Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette !

Perhaps we should look at the history of taking RBs in the top six over the past decade... So, last year the Cowboys took Elliott at #4, and he looks to be turning out ok. Before that you have to go back to 2012 when the Browns took Trent Richardson at #3. How'd he turn out? Prior to that we're talking 2008 with the Raiders taking Darren McFadden at #4.

While I'm at it, let me look at DBs... So, last year the Jaguars take Ramsey at #5. Before that, you have CB Morris Clayborn, taken #6 in 2012 by the Cowboys<strong>, SS Eric Berry at #5 in 2010,
CB Patrick Peterson taken #5 in 2011 by the Cards and then SS DeRon Landry at #6 by the Redskins in 2007.</strong>

Looking at this, I'd say Lattimore and Adams are at least just as much in play for the #4 pick as a RB is.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

...or, you could simply look at what Coughlin himself has done.

He's selected DL and RB high in the first with success.

He's selected CB and S low in the first with success.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Looks like DL is back in play with Campbell leaning Denver.

Quote:Looks like DL is back in play with Campbell leaning Denver.

Not so fast! Looks like we got him!

Quote:Not so fast! Looks like we got him!

DL should always be in play but glad we got him.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2017, 04:34 PM by GlockBortles.)

I have no where else to put this but in a fantastical dream world the saints trade up with us to take leonard

Trade cooks for the titans 18

Trade Mark Ingram for whatever you can get for him

Swap firsts, give us whatever thet got for ingram and a second

We pick whoever at 11, the saints take hometown hero Fournette at 4 and have the 18th pick for a defensive player. Everyone wins.

Im normally against trade scenarios but i just wanted to throw this out there for day dream purposes.

Quote:We pick whoever at 11, the saints take hometown hero Fournette at 4 and have the 18th pick for a defensive player. Everyone wins.

I'd go Dalvin Cook at #11 and Cam Robinson at #18 if that scenario could possibly pan out.

Quote:I'd go Dalvin Cook at #11 and Cam Robinson at #18 if that scenario could possibly pan out.
lol, the 2 players with red flags.  No thanks.  I guess you haven't been a Jags fan long enough

If we draft Dalvin Cook he will let his buddies run ransack in Jacksonville and will probably tear a labrum three games into the season.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I'd go Dalvin Cook at #11 and Cam Robinson at #18 if that scenario could possibly pan out.
we dont get 18, the saints keep 18

Quote:I have no where else to put this but in a fantastical dream world the saints trade up with us to take leonard

Trade cooks for the titans 18

Trade Mark Ingram for whatever you can get for him

Swap firsts, give us whatever thet got for ingram and a second

We pick whoever at 11, the saints take hometown hero Fournette at 4 and have the 18th pick for a defensive player. Everyone wins.

Im normally against trade scenarios but i just wanted to throw this out there for day dream purposes.

You need to go outside.

Quote:You need to go outside.
you guys post garbage all day. At least let me get one in.

Quote:you guys post garbage all day. At least let me get one in.

Ok, but just one.

I'm all aboard the Fournette train. Scouts are comparing him to Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson. He will make Bortles job much easier and he will change the complexion of this offense.

Quote:Ok, but just one.

I'm all aboard the Fournette train. Scouts are comparing him to Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson. He will make Bortles job much easier and he will change the complexion of this offense.
Hes neither of those guys, not even close. Thats not even an insult to him either, whatever scouts said that are just straight up bad at their jobs and just want clicks. Bo is from a different planet.

I'm all on the Fournette train 

BUT

We failed to get any of the good o lineman in free agency, big nothing burger. Cam Robinson is not worth a 4 pick, lamp/feeney are not worth a 4 pick. What do we do?

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:I'm all on the Fournette train 

BUT

We failed to get any of the good o lineman in free agency, big nothing burger. Cam Robinson is not worth a 4 pick, lamp/feeney are not worth a 4 pick. What do we do?
Take Fournette and go oline in round 2, and one of 3 and 4.  Get a TE with in one of round 3 and 4.  

Good chance Lamp/Feeney are gone by 2nd, might need to go back into the 1st or trade back. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Good chance Lamp/Feeney are gone by 2nd, might need to go back into the 1st or trade back. 
My first choice is to trade back and take McCaffrey.  Then we will have more ammo as well

Quote:I'm all on the Fournette train 

BUT

Take Thomas or Lattimore anyway since pass rush depth is extremely important and base nickel 3 CB sets is 2/3 of the snaps.

Quote:Take Thomas or Lattimore anyway since pass rush depth is extremely important and base nickel 3 CB sets is 2/3 of the snaps.
If we went defense I want Hooker at this point.  But Tom is smart and knows what is best for this team.  McCaffrey or Fournette