of getting people riled up at Christians though, lots of "Christians/Jews are just the same/as bad as the Muslims" type chatter today. I wonder why anyone would want people thinking that way over the next 12 months?

Man up, child. Admit it. This is not a conspiracy. The angry irrational rhetoric from the right about PP selling baby parts has led to this terrorist right wing whacko to shoot and kill a bunch of innocent people. Simple as that.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457791898/reports-an-iraq-vet-and-a-mother-of-2-were-victims-of-planned-parenthood-shootin'>http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457791898/reports-an-iraq-vet-and-a-mother-of-2-were-victims-of-planned-parenthood-shootin</a>

Quote:Man up, child. Admit it. This is not a conspiracy. The angry irrational rhetoric from the right about PP selling baby parts has led to this terrorist right wing whacko to shoot and kill a bunch of innocent people. Simple as that.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457791898/reports-an-iraq-vet-and-a-mother-of-2-were-victims-of-planned-parenthood-shootin'>http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457791898/reports-an-iraq-vet-and-a-mother-of-2-were-victims-of-planned-parenthood-shootin</a>

Based on his resume he doesn't sound right wing at all. What conservatives do you know that have a PA degree and work in art procurement? This guy smells like a deep cover leftist activated to do some more rabble rousing before the elections next year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Based on his resume he doesn't sound right wing at all. What conservatives do you know that have a PA degree and work in art procurement? This guy smells like a deep cover leftist activated to do some more rabble rousing before the elections next year.

Good thing you don't actually believe anything you write. Just trying to cover up for the crazies on your side?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Good thing you don't actually believe anything you write. Just trying to cover up for the crazies on your side?

It's just too convenient and there's too many variables in motive, location, and execution.

Let me add that if he is in fact a right winger then I denounce him and his actions. This not how we do things.

So there you have it, the voice of moderate Christendom hath spoken.

Quote:It's just too convenient and there's too many variables in motive, location, and execution.

Let me add that if he is in fact a right winger then I denounce him and his actions. This not how we do things.

So there you have it, the voice of moderate Christendom hath spoken.

Oh really? Then why do you feel the need to be The Great Apologist whenever something like this occurs? You felt the need to come up with a silly theory - a vast left-wing conspiracy? You are always quick with the one-line retorts casting aspersions on any and all that could be considered left-wing but when some nut takes the bait of some right-wing propaganda you are first to jump in to suggest an alternative reality.

You're working to hard to provide cover for the loons.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015, 02:49 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Based on his resume he doesn't sound right wing at all. What conservatives do you know that have a PA degree and work in art procurement? This guy smells like a deep cover leftist activated to do some more rabble rousing before the elections next year.

Did you really key this with a straight face?

- Bob Marley

I think the chasm between the "Right" and "Left" is bordering on the absurd. 

Quote:Did you really key this with a straight face?

Sure, this is exactly how the left operates. Always has and always will.

Quote:I think the chasm between the "Right" and "Left" is bordering on the absurd. 

There is a theory that if you go out far enough both ends double back and merge. Sort of an addition to Einstein's theory of relativity. Or something.

Quote:There is a theory that if you go out far enough both ends double back and merge. Sort of an addition to Einstein's theory of relativity. Or something.
They don't quite double back and merge, but the extremes on both ends of the political scale do drift closer to one another than the more moderate ideologies do.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 04:22 PM by Minorcan.)

Quote:There is a theory that if you go out far enough both ends double back and merge. Sort of an addition to Einstein's theory of relativity. Or something.

Quote:They don't quite double back and merge, but the extremes on both ends of the political scale do drift closer to one another than the more moderate ideologies do.

What bothers me most about politics is you have a check list of items and you cannot veer from that checklist. I'm a liberal, but I don't always believe in every ideology set forth and am moderate on a few. The stick to your guns no matter what, is akin to rooting for a football team and always believing the calls made against you are wrong and calls made for you are right. It's ridiculous! 

Quote:Sure, this is exactly how the left operates. Always has and always will.

Seriously? The Left establishes deep cover activists who commit spectacular murder under the guise as right wing radicals, just to drum up support for the left and opposition to the right, and they do this all the time?

That's funny stuff, right there. I'll let your assertion that conservatives would never get a degree in a medical field then work in art procurement stand on its own. Some jokes just tell themselves.

- Bob Marley