Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Thanksgiving Day Football Thread***

lol prosinski with the forced fumble
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't understand the love for the Cowboys every year. It seems like the "experts" pick them to win the division and make noise around the league every year, but the fact is they have been bad for at least the last 5 years and are still a sorry team. How in the world were they favored to win today? lol 

It's logical. They were 12-4 last year, and 3-0 year with Romo at QB.

However, I picked the Panthers to win

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I was waiting for romo to get hurt again. My uncle and I were actually talking about that today saying he's one good hit away from being hurt again. Sure enough a few hours later, that happened.

Awesome scene as Bart Starr came out tonight. Favre looked like a little kid on Christmas when he heard that he was coming out! That's awesome too see. I hope one day we see blakes number retired in the same fashion!

Oh gosh Rodgers.

No Fun

Man there goes my fantasy team.... Be ok Rodgers!!!

Davante Adams if awful.

Quote:It's logical. They were 12-4 last year, and 3-0 year with Romo at QB.

However, I picked the Panthers to win

That does not make it logical that Dallas was the favorite. Who cares what their record was last year when Carolina had gone a whole year without losing?

well, I got 2 out of 3 today

Quote:Well, I got 2 out of 3 today.

Which one did you get wrong?

Quote:Which one did you get wrong?
Cowboys

I missed on the Bears. I thought about picking them, but I just couldn't actually do it. This is the Bears first win on Thanksgiving Day in 22 years.

'02

Quote:I missed on the Bears. I thought about picking them, but I just couldn't actually do it. This is the Bears first win on Thanksgiving Day in 22 years.

Do you hate the Bears?

Quote:Do you hate the Bears?

Hate them? No... They're doing surprisingly well this year, and as I said I nearly picked them to win in Lambeau, but I just couldn't convince myself on doing as much considering how accustomed I've been over the years to watching the Bears get whooped on Thanksgiving.

'02

Quote:lol prosinski with the forced fumble

It's unreal watching Propain start for them and to make a big play on T-Giving to boot. I recall his singing with them the same day they claimed LaRoy Reynolds off waivers. They picked up Ziggy Hood around the same time.

'02

Quote:That Jason Peters injury lurks huge.

Eagles dink one off the upright from 50 yards... still no score.

My picks this week are the Lions, Panthers and Packers.

The Eagles losing Jason Peters certainly turned out to be huge.   Ezekiel ' Ziggy' Ansah had his most impactful game of his career going up against Lane Johnson,  after the latter was moved from RT to LT.  

Quote:7-0 Lions

Big run by DeMarco Murray followed by a huge pass to Burton, and the Eagles are in scoring position.

I didn't see who got hurt.

That was the play Lions FS Glover Quin injured his ankle.  He didn't return to the game and is still dealing with the injury heading into Thursday Night's game against the Packers.

Quote:I missed on the Bears. I thought about picking them, but I just couldn't actually do it. This is the Bears first win on Thanksgiving Day in 22 years.

The Bears previous win on Thanksgiving Day was the game in which Barry Sanders suffered the most extensive injury of his 10 year career with the Lions.   The torn MCL injury sidelined Barry for the final 5 regular season games but one would have never known by watching him in the Lions playoff game against the Packers.   The ironic part of this based on what transpired on Thanksgiving Day this year is Brett Favre put himself on the playoff map with a TD pass to Sterling Sharpe that won the Packers the game.   It's a pass most QBs wouldn't have attempted but Favre made it look easy despite broken coverage in the Lions secondary.