Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of the Franchise Presentation - 11AM Today

Quote:Coughlin is sweating like R Kelly at an 8th grade prom.

To quote Cajun Man, "Perspiration"

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Loved every bit of that tom speech. Breaking put the Bruce Lee stories always go down well

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran‏</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'><span style="font-size:.9em;"><span style="background-color:transparent;color:rgb(29,161,242);">Verified account</span> </span>@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/839506850253049857' title="11:03 AM - 8 Mar 2017">13m13 minutes ago</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="">Coughlin is going to make these tardy City Council members run the stadium stairs afterward.

In a way, I sort of feel bad for Lamping. 

He has to do this every year. 

The team has been awful and he has to explain why revenues and fan support are lagging.

;

;

Lamping, *yaaaaawwwnnnn* Winning and franchise qb will drive all those things.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/samkouvaris'>Sam Kouvaris‏<span> </span>@samkouvaris </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/samkouvaris/status/839513303147819009' title="11:29 AM - 8 Mar 2017">8s</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/samkouvaris/status/839513303147819009' title="11:29 AM - 8 Mar 2017">8 seconds ago</a>
<div>
<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="">Lamping says the team needs to make Jaguars home game weekends a full weekend experience. Concerts and other things to follow.

The team is in good hands business wise anyway. That much is certain.

Lamping 2020? 

Ticket prices are definitely going up folks!

Kudos to those of you who renewed, because those who didn't will be paying more in 2017. 

To paraphrase Lamping:

The avg ticket price in Jax is the fourth lowest in the league and not sustainable for the success of the franchise w/o a responsible increase. 

...we haven't kept up with inflation. 

I do find it curious that they'd shown every slide in presentation until they got to average ticket prices over the lifetime of the franchise.  Once they got to that, and the discussion about how they need to aggressively address the current ticket pricing structure, they stopped showing the numbers.  Once they got past that, they started showing the slides again.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If and when the Jaguars ever start winning, nosebleeds will be $120ea

The slide showing stadium ages is a bit misleading. 

While plenty of new stadiums have been built, or are planned.

There are a lot of stadiums (Carolina, DC, Tampa, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee) that opened within four years of Everbank Field and have not undergone "major" renovations.

;

;

Quote:The slide showing stadium ages is a bit misleading. 

While plenty of new stadiums have been built, or are planned.

There are a lot of stadiums (Carolina, DC, Tampa, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee) that opened within four years of Everbank Field and have not undergone "major" renovations.
Agreed.  Also a bit curious that they set a bar by saying new stadiums or stadiums that have received $300 million or more in renovations since the Jaguars entered the league.

Easily, more than $200 million has been spent over the last 10-15 years on stadium renovations.  That investment continues and won't be ending.

Funny how when they went back to the ticket pricing chart, they immediately went to a shot where you couldn't see the numbers.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:If and when the Jaguars ever start winning, nosebleeds will be $120ea
Lamping did point out that it's difficult to raise ticket prices, especially when the product on the field is underwhelming to say the least.

Did they mention whether or not we are going to suck again this year?

Have you seen my baseball?

For those local folk that have to calm themselves each year about losing a game to London (I'm not mad at you - I understand) here's your graphic on the monetary potential in London each year that benefits the franchise.

[Image: 426038_screen_shot_20170308_at_11.45.40_am_460x280.png]

Quote:Did they mention whether or not we are going to suck again this year?

I think the consensus was "probably."

I kid.

Actually - Khan went out of his way to re-iterate how unacceptable last year's results were - and Coughlin of course had his brand of rhetoric on winning mixed in. 

Lamping has even emphasized at three different points thus far how winning will positively affect the bottom line as well.  

Quote:Did they mention whether or not we are going to suck again this year?
I think that goes without saying.

I'll  say it 1000 times. Jacksonville fans have proven they're as dedicated and loyal as any fan base in the NFL. 60,000 people per game to watch a dumpster fire--there's no pretty way to say it. Last year was especially tough. So many of us thought we'd be taking a huge leap forward only to have....well, you know.

What happens to revenue and support when this team actually starts winning? What do you think the local TV ratings will be like when the Jags are in the conversation for Super Bowl contenders - instead of unfortunately, being the butt of national jokes?

The hard core fan base and support is already here - and I salute all of you for that.  If the Jags start winning, Everbank is going to be rocking so loud, you'll worry that it might come tumbling dow.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 12:58 PM by Jags2DaDeath.)

Quote:I think the consensus was "probably."

I kid.

Actually - Khan went out of his way to re-iterate how unacceptable last year's results were - and Coughlin of course had his brand of rhetoric on winning mixed in. 

Lamping has even emphasized at three different points thus far how winning will positively affect the bottom line as well.  

There is no doubt winning will fix a lot.

Barring a miracle in the next two years, it's likely this franchise will go 20 years without a home playoff game.

You'd have to be damn close to 30 years old to remember what a home playoff game is like.

;

;