Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette !

At 4, I see it being Fournette or Lattimore. I hope we can trade down but I doubt it very seriously.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But Tom is smart and knows what is best for this team.  McCaffrey or Fournette
More like hopefully he learned from his mistake and realized he won super bowls with 4th round Brandon Jacobs and 7th round Ahmad Bradshaw and nada with 1st rounders James Stewart, Fred Taylor, and David Wilson. 

At #4 BAP then keep the trend with every pick.

HAHAAAAA!

We go RB with the first pick!

Then go OL with the second pick!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Take Thomas or Lattimore anyway since pass rush depth is extremely important and base nickel 3 CB sets is 2/3 of the snaps.

But! But! We have AARON FREAKING COLVIN!!!!! THE GREATEST NICKEL CORNER IN NFL HISTORY! STEAL OF THE CENTURY!

Solomon Thomas at 4. Book it. Campbell has 56.5 sacks over 9 years, and he'll be 31 when the season starts. We still need a real deal weakside DE.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2017, 01:50 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Solomon Thomas at 4. Book it. Campbell has 56.5 sacks over 9 years, and he'll be 31 when the season starts. We still need a real deal weakside DE.

Coughlin cares about production. Not age. Ngakoue and Fowler both can line up on the weak side. They both just played their first full season so you gotta let them develop too. Now you've Campbell on the strong side with Malik inside. We just threw so much money on defense in FA. History says that means we'll likely go offense heavy in the draft. They are trying to save Bortles here or at least make his job easier this year to win some games. IMO the writing is clearly on the wall for Fournette. *shrug* 

Quote:Perhaps we should look at the history of taking RBs in the top six over the past decade... So, last year the Cowboys took Elliott at #4, and he looks to be turning out ok. Before that you have to go back to 2012 when the Browns took Trent Richardson at #3. How'd he turn out? Prior to that we're talking 2008 with the Raiders taking Darren McFadden at #4.

While I'm at it, let me look at DBs... So, last year the Jaguars take Ramsey at #5. Before that, you have CB Morris Clayborn, taken #6 in 2012 by the Cowboys<strong>, SS Eric Berry at #5 in 2010,
CB Patrick Peterson taken #5 in 2011 by the Cards and then SS DeRon Landry at #6 by the Redskins in 2007.</strong>

Looking at this, I'd say Lattimore and Adams are at least just as much in play for the #4 pick as a RB is.

You could find examples of top five busts in every position.

When are people going to stop using Trent Richardson to prove their point? He was a mistake. But no more than some other top-of-the-draft failures.

Quote:You could find examples of top five busts in every position.

When are people going to stop using Trent Richardson to prove their point? He was a mistake. But no more than some other top-of-the-draft failures.
Not safety. Even if you stretch it to top 10 the two worst examples are solid long term starters Michael Huff and Mark Barron. On average you get multiple pro bowlers Laron Landry and Roy Williams. When you get you get hall of fame caliber guys like Eric Berry and RIP Sean Taylor. 

No busts though. 

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017, 04:16 PM by Holger.)

I watched a few videos on draft breakdown it looks like he gets a lot of yards with good blocking where he goes untouched. He has some nice moves to make a guy miss and can obv run someone over. I think a RB is nice but would be worried about LFs style given our OL is not very good

Quote:I watched a few videos on draft breakdown it looks like he gets a lot of yards with good blocking where he goes untouched. He has some nice moves to make a guy miss and can obv run someone over. I think a RB is nice but would be worried about LFs style given our OL is not very good
You are correct.

So without improving our OL Fournette at 4 doesn't make since because he is one of the most blocking dependent RBs in this class. And if we do improve our OL then Fournette at 4 doesn't makes sense because the RB we have or a day 2 RB could also run through the open holes. 

Either way, an elite pick on Fournette doesn't make sense. 

Long term plans have to be in play here, not just who is best for us now. Fournette would potentially be that if we have plans on getting the oline to a strong unit by the 2018 draft, even if we don't have a top run game this year. 2018 draft and free agents should be somewhat of a factor. That being said I think Thomas is the guy

Long term plans and running back top 5 are pretty diametrically opposing statements, to be fair. 

Quote:I'm all on the Fournette train

BUT

We failed to get any of the good o lineman in free agency, big nothing burger. Cam Robinson is not worth a 4 pick, lamp/feeney are not worth a 4 pick. What do we do?

Did you overlook Albert?

Quote:More like hopefully he learned from his mistake and realized he won super bowls with 4th round Brandon Jacobs and 7th round Ahmad Bradshaw and nada with 1st rounders James Stewart, Fred Taylor, and David Wilson.

But Justin Tuck was a 3rd round pick. And Michael Strahan was a 2nd round pick.

Quote:But Justin Tuck was a 3rd round pick. And Michael Strahan was a 2nd round pick.
So the main DEs he won SB with were drafted in the 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd. The main RBs he won with were drafted in the 4th and 7th. 

Quote:So the main DEs he won SB with were drafted in the 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd. The main RBs he won with were drafted in the 4th and 7th.

You missed the point. His best Dlinemen were not even from the 1st round. Meaning we can find those in other rounds besides 1st.

Quote:You missed the point. His best Dlinemen were not even from the 1st round. Meaning we can find those in other rounds besides 1st.
My point isn't that you have to take DE in the first round, it's that you don't take RB in the 1st.

Also, Tom didn't win a super bowl until Strahan retired. That's why I didn't include him. So it was really 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd round DE vs 4th and 7th round RB. I think you get the picture.

The last first round RB that produced significantly for a super bowl champion that drafted him was Jamal Lewis 17 years ago (Lynch did but not for the Bills). 41 1st round RB since then...

Quote:My point isn't that you have to take DE in the first round, it's that you don't take RB in the 1st.

Also, Tom didn't win a super bowl until Strahan retired. That's why I didn't include him. So it was really 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd round DE vs 4th and 7th round RB. I think you get the picture.

The last first round RB that produced significantly for a super bowl champion that drafted him was Jamal Lewis 17 years ago (Lynch did but not for the Bills). 41 1st round RB since then...
But Tom did when a SB with Strahan. Strahan was a beast in the playoffs that year too

Yeah you're right, I thought so too at first until I tried looking it up. "2008" super bowl champions usually aren't thought of like that when the entire regular season was played in 2007...

Even still, you all keep focusing on what clearly wasn't the point. I'm not arguing specifically FOR Thomas (I'd be perfectly happy with Lattimore, Hooker, or Adams in addition), I'm pointing out you don't win sustainably with first round RBs. 

I want Cook if he makes it to our second rounder pick. Don't care about his combine.