Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
clots trade Dwayne Allen to N.E.

Quote:The Indianapolis Colts have agreed to trade tight end Dwayne Allen to the New England Patriots, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">The Colts agreed to send Allen and a sixth-round pick to New England for a Patriots fourth-round pick, per league sources.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">The addition of Allen makes it likely that the Patriots will not re-sign tight end Martellus Bennett, who is an unrestricted free agent.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">Before a 2014 game between the Patriots and Colts, coach Bill Belichick had high praise for Allen, saying, "I've been really impressed with Allen's blocking. I think he's one of the best blocking tight ends we'll see."

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">Allen re-signed with the Colts last offseason with a four-year, $29 million contract. He finished with 35 receptions for 406 yards and six touchdowns while playing in 14 games in 2016.

espn ^

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

tacks?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:tacks?
Oops.  

Mixed up our divisional foes. 

Will seek mod assistance. 

Quote:Oops.  

Mixed up our divisional foes. 

Will seek mod assistance. 
tacks, clots...they both can suck it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I can't believe the deal the Pats got on this one. Wow. A late 4th offset by a 6th? 

Quote:tacks, clots...they both can suck it.
Texans too!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I can't believe the deal the Pats got on this one. Wow. A late 4th offset by a 6th? 

I'm very surprised by this trade.   Strengthening the Patriots,  a team you have to get by in the AFC year after year,  makes little sense.  That much more with how little the Colts are getting in return.

Allen averages about 25 catches a year and usually playing about 7 games a year. The fact we got anything for him is a win.

With that being said, I would not be surprised if he flourishes in NE - everyone does.

Quote: I'm very surprised by this trade.   Strengthening the Patriots,  a team you have to get by in the AFC year after year,  makes little sense.  That much more with how little the Colts are getting in return.
Here's hoping colts general managers continue moves like this and the Trent Richardson deal for years to come. 

I always want to react to colts offseason moves like:

[Image: dunno2.gif]

If this is as deep a TE draft as they are saying it is, my guess is they think they can get a TE in the 4th round that is more suited for their offense.  Or really any position the draft is deep in.

A forth rounder in this draft is pretty valuable from what they are saying.

Quote:Here's hoping colts general managers continue moves like this

Agreed!

Quote:Agreed!
It was meant for humor more than anything. This isn't like the Richardson debacle. 

Doyle plus a pick from this deep class of TEs should do nicely for you guys if you hit on the pick. 

Quote:Allen averages about 25 catches a year and usually playing about 7 games a year. The fact we got anything for him is a win.

With that being said, I would not be surprised if he flourishes in NE - everyone does.

The Patriots do an excellent job getting the most out of players by putting them in roles that they are well suited for.  Kyle Van Noy immediately comes to mind and also was traded to them in a similar type of trade structure as Dwayne Allen.  The Patriots are the antithesis of the square peg in a round hole organization.