Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
U.S. pilots: Obama blocks 75% of ISIS strikes

Quote:Also: 

He IS one of who, exactly?  

Radical Islamist hell bent on conquering the West. Aren't you paying attention? 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Radical Islamist hell bent on conquering the West. Aren't you paying attention? 

Well Obama isn't an Islamist for starters.  Anyone who suggests he is can safely be ignored.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Well Obama isn't an Islamist for starters. Anyone who suggests he is can safely be ignored.

He did state in his book that if the political winds shifted that he will take the side of Islam. Regardless if he is actually a closet Muslim or not, he is in the very least more sympathetic to the Muslims over there than the Jews and Christians whom genocide is being waged against.

As far as this report goes, who knows anything really without specifics from each sortie. I reserve judgement. I wouldn't give the ok to bomb a school or hospital because there is one possible radical teacher or nurse inside. Now if its an ISIS training camp I wouldn't hold back because of some innocent janitors or truck drivers. Context is needed.

Quote:He did state in his book that if the political winds shifted that he will take the side of Islam. Regardless if he is actually a closet Muslim or not, he is in the very least more sympathetic to the Muslims over there than the Jews and Christians whom genocide is being waged against.

As far as this report goes, who knows anything really without specifics from each sortie. I reserve judgement. I wouldn't give the ok to bomb a school or hospital because there is one possible radical teacher or nurse inside. Now if its an ISIS training camp I wouldn't hold back because of some innocent janitors or truck drivers. Context is needed.
Frankly, I don't think a sitting US President should be "more sympathetic" to one group over another based on religion. There's no room for sympathy in the Oval Office when it comes to foreign conflict. There's only room for, "What's best for the United States of America?".

I tend to agree with your second point, although I believe that we have special forces for a reason. If there's a high-value target in that training camp and a way to get SEALs in rather than blowing civilians up, I'd go that route. Anyone who does anything other than freeze up, fall down or pass out when a SEAL kicks in the door is probably an enemy combatant and fair game. If the F-16 is the "only ship in the quadrant", so to speak, and the target is high-value enough, you'd have to at least weigh the risk of killing civilians vs. the risk of letting someone who has masterminded and continues to mastermind brutal, unpredictable attacks against western civilians go.

It's situations like that that make me really glad I'm not the President.

Quote:He did state in his book that if the political winds shifted that he will take the side of Islam. 
I am no fan of the guy in the least bit but this quote is absolute horse [BLEEP]. 

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." 

You can take that as Obama siding with Islam or you can use your head and realize that he will keep immigrants to this country from suffering the same fate as the Japanese who were placed in internment camps. There are many things to knock the guy on (ex: his rhetoric after Paris has been pretty dumb) but making things up or intentionally quoting things out of context is nonsense.

Quote:I am no fan of the guy in the least bit but this quote is absolute horse [BAD WORD REMOVED].

<span style="background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." </span>

You can take that as Obama siding with Islam or you can use your head and realize that he will keep immigrants to this country from suffering the same fate as the Japanese who were placed in internment camps. There are many things to knock the guy on (ex: his rhetoric after Paris has been pretty dumb) but making things up or intentionally quoting things out of context is nonsense.

I'll be honest; I've never read the full quote and had only seen the false quotes before. You are absolutely right and I was wrong.

I still think he sympathizes with Muslims more than Christians and Jews.

Quote:I'll be honest; I've never read the full quote and had only seen the false quotes before. You are absolutely right and I was wrong.

I still think he sympathizes with Muslims more than Christians and Jews.
I'm not sure that he intends to in the way that people paint it as. Muslims are, to borrow an unfortunate allegory I read a while back, "the new [n-bomb]s." I think he sees the way they're treated by America and on the world stage and coddles them to a great degree as a result. That doesn't mean I agree with him on everything he's done, particularly his refusal to call radical Islamist terrorism for what it is, but I think Drifter and his ilk are nuts when they say that Obama is planning to bring down the US and hand it to ISIS.

Quote:I'm not sure that he intends to in the way that people paint it as. Muslims are, to borrow an unfortunate allegory I read a while back, "the new [n-bomb]s." I think he sees the way they're treated by America and on the world stage and coddles them to a great degree as a result. That doesn't mean I agree with him on everything he's done, particularly his refusal to call radical Islamist terrorism for what it is, but I think Drifter and his ilk are nuts when they say that Obama is planning to bring down the US and hand it to ISIS.

You may be right. Who knows his motivations for why he sides with Islam more than the people who are being attacked in the name of it? The obvious reality is that he does and tries to sell it as Muslims being persecuted while in the meantime they are killing and destabilizing the whole world. It seems to me that the more he sees Muslims killing people the more it reinforces that these poor people are being forced to blow people up because of their persecution. Obama is all about the victimization of the world at the hands of white, Christian America... And its obvious. Its just sad that so many on the left are adopting Obama's reality as their own.

I might very well be misenterpeting peoples points here but are people other than Drudgefeed actually claiming radical islamists are bringing about genocide of Christians and Jews only? I'm pretty sure they are waging genocide on literally everyone who is not their specific brand of crazy. The vast majority of people killed by radical islamists are other Muslims. They are killing people of all races and creeds and walks of life. I genuinely do not understand this desire to paint one group as being more targeted or whatever than any other in regards to the terrorism.

Quote:I might very well be misenterpeting peoples points here but are people other than Drudgefeed actually claiming radical islamists are bringing about genocide of Christians and Jews only? I'm pretty sure they are waging genocide on literally everyone who is not their specific brand of crazy. The vast majority of people killed by radical islamists are other Muslims. They are killing people of all races and creeds and walks of life. I genuinely do not understand this desire to paint one group as being more targeted or whatever than any other in regards to the terrorism.

It's pretty well-established that Sunnis kill Jews, Christians, and Shiites while Shiites mostly just kill Jews.  The Shiites mostly stopped with terrorism as we know it today in the 80's.  The execution videos and videos of innocent people being blown up by suicide bombers are mostly images of Sunnis like ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra, Boko Haram, and the Taliban.  For the most part, Shiites are the state sponsored terrorist attacks of Hezbollah against Israel.

Quote:I'll be honest; I've never read the full quote and had only seen the false quotes before. You are absolutely right and I was wrong.

What have you learned from that regarding your sources of information?  

Quote:I am no fan of the guy in the least bit but this quote is absolute horse [BAD WORD REMOVED]. 

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." 

Not only that, he has consistently backed up his ideals that persecution of immigrants based on faith is wrong in the past few days, even in the wake of the bombings and public opinion/hysteria.

Maybe there are other subjects to ding him on for being a hypocrite, but not this one.  He's as resolute as stubborn Dick Cheney, and as compassionate as Bush #43 was after 9/11 when he showed up in a mosque demanding that we don't blame millions of law-abiding people for the acts of a few rich-kid Saudi and Egyptian nationals.

As for the OP, nobody really believes the fringe right-wing blogs, not even the guys who are on your side of the political spectrum. 

Obama has no intention to end ISIS. Why else would he be warning supply caravans that he is going to bomb them?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/16/us-military-sharing-intelligence-with-france-on-isis-targets-in-syria.htm

A military official with knowledge of the strikes said that recently-arrived U.S. Air Force A-10 Warthogs from Incirlik Air Base, in Turkey, carried out the strikes on the fuel farm.

The official said previously the fuel trucks were off limits to U.S. military strike aircraft. When asked if the Paris attacks would bring about a change in the U.S. military’s rules of engagement, the official said that the truck drivers were warned first before the bombs fell.

“We dropped leaflets, warning the drivers to scatter,” said an official who had been briefed on the strike.  “Next we strafed the area [with 30mm cannons] before the dropping bombs” from the warthogs.

Quote:Obama has no intention to end ISIS.

You lost me right there...

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

[Image: isisfuel_zpsd8k0gtjd.jpg]

Russia destroyed 500 fuel trucks belonging to ISIS transporting illegal oil

Because Putin has more testicular fortitude then Obama

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:You lost me right there...

He said it himself. He has no intention to end them, he wants them contained.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 03:09 PM by rollerjag.)

The title of this thread gave me a mental image of President Obama on the tarmac or carrier flight deck, waving his arms trying to stop jets from taking off.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Is that a link to an old story?  or is that new?  This was making big headlines back in the spring that our pilots "hands were tied behind their back".  

This is the difficulty in fighting a war in modern day against a guerrilla element.  Israeli's have been dealing with this for decades.  When your enemy hides behind children and puts weapon caches in schools, civilian casualties will be an inevitability.  And you'll have a difficult time winning the public relations battle.  

Obama seems to be mouthing off at everyone "popping off" about his strategy.  Which is ironic because two months ago he said there wasnt a strategy.  It's been pretty apparent during his Presidency that he doesnt want to get involved in foreign affairs and only does so grudgingly.  Almost seems like he wants to do as little as possible while doing just enough to make it appear like he is doing something.  And if there is truly a strategy for ISIS it seems to be that we shouldnt put boots on the ground.  And any air strikes should be avoid civilian casualties at all costs.  Which is admirable.  But not surprising there hasnt been a ton of progress either.

Obama said: “What I’m not interested in doing is posing or pursuing some notion of American leadership or America winning or whatever other slogans they come up with that has no relationship to what is actually gonna work to protect the American people and to protect people in the region.”

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Got it.  No leadership.  No winning.